Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-25-2017, 12:10 PM  
MVP

***** 2017 Chiefs Training Camp Week 1 Megathread *****

This is merely a repository for information. All points of discussion that deserve their own thread should have one, without dip********s posting Q.

Get excited:
Spoiler!

SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

Roster:

http://www.chiefs.com/team/roster.html

New Twitter feed - thanks SNR!

Last edited by saphojunkie; 07-27-2017 at 01:00 PM..
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:08 AM   #1021
Sandbox: Leander Lasercats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
They're not going to cut him without bringing in a replacement.

If Veach signs a guy in the next week, then West is probably on thin ice but I doubt it happens because they're going to take a Dead Cap hit AND need to sign someone else that can learn the offense but more importantly, the protections, quickly.

I think that if the Chiefs were truly concerned that West is chronically injured, they wouldn't have waited until camp to address those concerns.

And I'd think he'd go on IR rather than being outright cut because this year, teams can bring back 2 players off of IR.
I did not know that. Excellent!
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:16 AM   #1022
Sprinkle in some Mahomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
West is gonna get cut
Hoping he has enough value to get something for him.
TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:22 AM   #1023
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
Cake?
Yes, exactly. Andy loves some cake.
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:39 AM   #1024
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65TPT View Post
Hoping he has enough value to get something for him.
You can damn sure bet that Seattle and Green Bay would give up a pick for him but he's not going to get cut.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:20 AM   #1025
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Actually, Alex played only 14.5 games last season so it's about the same.

Both sucked.
This is intellectually dishonest.

While Trent's TD-INT ratio wasn't great, he was #2 in the NFL in passing, #5 in YPA, #4 in YPC and the Chiefs had the #1 offense.

It wasn't remotely the same offensive situation. Chiefs fans weren't down on Trent Green after 2005.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:34 AM   #1026
In Search of a Life

“Eligwe is a linebacker,” Chiefs special teams coach Dave Toub said via quotes from the Chiefs. “No question. I have already got him started on punting, so that says a lot about him. I really see a bright future for him. He may not be with me for a long time because he may be on defense because he is that good."

“I think he is going to be a really good player,” Sutton said. “Since he has been in here, he’s worked really hard at it, diligently. He studies hard. He loves to play. I think he has a physical presence in there. He studies. He knows the game. He is just going to get better and better. I think he has a bright future.”

I've never heard the coaching staff praise a late round pick this much this early. Sounds like they love Eligwe and have high expectations.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:34 AM   #1027
MVP

It's almost pointless to compare Trent Green and Alex Smith. Can you imagine if Travis Kelce set the single season record for receptions from a tight end? While spencer ware scored 28 total touchdowns?
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:36 AM   #1028
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
“Eligwe is a linebacker,” Chiefs special teams coach Dave Toub said via quotes from the Chiefs. “No question. I have already got him started on punting, so that says a lot about him. I really see a bright future for him. He may not be with me for a long time because he may be on defense because he is that good."

“I think he is going to be a really good player,” Sutton said. “Since he has been in here, he’s worked really hard at it, diligently. He studies hard. He loves to play. I think he has a physical presence in there. He studies. He knows the game. He is just going to get better and better. I think he has a bright future.”

I've never heard the coaching staff praise a late round pick like this, and this early. Sounds like they love Eligwe and have high expectations.
Toub said much the same about Tyreek Hill. Compared him to Devin Hester, and low and behold, by his second year, they want him off KR duty, because he is too valuable as a WR1. I honestly think he's going to be a top 5 WR sooner than later.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:37 AM   #1029
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
This is intellectually dishonest.
Your whole schtick is intellectually dishonest.

Quote:
While Trent's TD-INT ratio wasn't great, he was #2 in the NFL in passing, #5 in YPA, #4 in YPC and the Chiefs had the #1 offense.
Who cares? The Chiefs failed to make the playoffs in 2005, just like 2001, 2002 and 2004 under Green.

JFC.

Quote:
It wasn't remotely the same offensive situation. Chiefs fans weren't down on Trent Green after 2005.
And the Chiefs didn't have a Priest Holmes or Larry Johnson type of back in 2016, either.

Green was garbage in 2006 and wasn't much better in 2005. The Chiefs even drafted a QB in the 3rd round because they saw the end coming.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:39 AM   #1030
In Search of a Life

Quote:

I've never heard the coaching staff praise a late round pick this much this early. Sounds like they love Eligwe and have high expectations.
That's awesome to hear.

It would be great if he could be good this year.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:39 AM   #1031
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
Toub said much the same about Tyreek Hill. Compared him to Devin Hester, and low and behold, by his second year, they want him off KR duty, because he is too valuable as a WR1. I honestly think he's going to be a top 5 WR sooner than later.
You're right, I guess I should've specified outside of ST's.

Hopefully Eligwe is a huge hit like Hill was
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:40 AM   #1032
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
That's awesome to hear.

It would be great if he could be good this year.
Considering his pedigree, it shouldn't be surprising.

Florida State guys are generally highly athletic. If he hadn't have ****ed up while there, he wouldn't have been available in the 5th.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:43 AM   #1033
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
You're right, I guess I should've specified outside of ST's.

Hopefully Eligwe is a huge hit like Hill was
It would go a long way in shoring up our ILB spots.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:46 AM   #1034
LEGEND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
So Eligwe and DJ as starting LBs? And Mauga and Wilson as back ups?
penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:46 AM   #1035
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
It's pretty clear that with the selection of Eligwe, the trade for KPL and even the re-signing of Mauga, ILB is a priority heading into the season.