Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-19-2024, 07:51 PM   #991
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Explain to me again guys, why am I not supposed to like Corley?
Tell us what you like about him first? He’s not a pure speed deep threat. He’s not huge target. He’s built like a rb. Looks a little like skyy moore physically. And he played at a small school with limited competition. Average depth of route run looks pretty short. I don’t know anything about him other than just reading the limited info on him and haven’t watched any tape but those are question marks with just looking at the numbers. I like that’s he’s been clocked at 23 mph on the gps. And I like the bench press. It just shows he’s a worker to me.

Elite athletic skills -- Made Bruce Feldman's 'Freaks List' at number 81. He wrote: "Corley, who arrived at WKU in the summer of COVID-19 at 193 pounds, is up to 220 on his 5-11 frame, looking more like a running back than your typical receiver. He’s hit 23 MPH on the GPS and clocked a 4.43 40-yard dash. His 4.08 shuttle time and 355-pound bench also are excellent."
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-19-2024, 08:03 PM   #992
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I agree. Toney and MVS are gone. Patrick was so ****ing frustrated with both of this year that I think the ship has already sailed for both. I think Moore will have to fight for a roster spot, and could easily lose out, because there are already 3 slot guys in camp next year in Shi Smith, Anthony Miller, and Nikko Remigio and there will no doubt be a few more.
I could see MVS being gone bc of his contract but look at Andy’s history. The rest of these guys probably stay because they are young and cheap. I’m not saying I agree at all. I’m just trying to predict what happens.
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-20-2024, 06:52 AM   #993
MVP

Quote:
Burton has been pretty universally rated in the late 90s to around 115.

Javon Baker is the only other one I've seen fluctuate quite a bit.
Javon got some run on Mel Kipers pod cast a few days ago and seems to be climbing in some spots now.

I just went and watched a few highlights before my meeting this morning. The catch radius is better than I remember, and his qb put him in contested catch situations more than he should, and he was surprisingly good at bringing them in. But thats just a quick highlight reel.

Last edited by Dunerdr; 02-20-2024 at 06:59 AM..
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:03 AM   #994
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Burton has been pretty universally rated in the late 90s to around 115.

Javon Baker is the only other one I've seen fluctuate quite a bit.
Is that based on talent or on character concerns, though?

Burton is apparently a shit-disturbing troll who likes to taunt opponents after the game.

He clocked a female Tennessee fan who ran on the field after they beat the Tide last year, and he taunted the Georgia student section after Alabama beat them in the SEC championship game, among other things.

Looks like he's maybe an immature hothead who likes to let opponents know when he cooks them. Maybe even the type of guy who would make a certain hand motion if a ref blew a call, or that would keep antagonizing Kyle Van Noy until he popped and got a personal foul.

I really like the idea of taking a Round 3 or 4 stab on Burton as a double-up at WR if he's there. I think it's an opportunity to take a calculated risk to get a player who far outplays his draft slot.

He's quick, he runs good routes, he tracks the ball well down the field, he can make contested catches, and he's got good deep speed. I see a lot of Stafon Diggs in him.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:08 AM   #995
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbubb View Post
Tell us what you like about him first? He’s not a pure speed deep threat. He’s not huge target. He’s built like a rb. Looks a little like skyy moore physically. And he played at a small school with limited competition. Average depth of route run looks pretty short. I don’t know anything about him other than just reading the limited info on him and haven’t watched any tape but those are question marks with just looking at the numbers. I like that’s he’s been clocked at 23 mph on the gps. And I like the bench press. It just shows he’s a worker to me.

Elite athletic skills -- Made Bruce Feldman's 'Freaks List' at number 81. He wrote: "Corley, who arrived at WKU in the summer of COVID-19 at 193 pounds, is up to 220 on his 5-11 frame, looking more like a running back than your typical receiver. He’s hit 23 MPH on the GPS and clocked a 4.43 40-yard dash. His 4.08 shuttle time and 355-pound bench also are excellent."
Not in the first round. No way.

But in the 2nd? Sure.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 01:12 PM   #996
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Not in the first round. No way.

But in the 2nd? Sure.
I meant, why do you like him. Tell me what you like first. Not that he’s a first round prospect. He’s probably a third or 4th round prospect because of his height, speed and depth of route? I don’t like short guys unless they are low 4.3 guys. Not many short guys are very good, pretty rare.
Old 02-20-2024, 01:15 PM   #997
Veteran

How fast is Burton? Ive seen sites say he’s a 4.43 guy and one that said 4.31. That’s a huge difference. But I agree 100% with your analysis, especially in the 4th. That’s a no brainer, talent wise. He’s got a better resume than sky more when we drafted him in the 2nd? The combine is gonna be interesting this year because these guys can run and some of them are huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

Burton is apparently a shit-disturbing troll who likes to taunt opponents after the game.

He clocked a female Tennessee fan who ran on the field after they beat the Tide last year, and he taunted the Georgia student section after Alabama beat them in the SEC championship game, among other things.

Looks like he's maybe an immature hothead who likes to let opponents know when he cooks them. Maybe even the type of guy who would make a certain hand motion if a ref blew a call, or that would keep antagonizing Kyle Van Noy until he popped and got a personal foul.

I really like the idea of taking a Round 3 or 4 stab on Burton as a double-up at WR if he's there. I think it's an opportunity to take a calculated risk to get a player who far outplays his draft slot.

He's quick, he runs good routes, he tracks the ball well down the field, he can make contested catches, and he's got good deep speed. I see a lot of Stafon Diggs in him.
Old 02-20-2024, 01:24 PM   #998
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I meant, why do you like him. Tell me what you like first. Not that he’s a first round prospect. He’s probably a third or 4th round prospect because of his height, speed and depth of route? I don’t like short guys unless they are low 4.3 guys. Not many short guys are very good, pretty rare.
I like his physicality. I don't think you have to be a burner to play in the league at a high level.

He seems very Deebo Samuel light to me.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 02:36 PM   #999
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
How fast is Burton? Ive seen sites say he’s a 4.43 guy and one that said 4.31. That’s a huge difference. But I agree 100% with your analysis, especially in the 4th. That’s a no brainer, talent wise. He’s got a better resume than sky more when we drafted him in the 2nd? The combine is gonna be interesting this year because these guys can run and some of them are huge.
I'm interested to see what he runs, for sure. I'd guess he's more a low 4.4 guy.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 05:47 PM   #1000
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

I think, to a large degree, its character related. He's probably a 2nd round talent but no way a team is taking him that early. In a class this deep, there aren't many reasons for teams to take an early shot on what could be a head case. I think he goes in the 4th myself. Some think the 5th some think the 3rd but usually character on a day 2 talent slides them to early day 3.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-20-2024, 06:44 PM   #1001
MVP

Quote:
I think, to a large degree, its character related. He's probably a 2nd round talent but no way a team is taking him that early. In a class this deep, there aren't many reasons for teams to take an early shot on what could be a head case. I think he goes in the 4th myself. Some think the 5th some think the 3rd but usually character on a day 2 talent slides them to early day 3.
Sucks to hear that, his WR game is fairly mature.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-20-2024, 06:49 PM   #1002
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Sucks to hear that, his WR game is fairly mature.
Honestly, it should have been better. He has a skill set that should have made him an easy 75/1200 guy at Alabama and he simply wasn't. He was a deep-shot guy by and large. I don't dislike him really, I'm just saying how I see it. I'd have taken a shot in the late 2nd if it weren't for the rest. Maybe I still would if I were comfortable with the rest (I don't get to interview him so there's that). Just gotta see where his head is at and how coachable he is, but punking on the opposing DB time and again doesn't sit especially well with me either and it's not like he was the best player on the field most of the time.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-20-2024, 07:16 PM   #1003
MVP

Quote:
Honestly, it should have been better. He has a skill set that should have made him an easy 75/1200 guy at Alabama and he simply wasn't. He was a deep-shot guy by and large. I don't dislike him really, I'm just saying how I see it. I'd have taken a shot in the late 2nd if it weren't for the rest. Maybe I still would if I were comfortable with the rest (I don't get to interview him so there's that). Just gotta see where his head is at and how coachable he is, but punking on the opposing DB time and again doesn't sit especially well with me either and it's not like he was the best player on the field most of the time.
0 drops, he's got that going for him.
Old 02-21-2024, 02:18 AM   #1004
Veteran

On the Burton question has anyone heard many interviews with some of these prospects. I've been thinking about the probable Moore bust and the definite Rice hit and what the difference is between them. On the physical side I thought Moore's 10 and 20 splits indicated a guy who could get open early and often (which he did), he had similar times to Rice but with more top end speed. But looking at their RAS scores I really should have taken more notice of the agility and explosiveness traits. Maybe the size too.

On the mental side Rice just seems...smarter. I mean I'd still probably take an elite traits/dummy over a poor traits/genius but with this many guys PROBABLY showing high physical attributes? I kinda want to eliminate the morons (happy with the psychos like Burton).
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-21-2024, 09:07 AM   #1005
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachashi View Post
I watch Corley's tape and I see a lot of poor tackling (bad competition). "YAC King" is a cool moniker though.
"Skyy Moore led the NCAA in broken tackles..."

Fellas, we've DONE this before. Let's not go through it again.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.