Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-14-2024, 01:53 PM  
Live free or die hard

Shooting at the parade

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-16-2024 at 02:59 PM..
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 12:31 AM   #976
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryaldini View Post
I don't live in KC anymore and don't know the area, but isn't this perception alone going to be a challenge for the families that are the primary attendees at the K for the new stadium site?
The stadium will be generally safe during games with extra security/police, but the planned entertainment area around the new stadium will be another crime infested mess like the Plaza and Power & Light.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 12:32 AM   #977
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
The stadium will be generally safe during games with extra security/police, but the planned entertainment area around the new stadium will be another crime infested mess like the Plaza and Power & Light.
Power & Light is really safe and pretty much crime free.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 12:34 AM   #978
Veteran

Question from someone who doesn't know much/anything about the justice system in KC:

Assuming the main shooter is found guilty at their trial, how likely is it that they will receive a death sentence?

It really shouldn't matter to me but I feel quite strongly that this person deserves to die.
Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 12:36 AM   #979
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
Question from someone who doesn't know much/anything about the justice system in KC:

Assuming the main shooter is found guilty at their trial, how likely is it that they will receive a death sentence?

It really shouldn't matter to me but I feel quite strongly that this person deserves to die.
Highly doubt it.

Will probably be a long prison term though. Still have to wait for more details, not sure about the age of perpetrators, but this is now a high profile case
Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-15-2024, 12:36 AM   #980
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
Is anyone really surprised by this? The predominantly black neighborhoods east of downtown are shooting galleries and everyone knows it from the mayor to KCPD. It's a drug and cock measuring area where education and civility don't exist. Dumb people do dumb things. Unfortunately, this nonsense spilled over to today's celebration.

My hope is that Mayor Q and law enforcement grow a pair and finally start dealing with these cockroaches.
The day before we went to the Bears game, my buddy and I went downtown to visit the WWI Memorial. I was born in Kansas City, but haven't lived there since I was a baby 58 years ago. I have zero familiarity with the area outside of parts of Lees Summit and Arrowhead. Anyway, I stopped for gas at a station downtown right off I-70 and was amazed by how awful the neighborhood was. I was glad it was broad daylight. And that I was armed.

The museum was awesome, though.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 12:39 AM   #981
MVP

Quote:
Ok the last time I was in KC I was shocked what had become of the Plaza. I worked at the Alameda hotel down there in the 80s. Curious about Westport at night now?
jerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-15-2024, 12:39 AM   #982
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
The day before we went to the Bears game, my buddy and I went downtown to visit the WWI Memorial. I was born in Kansas City, but haven't lived there since I was a baby 58 years ago. I have zero familiarity with the area outside of parts of Lees Summit and Arrowhead. Anyway, I stopped for gas at a station downtown right off I-70 and was amazed by how awful the neighborhood was. I was glad it was broad daylight. And that I was armed.

The museum was awesome, though.
Its like every big city nowadays. Some nice, typically gentrified, areas and then a lot of crumbling infrastructure infested with poverty and violence.

I actually think KC has done a decent enough job compared to many other cities.

Driving through St. Louis on I-70 north of the Arch looks like bombed out Afghanistan. It’s insane.

KC looks like the Emerald City in comparison.
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-15-2024, 12:40 AM   #983
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Extra security/police? There were 900+ downtown today.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 01:03 AM   #984
Super Grover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
No it’s not. Lol

https://amp.kansascity.com/news/loca...e23309751.html
KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-15-2024, 01:03 AM   #985
Super Grover

Quote:
https://amp.kansascity.com/news/loca...263155928.html
KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.KingPriest2 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-15-2024, 01:04 AM   #986
Super Grover

Quote:
https://fox4kc.com/news/police-ident...-district/amp/
Old 02-15-2024, 03:03 AM   #987
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by philfree View Post
Glad you and your family made it out safely. Rasputin was hard to kill if my memory serves me.

Yeah my PTSD kinda hit me though but I had to focus on getting all of us out of there alive!

Im so thankful today for life and especially family and friends like I have here.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 14 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 03:24 AM   #988
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Now nobody in my family wants to go back to Kansas City and that makes me sad. I feel like it's my second home when I come to visit. Damn you shooters to Hell.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 04:28 AM   #989
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-15-2024, 04:29 AM   #990
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Now nobody in my family wants to go back to Kansas City and that makes me sad. I feel like it's my second home when I come to visit. Damn you shooters to Hell.
Glad your family made it out OK, bud
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.