Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-29-2023, 08:39 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***

2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Last edited by BigRedChief; 03-30-2023 at 10:48 AM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2023, 09:34 PM   #976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Didn't we get Montgomery from them for Bader?
Yes, has worked out for both teams plus the Yankees figure they can fleece Mo easily, probably not wrong about that.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2023, 07:55 PM   #977

From Katie Woo and Jeff Passan so should be solid info

With the trade deadline quickly approaching, we got some new info today

The #STLCards* plan to hold onto Tyler O’Neill at the deadline, per Katie Woo

On the other hand, St. Louis is telling teams they plan to move Jordan Montgomery, Jack Flaherty, Paul DeJong, and perhaps Jordan Hicks, according to Jeff Passan
Old 07-25-2023, 08:01 PM   #978
Consuming CP souls

No one wants O Neill anyway
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-25-2023, 08:07 PM   #979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother View Post
No one wants O Neill anyway
I agree, probably can’t even get a lottery pick for him. But what good is he? Isn’t this his last year? They plan on resigning him?
Old 07-26-2023, 11:45 AM   #980

Trade DeJong for a bag of sunflower seeds and get this guy up here

Old 07-26-2023, 12:15 PM   #981
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I agree, probably can’t even get a lottery pick for him. But what good is he? Isn’t this his last year? They plan on resigning him?
Another year of arb eligibility.

For everything he isn't offensively, he's an ELITE defensive LFer. I mean very probably the best in baseball out there. And it's noticeable.

I don't know how anyone can watch Walker stumble-**** his way through RF and seemingly cost us a game every week by not making routine catches and then say O'Neill has NO value. He does - when he's available.

I don't mind holding him. His value is low but it doesn't have to be. If he can stay on the field and play good ball for the next 2 months, he can get a decent return in the off-season.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2023, 12:18 PM   #982

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Trade DeJong for a bag of sunflower seeds and get this guy up here

My position on guys in the minors is that they have to force the issue. It was with Carlson and Gorman, was with Walker (who I didn't think DID) and is with Winn.

Winn's forced the issue and has earned a chance, IMO. The defense is easily big league caliber and if he can continue to get his hands around on inside pitches to keep pitchers from just busting him up inside, he can be a solid hitter as well. Just that little extra pull power is really important for a guy like him because it will help keep pitchers middle/away and allow him to slap/run or spray liners to maximize his speed. Otherwise they'll just saw him off.

I'm not 100% sure he's ready - but I believe he's earned the look.

Paul DeJong sure as shit hasn't done anything to own the job.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-26-2023, 12:49 PM   #983
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
My position on guys in the minors is that they have to force the issue. It was with Carlson and Gorman, was with Walker (who I didn't think DID) and is with Winn.

Winn's forced the issue and has earned a chance, IMO. The defense is easily big league caliber and if he can continue to get his hands around on inside pitches to keep pitchers from just busting him up inside, he can be a solid hitter as well. Just that little extra pull power is really important for a guy like him because it will help keep pitchers middle/away and allow him to slap/run or spray liners to maximize his speed. Otherwise they'll just saw him off.

I'm not 100% sure he's ready - but I believe he's earned the look.

Paul DeJong sure as shit hasn't done anything to own the job.
I don't believe he is ready, but he is more ready than Walker was.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-26-2023, 12:58 PM   #984

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
I don't love his timing mechanism; nastier stuff will eat that up. Wish he was quite a bit quieter there because I feel like that will be prone to slumps.

And his swing is still a little loopy, but not bad. His hands are awfully quick so that'll help.

Bottom line is that I don't expect him to set the world on fire offensively, but I think he'll be playable while being an enormous asset defensively.
Old 07-26-2023, 01:33 PM   #985
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I don't love his timing mechanism; nastier stuff will eat that up. Wish he was quite a bit quieter there because I feel like that will be prone to slumps.

And his swing is still a little loopy, but not bad. His hands are awfully quick so that'll help.

Bottom line is that I don't expect him to set the world on fire offensively, but I think he'll be playable while being an enormous asset defensively.
Either way it's a pretty significant upgrade over DeJong.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 06:10 PM   #986

Quote:
Either way it's a pretty significant upgrade over DeJong.
Old 07-26-2023, 06:16 PM   #987
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Walker's bat was ready (despite the Cardinals bitching about him and attempting to ruin his confidence). His defense for OF wasn't.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-26-2023, 09:02 PM   #988
Now you've pissed me off!

If they aren't willing to burn it down, why not see if you can get the Mets to part with Scherzer for next year? He's not what he was, but he's a legitimate playoff starter.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2023, 05:57 PM   #989
The Insider

Damn some drama in the first inning. Mikolas gets tossed for hitting Happ for defending Conteras getting knocked out of the game by a bat.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2023, 05:57 PM   #990
Cheat Death

BS call there

Players settled it and then the umps stepped in
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.