Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:03 AM   #9796
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Washington State seems to have leveled off.
Not really:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_c...hington_(state)

Scroll down to the graph on the right. Still about 12% growth per day.

Some good news is that California only added 47 new cases yesterday. That's pretty incredible. Again, probably an outlier, but fingers crossed.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:06 AM   #9797
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Not really:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_c...hington_(state)

Scroll down to the graph on the right. Still about 12% growth per day.

Some good news is that California only added 47 new cases yesterday. That's pretty incredible. Again, probably an outlier, but fingers crossed.
I'm hoping that its a combination of the Virus not spreading, and or the "Herd" being more naturally immune than we thought.

Alot of stories of people no exhibiting any symptoms makes me thinks that maybe a certain percentage of the population bodies immune systems can fight it by themselves.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:09 AM   #9798
I love your mom

Quote:
Yes:

Health officials in New York City and Los Angeles County are signaling a change in local strategy when it comes to coronavirus testing, recommending that doctors avoid testing patients except in cases where a test result would significantly change the course of treatment.

A news release from the Los Angeles Department of Public Health this week advised doctors not to test those experiencing only mild respiratory symptoms unless “a diagnostic result will change clinical management or inform public health response.”

The recommendation reflects a "shifting from a strategy of case containment to slowing disease transmission and averting excess morbidity and mortality," according to the statement.

At the same time, NY is now testing at a higher rate per capita than ROK, apparently.
If they are only testing people that need it and they are testing that much that can't be good.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:11 AM   #9799
In Search of a Life

Quote:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I'm wary of this site after yesterday, but we did have 9,000 new cases yesterday nationally.
Same here. I'm waiting for the NY Health site I posted to be updated. They were accurate yesterday. Listed as the source on this site: https://covidtracking.com/data/state/new-york/
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:11 AM   #9800
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
I'm hoping that its a combination of the Virus not spreading, and or the "Herd" being more naturally immune than we thought.

Alot of stories of people no exhibiting any symptoms makes me thinks that maybe a certain percentage of the population bodies immune systems can fight it by themselves.
While this is a "novel" virus, which means we've never seen SARS-CoV-2 before, coronoaviruses in general are not novel at all. Some common colds are caused by coronaviruses, which I didn't know until a few weeks ago. It's typically caused by a rhinovirus, however.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:17 AM   #9801
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
While this is a "novel" virus, which means we've never seen SARS-CoV-2 before, coronoaviruses in general are not novel at all. Some common colds are caused by coronaviruses, which I didn't know until a few weeks ago. It's typically caused by a rhinovirus, however.
Yeah which gives me hope,

That being said, we could have had all this information already had China not been well.... China
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:18 AM   #9802
Sexiest Athlete

John Hopkins has updated their map so that you can see where the actual cases are in the US. One interesting note, just at first glance, is that the I-35 and I-25 corridors seem to be acting somewhat as a firewall for Mid-America....in between those two corridors, relatively speaking, you have much fewer cases than in other parts of the nation. Granted, those regions are relatively sparsely populated overall, but west of I-25 and east of I-35, you still see pretty prevalent outbreaks even in rural areas of other states.
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:28 AM   #9803
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
John Hopkins has updated their map so that you can see where the actual cases are in the US. One interesting note, just at first glance, is that the I-35 and I-25 corridors seem to be acting somewhat as a firewall for Mid-America....in between those two corridors, relatively speaking, you have much fewer cases than in other parts of the nation. Granted, those regions are relatively sparsely populated overall, but west of I-25 and east of I-35, you still see pretty prevalent outbreaks even in rural areas of other states.
Got a link?
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:29 AM   #9804
Kind of a mod

Quote:
I think you underestimate the difference between "U.S. rural" and "western Kansas rural."
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:30 AM   #9805
Has a particular set of skills

Dr. Fauci interview with Science magazine

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...facts-pandemic
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:35 AM   #9806
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:36 AM   #9807
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I think you underestimate the difference between "U.S. rural" and "western Kansas rural."

Central Nevada rural lols at all of you.

There's man it's nice to get away from people. And then there's ok this is getting kinda spooky, what if my car breaks down?
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:37 AM   #9808
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
No. I get western Kansas rural. And it isn't just western KS; take a look at Amarillo, Lubbock, Odessa, Topeka, Souix Falls. So far, all relatively, if not completely unscathed (knock on wood), and each with a population between 100-250K....
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:38 AM   #9809
Supporter

Quote:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I'm wary of this site after yesterday, but we did have 9,000 new cases yesterday nationally.
Try this one... https://www.bing.com/covid?ref=share
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:13 AM   #9810
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post

One of the benefits of the US is we have a huge mixture of genetics and we travel/intermix constantly. As a whole our immune systems are the Dream Team of the world virus olympics.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.