Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-14-2020, 11:51 AM  
In Search of a Life

Veach is the best GM in the NFL

I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2021, 11:45 AM   #901
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I think the smart money is paying Brown Jr quickly. Just get it done. He’s proven to be a solid LT who can only get better
Considering Brown has said his pass blocking is different and ****ed up Patrick's natural instincts to improvise. I adamantly disagree
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2021, 11:55 AM   #902
MVP

Lol, we kinda did forget this earlier in the season.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 12-20-2021, 11:59 AM   #903
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Considering Brown has said his pass blocking is different and ****ed up Patrick's natural instincts to improvise. I adamantly disagree
Yeah, but PM has already adapted to it a bit. Now when he's looking to get out of the pocket, he's looking to get under the Ts instead of up and around them.

He recognizes that the diminished lateral agility of his Ts is leading to more teams trying to get to the back of his drop instead of win inside or with power. So he's adjusting and letting their momentum take them out of his way.

Pat will be fine if LBJr just gets a little more consistent. And I think that can happen.

Again - the dude's just not going to be Trent Williams - but he's no worse than average at LT. Gotta think real hard before you walk away from that.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 12:14 PM   #904
Supporter

When we win the super bowl every player that’s up on their contract is going to want elite money.

It’s just the way it works.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2021, 12:18 PM   #905

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
When we win the super bowl every player that’s up on their contract is going to want elite money.

It’s just the way it works.
Then you tag him. It's really a pretty easy discussion, IMO.

I'm not asking him to get scalped, but I figure if he insists on being paid as a top 3 LT when he just isn't that caliber of player, find a new way forward.

Tag him, draft a developmental guy, see if Niang or the developmental guy can become the LTOTF and move on after next season.

Hell, a year removed from the injury, Eric Fisher wouldn't be out of the question. He's playing better of late and looking more and more like the guy he was in KC. By next year maybe he's a viable stop-gap if you can't get something down with Brown.

I just don't see a need to panic here either way from Veach.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 12:25 PM   #906
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I can go either way.

If he wants $22+ million/yr - tag him.

But if he's willing to sign this off-season to a deal that puts him in the Garret Bolles, Kolten Miller, Ronnie Stanley range of somewhere between $17-19 million/yr for the next 4-5 years, I'd take him up on that.

The continuity it would afford on the OL would just be immense. You have realistically 3 more years with this line essentially completely intact. And with 3 guys at C/RG/RT making essentially nothing, you can afford to carry two more expensive guys at LT/LG. By the time those 3 young guys need new contracts, you'll probably need to move on from Brown, Thuney or both.

But that's a looooong way down the road and in the meantime Mahomes can get awfully comfortable with his new set of linemen.
Agreed. Brown is getting better game by game. He's worth a Ronnie Stanley deal for sure.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 12:27 PM   #907

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Agreed. Brown is getting better game by game. He's worth a Ronnie Stanley deal for sure.
Oh I'd take Stanley 100 times out of 100 over Brown. I don't think he's 'worth' that kind of money. Because what Stanley is good at is more critical for us than what Brown is good at. Stanley is essentially a better version of Fisher. Brown is essentially a gigantic guard playing T; a better version of Jeff Allen.

But it's what the market will bear for him and we need a LT. So you just hold your nose if that's the kind of deal it takes.
Old 12-20-2021, 12:58 PM   #908
Veteran

It is all about the money for Brown...which it should be to a degree. Why do you think he didn't want to play RT? His Dad's dreams?

Same thing with Chris Jones. Why did he want to play DE?
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-20-2021, 01:04 PM   #909
MVP

I could go either way on Brown.

If they want to tag and trade, I'd be down for that too.

Bring back Fish and groom a replacement? Sure I can get behind that. Fish and a late #1 or early #2 for Brown which we draft a LTOTF and red-shirt him a year.

Either way, we have options, which is nice.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2021, 01:26 PM   #910
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Then you tag him. It's really a pretty easy discussion, IMO.

I'm not asking him to get scalped, but I figure if he insists on being paid as a top 3 LT when he just isn't that caliber of player, find a new way forward.

Tag him, draft a developmental guy, see if Niang or the developmental guy can become the LTOTF and move on after next season.

Hell, a year removed from the injury, Eric Fisher wouldn't be out of the question. He's playing better of late and looking more and more like the guy he was in KC. By next year maybe he's a viable stop-gap if you can't get something down with Brown.

I just don't see a need to panic here either way from Veach.
This is what I think as well. Niang may be just as good at LT as Brown is. If the coaching staff think that he can step in, and bring back Fisher for competition, I would rather do that. Remmers is fine for RT. And RT are usually available later than LT in the draft. Just draft a RT and let Brown walk. We likely get a 3rd round comp pick for him.
jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2021, 02:46 PM   #911
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
If we let Brown walk and couldn't grab Fisher or somebody else as a stopgap, I'd rather re-sign Remmers and roll with Niang at LT than spend another 1st round pick in trading for an expensive veteran. Drafting a guy? I mean, if Veach/Reid think he's good, then sure. But we can't lose the 1st rounder AND spend the money.
Niang has a looong way to go to even prove he's a good and dependable RT, let alone a LT... I'd be scared to DEATH rolling with him on 15's blindside next season
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 02:48 PM   #912
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Niang has a looong way to go to even prove he's a good and dependable RT, let alone a LT... I'd be scared to DEATH rolling with him on 15's blindside next season
No shit. He was pretty freaking bad to start the season - worse at RT than Brown was at LT.

Niang needs to stay healthy and work. Moving him to LT would be a no no.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-20-2021, 02:53 PM   #913
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I think the smart money is paying Brown Jr quickly. Just get it done. He’s proven to be a solid LT who can only get better. That is REALLY hard to find and will cost us valuable assets to move up in the first round to attain. You’re looking at spending a ton of money or giving up enough draft capitol to move up 10 spots at the very least. That’s also dependent on draft position.

I would try this if I were Veach.

-Cut Clark and Hitchens
-Pay Brown Jr. low first year cap hit in ‘22
-Pay Ward. Low first year cap hit in ‘22
-Extend Tyreek. Lower his cap hit to free up money.
-Franchise tag Mathieu. It’s only $10.6 million for a safety. That’s relatively cheap.
-Bring Ingram back
-Look for a decent #2 WR

JMO
That looks like a solid plan
Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 12-20-2021, 04:30 PM   #914
MVP

Quote:

Yeah no thanks.
**** that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 04:33 PM   #915

Quote:
Oh I agree - you definitely don't do it next season.

If you can't get Brown on a reasonable LTC, you tag him and he's still your LT next year while you look for Niang to improve or a find a viable developmental replacement in the draft.

Next season Brown has to be your LT unless shit really goes south after you tag him. In which case you bring Fisher back.

But you can't just plug Niang in at LT in 2022 and hope for the best. That'll go pretty poorly.