Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2023, 11:22 AM   #886
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
I don't think we're in any position to pay a high end WR1 in FA, and we need our picks in the 1st to spend on OL and DL.

Seems to me the best we could do would be a an aging vet like Mike Evans, a WR1 on a reasonable contract, that we might be able to pick up for a 3rd.

Bringing in a quality vet that wants to win a ring and mix him in with our young core could be a great way to elevate the young guys moving forward.
I think we have to, and probably should, roll with what we've got. I see little choice. If Jones is gone next year who knows. Maybe there's another Toney-type reclamation trade. But I'd assume we see what we have this year with this group. LT R1 then another R2 WR I imagine
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-14-2023, 12:14 PM   #887
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
This week, honestly, I expect a 50% better performance. I expect fewer drops (and no pick 6's), I expect a little tighter route running, and I expect a little more precision in timing.

I really think last week was a perfect storm of :

Kelce's out! I gotta pick up the slack!

and instead of just running the routes and catching the ball in the flow of the game, several guys just trying to do too much.
Hope so. This WR group is not good. Having Kelce back is the best thing for them.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 09-14-2023, 12:24 PM   #888
In Search of a Life

They're young.

We don't know if they're good or not yet.

Everyone bitches at me when I wanna trade and pay guys because "we need to draft and develop" then we try that and everyone bitches.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 12:26 PM   #889
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
Hope so. This WR group is not good. Having Kelce back is the best thing for them.

Yeah. The WR room is just not good enough to carry the load without Travis.

In other news, somehow Travis' absence also had a big impact on the running game. Without Pat's 6 scrambles, KC ran for just 45 yards on 17 attempts. 2.6 yds/att. against what was supposed to be one of the worst run defenses in the NFL.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2023, 12:28 PM   #890
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
They're young.

We don't know if they're good or not yet.

Everyone bitches at me when I wanna trade and pay guys because "we need to draft and develop" then we try that and everyone bitches.
Everyone bitches no matter what. It's just the nature of CP. We had people bitching after the superbowl because Juju posted some dumb shit on twitter. Who gives a ****?
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 12:33 PM   #891
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post

In other news, somehow Travis' absence also had a big impact on the running game. Without Pat's 6 scrambles, KC ran for just 45 yards on 17 attempts. 2.6 yds/att. against what was supposed to be one of the worst run defenses in the NFL.
This is what absolutely astounds me with this OL. This should generally be one of the better interior OL groups in the NFL. We probably downgraded in run blocking from OBJ to Smith, not sure about Taylor vs. Wylie. Thuney isn't really a mauler, but Creed and Trey both should have the size and strength to pave the way for RBs. Also considering we have Mahomes and teams probably are much more concerned with the pass game I simply do not understand how the run game can be so anemic at times, particularly in short yardage. Is it the scheme? The playcalls? It doesn't add up.

Hypothetically let's say we throw a Jacobs or Taylor level talent in at RB, someone who is elite. How different does that look vs. having guys at RB who are mostly average at best? I'm not saying we should do that, for the record, just curious how it would impact the offense.
OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 12:47 PM   #892
MVP

Can't wait for our guys to ball out this week so everyone can relax.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-14-2023, 01:05 PM   #893
Veteran

Quote:

Also a combination of our tackles not being great at run blocking and still working things out, and probably some improvement in the Lions run D
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-14-2023, 01:31 PM   #894
MVP

JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2023, 01:58 PM   #895
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 View Post
Can't wait for our guys to ball out this week so everyone can relax.
That would be awesome.

But if our WR guys are only competent because Travis is getting double teamed, that isn't completely reassuring...
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-14-2023, 06:12 PM   #896
MVP

Quote:

Not right out of the gate, no.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2023, 06:16 PM   #897
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Not right out of the gate, no.

Well, yeah. I don't think they're going to be this clunky for the entire season. They're going to get better; I've been 100% consistent about that.

I only have questions about how long that takes, and what it'll look like.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2023, 06:34 PM   #898
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Well, yeah. I don't think they're going to be this clunky for the entire season. They're going to get better; I've been 100% consistent about that.

I only have questions about how long that takes, and what it'll look like.
They will get better up until Toney goes on IR.

I hope Rice is ready by then.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-14-2023, 06:55 PM   #899
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
They will get better up until Toney goes on IR.

I hope Rice is ready by then.
Rice was the most ready one last Thursday.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-14-2023, 07:38 PM   #900
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
This week, honestly, I expect a 50% better performance. I expect fewer drops (and no pick 6's), I expect a little tighter route running, and I expect a little more precision in timing.

I really think last week was a perfect storm of :

Kelce's out! I gotta pick up the slack!

and instead of just running the routes and catching the ball in the flow of the game, several guys just trying to do too much.
When we lost Kelce, that also allowed the Detroit defense to get better matchups. The film study the WRs did during the lead up to the game were quite possibly preparing for much different matchups with defenses not having to account in personnel and scheme to limit Kelce.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.