Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-05-2022, 02:03 PM  
In Search of a Life

Trade up options

Credit to Pest in the lounge.

Would you give up next years 1 and 29 to get up high enough to take Johnson?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2022, 11:41 AM   #76
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
He has elite strength at the point of attack, that's his most elite trait. He's not going backward. He's going to, for the most part, shut down the run game to his side and he's fairly adept at getting to the QB. I've kind of analyzed this already in another thread though. No, you're not getting Bosa in the 11-15 range. Bosa was the #3 overall pick. That's Aidan Hutchinson in this draft. You want those guys you gotta suck ass.

There's about 20 WRs that are a homerun threat on any play in this draft. What makes Williams so special in that regard? Surely there's a lot more to his game than that one item? That's where I am with Johnson, he's pretty good at everything and just getting started (much like Williams last year was his first as a starter and the dude put up 70 tackles, 18 tfl, and 12 sacks).
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2022, 11:42 AM   #77
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Who would you trade up for? I mean damn Johnson is going too 10 and Karlaftis is being mocked in mid teens. Who else is there unless it’s a WR?
Nobody.

There's not enough separation amongst the top 6-8 WR's to justify the cost.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 11:48 AM   #78
Most Valuable Villain

If your starting line is Nick Bosa for DEs….then you’re never going to be satisfied. We aren’t ever coming close to a top 3 pick.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 11:48 AM   #79
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Nobody.

There's not enough separation amongst the top 6-8 WR's to justify the cost.
I think they need to just sit back and stick to their board until pick 20 comes up. Then if a Karlaftis or Williams or Burke is there you can discuss a package which includes our extra 3rd and 4th rd picks.

Nothing more
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2022, 11:51 AM   #80
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I think they need to just sit back and stick to their board until pick 20 comes up. Then if a Karlaftis or Williams or Burke is there you can discuss a package which includes our extra 3rd and 4th rd picks.

Nothing more
Old 04-08-2022, 11:54 AM   #81
Most Valuable Villain

And for all the talk about how none of these DEs are a Bosa or Garrett….guess what? None of these WRs are a Chase either.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2022, 11:55 AM   #82
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
And for all the talk about how none of these DEs are a Bosa or Garrett….guess what? None of these WRs are a Chase either.
Yep.
Old 04-08-2022, 12:00 PM   #83
Most Valuable Villain

****ers are making me actively route for Jameson Williams to be a bust in the NFL.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 09:42 AM   #84
MVP

I really don't want to trade up for anyone.

Look, any given year, there's like...a relative draft position rating. Right? Like the year we picked first, Eric Fisher was the highest rated player.

Not a good draft. But we took the most sensible pick.

This IS a good draft, it's a DEEP draft, but it's not really a TOP TALENT draft.

I don't like a lot of these top 15 consensus type guys much more than a lot of the second round grade guys. There are questions, and issues with nearly ALL of them. That doesn't mean they're going to suck, it just means that relatively speaking, there's not much difference in THIS draft between your first round rated guys and your second round rated guys and sometimes into the third.

You can look at that as a bad thing, or as a good thing. I look at it as a good thing.

Jameson Williams is NOT Chase. He MIGHT have been that level of a prospect, but as things stand right now, he's not. Garrett and Olave are good prospects, sure, but I don't know that they're sure-fire #1 guys either.

I like Pickens, or Metchie just as much, and I think if there were not injury concerns with both, then they'd all be bunched right together. They're all different, but similar talent projections.

Same thing with the DE's. Johnson is NOT heads and shoulders above, say, Sam Williams. Similar athletes, similar production, honestly. You want to give up multiple ones to go get Johnson when you could get Williams in the second? Karlaftis is a good prospect, high motor, low floor. Probably a safe bet to be a good player, but I don't see spectacular there. You want to move up to go get him when you can draft pretty much the same guy in Cam Thomas in the 2nd?

Look, if Veach, Andy, and Spags fall in love with a guy, I won't bitch if they go get him. But without knowing that level of scouting (and not a single one of us do) I wouldn't trade up for any single player in this draft considering the position we are at with our roster, and the relative depth of second tier but high upside talent at the key positions for us.

I just wouldn't.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2022, 09:46 AM   #85
SuperBowl or bust

All the talk about mocks and trading up is a fun exercise to pass the time 3 weeks prior to the draft, but once the lights turn on and picks start getting made I think there are going to be 3-4 guys NOBODY expects to be there still on the board when we pick. It happens every year and is exactly why having both 29 and 30 is a HUGE advantage. If Veach shows patience, that patience will be rewarded greatly.

The guys that fall in this draft for injury/medical concerns, off field concerns or just have a red flag for underdevelopment will fall right into our lap where we can pick them and develop them with our elite coaching staff, trainers and locker room…or trade back a bit and add additional picks in the mid rounds of a very rare opportunity type of draft.

For all the perception of this draft not having a lot of blue chip talent, the likelihood of trading up is low, imo…unless a guy they feel can be elite drops to the mid 20s and we can go up with minimal cost to go get him.

The best part is Veach has earned our trust in this process So I’m prepared to be overly excited after the draft.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2022, 09:54 AM   #86
MVP

This is very much a high floor-medium ceiling type draft. There will always be superstars that no one expected (Kelce in 2013 for example) but for the most part here the talent pool is deep but doesn't have the expected superstars lots of very good players that should have long careers but no sure fire HoFs that can be seen.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-09-2022, 10:24 AM   #87
MVP

I guess I'm really on the other side of the fence when I hear people say this draft has so much talent and is so deep in the middle. I really don't think it is any deeper or more talented than any other draft. It's kind of reminiscent to the 2016 draft for me.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-09-2022, 12:07 PM   #88
offense > defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I guess I'm really on the other side of the fence when I hear people say this draft has so much talent and is so deep in the middle. I really don't think it is any deeper or more talented than any other draft. It's kind of reminiscent to the 2016 draft for me.
The 7th-8th WR and 5th-6th DE are better than the vast majority of other classes.

That in turn helps to push other players down the board as well.
CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-09-2022, 12:35 PM   #89
Colorado Chief Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGA45 View Post
Try his Senior Bowl reps. That's where he made his money - https://youtu.be/UInHP3EG2F0
Good video, confirms much of what Crow has been saying. I felt like there are only two guys I would trade up for in this draft, Jermaine Johnson and Jameson Williams (sorry Franchise).

Watching this video I noticed another one, 6'4" 220lb. Safety, Kyle Hamilton!!

Holy shit! I had no idea he was that big and athletic. He could be a game wrecker too!! I may consider trading up for that guy too especially the way Spags can deploy his Safeties.

I know you guys are probably all over this guy but Im just now finding out about him. WOW
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-09-2022, 03:52 PM   #90
Veteran

In a mock on the Athletic, Nate Taylor moves up to pick 21 via giving the Patriots the 30th and the 94th. That kind of move I could get behind, but nothing more than that.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli