Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-05-2020, 12:00 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Bieniemy definitely gone after this year

Enjoy him while you can. Sirius radio made mention that 3 teams are already researching him.

Gonna guess that’s the Jets, Lions and Bengals.

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-05-2020, 01:54 PM   #76
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
Perhaps he's holding out for the ideal situation. I certainly wouldn't want to risk my reputation on some dumpster fire of a team with shitty ownership.
Exactly.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-05-2020, 01:56 PM   #77
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjayb View Post
I've been a little surprised by this reaction as well. EVERY talking head says it's a travesty he hasn't been hired as a head coach. I don't see it. He's the Offensive Coordinator under Andy Reid. Everyone on the planet knows Andy Reid is basically the offensive coordinator. I don't see being the offensive coordinator on an Andy Reid team as a big selling point. Unless you were a successful O.C. somewhere else too.

Now, if you were a first time defensive coordinator under Andy Reid and did a great job I could see that. Andy has nothing to do with the Defense.
Andy might be the OC in all but name, but I don't believe EB is just a parrot either. Somehow I think they're collaborating, both on the game-plan itself, but also in-game calls. In other words, EB may not be designing plays, but I think he's involved in the decision-making process of what is installed, which plays are scripted at the beginning of each half, and maybe even in-game situational calls. It would explain some calls, and why Andy's play-calling has had a different 'flavor' in recent years as some have suggested.

Just a couple examples:

It would explain the Chiefs running 7 straight running plays in the AFCCG against the Titans. Not a particularly Andy thing to do. But a former RB?

It would explain the Chiefs running two consecutive power runs to try and convert that mid-field 3rd- and 4th-downs against the Ravens. Again, just not a particularly Andy thing to do. Even if Andy decided to run for it twice in a row, he probably would've tried some spread formation back in the day, with some misdirection.

And there are other play-calls that struck me as "un-Andy-like," over the last two seasons, but I don't want to digress here.

Not saying I know any of this, just suggesting that there's some evidence that EB is more than an Andy puppet.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 01:57 PM   #78
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
Bunch of franchises with Aging QB's or Brand new ones vs. (Houston) a Franchise QB just entering his Prime.

Like I said, no brainer here.
Houston has no shot at being relevant for 3-5 years. They have NOTHING in the pipe and very little capital to address it.

If/when Watson inevitably shows statistical regression because Watson simply isn't as good as his hype and his weapons will continue to decline, EB will be blamed for it.

And BoB, for as bad a GM as he is, is actually a pretty decent coach. He's no worse than average. He managed to keep that team dangerous w/ absolute chaff at QB prior to Watson. It wasn't until he got involved in personnel that things fell to hell.

EB could easily be an inferior coach to O'Brien. And if so, the Texans could actually look worse with him running things, even if that's really just an after-shock of BoB's awful job as a GM.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-05-2020, 01:57 PM   #79
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
Not the Broncos...please...I just don't want to hate on the guy, which I will do if he becomes a Donkey...
I just don’t see any of Andy’s guys going to work for Failway.
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:12 PM   #80
Supporter

Early on, it seemed like Reid and Bienemy were a bit symbiotic, peas and carrots.

Reid had the crazy ideas and Bienemy metronomed them into operation. Kind of like you need a John Bonham to keep everything together so Jimmy Page can run wild, Bienemy mades sure that everyone knew their role and executed.

But over the years, there have been suggestions that he's taken a page or two from Reid and unearthed old tweaks and twists, like Rose Bowl Right.

When he does get his chance, of course a lot depends on talent pool, but there are few more well-rounded in terms of balancing discipline and creativity.

Whip Smart, to not only maximize his gifts but to recognize and work on his deficits, like Rocky chasing chickens left-handed.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:15 PM   #81
In Search of a Life

Was hoping he’d be more of a Riker than a Jellico but happy for him either way.
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:16 PM   #82
In Search of a Life

Also, I’d throw the Texans in there as a possibility.
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:19 PM   #83
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post
Also, I’d throw the Texans in there as a possibility.

Did you read the thread before you posted this?
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:21 PM   #84
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post

Did you read the thread before you posted this?
Man I dunno, did you hear Houston could be a possibility?
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:21 PM   #85
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post

EB's influence on Reid would explain the Chiefs running two consecutive power runs to try and convert that mid-field 3rd- and 4th-downs against the Ravens. Again, just not a particularly Andy thing to do. Even if Andy decided to run for it twice in a row, he probably would've tried some spread formation back in the day, with some misdirection.

That was a pretty epic failure though. I still say let Mahomes get on the edge and either run it or throw it. It's 4th down and he's the most clutch player on the team. Get him in space and let him make a play.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:38 PM   #86
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
That was a pretty epic failure though. I still say let Mahomes get on the edge and either run it or throw it. It's 4th down and he's the most clutch player on the team. Get him in space and let him make a play.
Sure it was. All I'm saying is that running twice from basically a power formation for a yard feels more like a guy that used to be a RB than it does the offensive play-designer genius. Andy, back in the day, would've faked the run somehow, and had Patrick throw to either 10 or Kelce or whatever. It would've been a deception play. So based on that sequence, and a few others I surmise that EB is somehow involved in the play-calling beyond just parroting whatever Andy says in his ear.

And let's not kid ourselves: if it had worked, we'd all be sitting here saying what a genius call it was to run something outside the usual Andy Reid box.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:41 PM   #87
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
The Bengals don’t currently have an opening and barring them not winning any other games this year, I don’t think they will.

They aren’t going to fire Taylor if Burrow continues to have success this year.
Yeah, doubt they're on the list. Bengals #1, 2,3 priority is burrow. And Taylor has done well with him. The hotter seats are probably in Atlanta and Denver.

Jets are a real possibility. Lions will either hire another bellichick stooge or fire their GM.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-05-2020, 03:08 PM   #88
Roy E.

I think Houston would be the logical choice now, except they don't have any high draft picks until the 2022 draft.
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-05-2020, 03:10 PM   #89
In Search of a Life

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-05-2020, 03:14 PM   #90
Supporter

It's going to be very interesting to watch when and where EB lands as a head coach.

Pedersen walked into an ideal situation, with a #1 overall QB, a solid offensive roster, a very good defense and a city that already liked him. He won the Super Bowl in 2017 but his teams haven't exactly been tearing up the league since.

Nagy had a nice 12-4 season followed by an 8-8 season and most likely, another 8-8/9-7 season ahead.

Neither of those guys have been able to win consistently, so it's looking like they're both missing the most important ingredients:

Andy Reid.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.