Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-16-2024, 11:16 AM  
Andy Reid Supporter

49ers Brandon Aiyuk has requested a trade

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 05:59 PM   #76
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Matt Barrows, from The Athletic, recently shared his insights on the topic during an interview with Bay Area radio station KNBR.

"If it came down to Deebo Samuel or Brandon Aiyuk, I think they go with Brandon Aiyuk because he's on the same page as Brock Purdy," Barrows said. "We saw that chemistry all year long. They seemed perfect for each other. They seem made for each other, whereas Deebo Samuel had some absolutely terrific games this season but didn't seem to have the same passing chemistry. A lot of his yards were short passes that he creates yards after the catch."
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:04 PM   #77
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Deebo was hurt during the SB. First half, iirc. First, he reinjured his shoulder, then his hamstring.

Which is the problem with keeping Deebo over Aiyuk; he's had a recent history of injuries.

But from a football perspective, I think I'd rather keep Deebo; he's more versatile. Shanahan can line up Deebo in the slot, out wide, in the backfield, even at the H and T. He's not the pure WR that Aiyuk is, but from a coach's perspective you can find more uses for him. Also, when you look at SF's statistical efficiency over the last few seasons, Deebo makes more of a difference than Aiyuk, iirc.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:08 PM   #78
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Deebo was hurt during the SB. First half, iirc. First, he reinjured his shoulder, then his hamstring.

Which is the problem with keeping Deebo over Aiyuk; he's had a recent history of injuries.

But from a football perspective, I think I'd rather keep Deebo; he's more versatile. Shanahan can line up Deebo in the slot, out wide, in the backfield, even at the H and T. He's not the pure WR that Aiyuk is, but from a coach's perspective you can find more uses for him. Also, when you look at SF's statistical efficiency over the last few seasons, Deebo makes more of a difference than Aiyuk, iirc.
Bullshit excuse if this is your argument against my point. Healthy or not, he's not getting open on that play against McDuffie in the endzone 9 times out of 10. McDuffie and Sneed had little trouble covering him.

Deebo has never been a route runner or separator. That's not who he is, and he will never be that guy.

He's a very valuable weapon, but he's essentially a WR/RB tweener, and that's not as valuable as a legitimate WR that can run a full route tree and separate consistently.

If all things were even, the 49ers would still 100% choose Aiyuk over Deebo.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:12 PM   #79
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Because you're clueless.

Again, watch the SB tape. One guy couldn't get open while the other was doing it consistently. I understand Deebo is a valuable weapon, but weapons aren't more valuable than legit WR1s that can run a full route tree and separate consistently.

And just pointing to his 1,400 yard season means nothing. Why do you constantly do this? "Blake Bortles is a good QB because he threw 30+ TDs". Stats mean nothing without context. Deebo is what he is. He's a playmaker and he's fantastic with the ball in his hands. He racks up receiving yardage after the catch. He's not a route runner or separator though, and those guys are more valuable.

“Both of these guys have 4+ years worth of games but look at this one in particular that fits my narrative” lol

You’re such a clown.

The reason this guy is open consistently is because he’s the fourth option on a stacked offense.

No one goes into a game against the 9ers worried about Aiyuk. They’re checking for CMC first, then Deebo, then Kittle.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:14 PM   #80
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Bullshit excuse is this is your argument against my point. He's not getting open on that play against McDuffie in the endzone 9 times out of 10 if he's health either. McDuffie and Sneed had little trouble covering him.

Deebo has never been a route runner or separator. That's not who he is, and he will never be that guy.

He's a very valuable weapon, but he's essentially a WR/RB tweener, and that's not as valuable as a legitimate WR that can run a full route tree and separate consistently.

It was a fact. Deebo suffered a shoulder injury earlier in the year that kept him from playing for a few games. Then he reinjured it in the NFCCG, I think. Then he injured his hammy. Now, I don't know about you, but I can't run very well/fast when I tweak my hammy. And in that "Receiver" show, Deebo told one of his trainers on camera that he couldn't move his left arm without experiencing a lot of pain (I think, might've been a teammate).

Now, we agree that Aiyuk is the better WR. It's just my opinion that Deebo is the more versatile weapon. Ymmv.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:14 PM   #81
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
“Both of these guys have 4+ years worth of games but look at this one in particular that fits my narrative” lol

You’re such a clown.

The reason this guy is open consistently is because he’s the fourth option on a stacked offense.

No one goes into a game against the 9ers worried about Aiyuk. They’re checking for CMC first, then Deebo, then Kittle.
No, it's not about one ****ing game dumbass. I'm simply pointing to the most recent tape and a game we all watched because the tape does not lie.

Deebo is who he is. You aren't even addressing my argument, you're just saying "nuh uh" and pointing to stats.

Aiyuk is their X. He's the guy running all the big boy routes, not Deebo. Deebo has to be schemed the ball while Aiyuk is out there running a full route tree. You have absolutely no ****ing clue what you're talking about.
Old Today, 06:16 PM   #82
In Search of a Life

Quote:
It was a fact. Deebo suffered a shoulder injury earlier in the year that kept him from playing for a few games. Then he reinjured it in the NFCCG, I think. Then he injured his hammy. Now, I don't know about you, but I can't run very well/fast when I tweak my hammy. And in that "Receiver" show, Deebo told one of his trainers on camera that he couldn't move his left arm without experiencing a lot of pain (I think, might've been a teammate).

Now, we agree that Aiyuk is the better WR. It's just my opinion that Deebo is the more versatile weapon. Ymmv.
Deebo isn't getting open consistently against cover corners like Sneed or McDuffie healthy or not because he's not that guy.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:21 PM   #83
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Deebo isn't getting open consistently against cover corners like Sneed or McDuffie healthy or not because he's not that guy.

Agreed. Deebo isn't the type of WR with those kinds of route-running skills. He's kind of a hybrid between a WR/HB. But that ability to play like a receiver or a ball-carrier, and line up anywhere is what makes him a little harder to defend than a pure WR, imo. We'll see how SF dals with the situation, but if I had to guess, I'd keep Deebo, for those reasons. Well, and Deebo would be cheaper. Now, if I thought Deebo was going to continue having injury issues over the next three or so years, I might rethink that.
Old Today, 06:28 PM   #84
MVP

Would I like Aiyuk on the Chiefs, of course, but we can’t fit him into this roster.

Saw an article about Alvin Kamara, however, and I’m curious what you guys think?

He’s not shown up to camp, says the team has no identity, and apparently wants an extension.

We’re a bit light at RB, currently, and a Pachecco + Kamara duo would be the best backfield in the league.

Our extra 3rd and a 3-year extension? He’s at $18m now, could probably bring that hit down with signing bonus & extension.

Problem is we’ll probably want to resign Pachecco too and I don’t see us paying 2 RBs relatively high value contracts.

Last edited by Couch-Potato; Today at 06:40 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old Today, 06:29 PM   #85
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Agreed. Deebo isn't the type of WR with those kinds of route-running skills. He's kind of a hybrid between a WR/HB. But that ability to play like a receiver or a ball-carrier, and line up anywhere is what makes him a little harder to defend than a pure WR, imo. We'll see how SF dals with the situation, but if I had to guess, I'd keep Deebo, for those reasons. Well, and Deebo would be cheaper. Now, if I thought Deebo was going to continue having injury issues over the next three or so years, I might rethink that.
And I think that skill set is why a guy like Aiyuk would be considered the more valuable asset. For instance, nobody is more important than CMC, but you aren't paying CMC what you'd pay Aiyuk, right? Why? Because he's a RB. Deebo is like a hybrid, and that factors into the value from a monetary perspective, and it's also why he's always hurt.
Old Today, 06:37 PM   #86
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
And I think that skill set is why a guy like Aiyuk would be considered the more valuable asset. For instance, nobody is more important than CMC, but you aren't paying CMC what you'd pay Aiyuk, right? Why? Because he's a RB. Deebo is like a hybrid, and that factors into the value from a monetary perspective, and it's also why he's always hurt.

Not sure that we aren't talking past each other here.

I mean, yeah, Deebo plays a hybrid role, so I'd imagine he'd be cheaper to retain than Aiyuk, who is obviously a WR, and a top-10 or so WR at that.

But on the field, well, it's a fact that when Deebo hurt his shoulder last season, SF lost three games in a row just like that. Which tells me that Deebo is pretty important to the efficiency of that offense, regardless of how much his 'position' commands on the open market.

Same with CMC for that matter. RBs don't command much $$$ in today's NFL, but there's no question that CMC is the most important offensive skill player on that team, just from a scoring perspective. With him, they scored about 30pts/gm, and without him only 23 or 24 pts/gm. From a purely scoring POV, CMC should be getting paid a lot more $$$, imo. He's just unlucky in that he's playing in an era when RBs just aren't highly valued on the open market.
Old Today, 06:43 PM   #87
The man you could post like.

That offense as a whole absolutely cratered the 3 game stretch Deebo was out. Scored 17 points each in all 3 games, worst mark of the whole year for them. I think Aiyuk is a very good player that also benefits quite a bit from the talent around him
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:43 PM   #88
Diablo Negro

Staylor you are making a bad argument. Tyreek Hill couldn’t get open against our DBs. Doesn’t mean he is worse than BA.

Debo is better than BA. BA was open because we were making sure Debo wasn’t open. Along with Kittle.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:44 PM   #89
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Would I like Aiyuk on the Chiefs, of course, but we can’t fit him into this roster.

Saw an article about Alvin Kamara, however, and I’m curious what you guys think?

He’s not shown up to camp, says the team has no identity, and apparently wants an extension.

We’re a bit light at RB, currently, and a Pachecco + Kamara duo would be the best backfield in the league.

Our extra 3rd and a 3-year extension? He’s at $18m now, could probably bring that hit down with signing bonus & extension.

Problem is we’ll probably want to resign Pachecco too and I don’t see us paying 2 RBs relatively high value contracts.
After the nightmare that was using a 1st round pick on CEH I dont think Veach will ever invest heavily in running back in any way shape or form draft/trade/free agency. Not as long as Mahomes is under center.
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Today, 06:44 PM   #90
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post

Yeah, I mean Kamara is still a legit RB1, imo, so I don't see how we make that work, unless Kamara just decides he's good with becoming a backup to Pacheco. Would be freaking nice though, no doubt. Pacheco and Kamara in the same backfield? That would be epic.