Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-27-2017, 09:38 PM  
Life is changing..

What if Mahomes fails as an NFL QB?

I know this isn't something that's pleasant to think about, but I'm curious as to what this franchise would do if Mahomes turns out to be a bust.

Do you think we draft another QB in the first round? Or do we go full CHEFUS and sign a middle of the road Alex Smith type again?

Ideally Mahomes is the QB here for 15 years on his way to multiple SuperBowl titles and the Hall of Fame. That's the dream, anyway.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:21 AM   #76
Resident Glue Sniffer

more scary thought for the homers....

what if Pat is AWESOME?

Too scary to contemplate.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:28 AM   #77
You're CARICATURES, ALL of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post

what if Pat is AWESOME?

Then Clark makes a mint off PM II merch, jerseys, bobble heads, action figures, etc.
KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:34 AM   #78
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop View Post
I suggested a Mahomes was a bust repeatedly in Sunday's GDT, and I was repeatedly told to **** off in various ways at least 20-30 times. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but suggesting death and violence on me goes too far. One man, one opinion.
Posting “Mahomes is a bust” over and over in the GDT clearly just looking for attention with absolutely nothing to back it up and you wonder why you were told to **** off?

**** OFF
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:35 AM   #79
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post

what if Pat is AWESOME?

He will be...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:56 AM   #80
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
I know this isn't something that's pleasant to think about, but I'm curious as to what this franchise would do if Mahomes turns out to be a bust.

Do you think we draft another QB in the first round? Or do we go full CHEFUS and sign a middle of the road Alex Smith type again?

Ideally Mahomes is the QB here for 15 years on his way to multiple SuperBowl titles and the Hall of Fame. That's the dream, anyway.
Honestly, we should expect him to fail - Veach should anyway... Odds are that he will be Jake Locker and not Brett Favre. I hope we keep drafting QBs. I would draft one this year for sure. Just being realistic.
Black Bob has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Black Bob has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Black Bob has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Black Bob has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Black Bob has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Black Bob has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Black Bob has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Black Bob has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Black Bob has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Black Bob has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Black Bob has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:03 AM   #81
Supporter

It's a legitimate question. One I'm sure that most of us have considered at least a little bit. Still, I don't believe that will happen. Will he be a HOFer? I don't know about that but I have faith that he will be a good pro QB.

If he does turn out to be a bust, you draft a QB again. Keep drafting one until you find "the guy". Will the Chiefs do this? TBD
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:06 AM   #82
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
If he does turn out to be a bust, you draft a QB again. Keep drafting one until you find "the guy". Will the Chiefs do this? TBD
That's really the only option...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:07 AM   #83
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bob View Post
Honestly, we should expect him to fail - Veach should anyway... Odds are that he will be Jake Locker and not Brett Favre. I hope we keep drafting QBs. I would draft one this year for sure. Just being realistic.

****ing idiot. That Locker comparison you keep throwing around is awful.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:08 AM   #84
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop View Post
I suggested a Mahomes was a bust repeatedly in Sunday's GDT, and I was repeatedly told to **** off in various ways at least 20-30 times. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but suggesting death and violence on me goes too far. One man, one opinion.
I too think he will bust for a number of reasons not worth arguing about. I sincerely hope I'm wrong. I love the Chiefs and would love nothing more than to have a true franchise QB to watch on Sundays.
Black Bob has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Black Bob has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Black Bob has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Black Bob has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Black Bob has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Black Bob has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Black Bob has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Black Bob has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Black Bob has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Black Bob has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Black Bob has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:09 AM   #85
Bewegungsfreiheit fur alles

If he's a bust, you draft another QB and go from there. A fairly straightforward strategy that the Chiefs seem to be reluctant to try.
redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:11 AM   #86
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post

****ing idiot
Why? The reality is first round QBs bust far more often than they succeed. You are the idiot if you want to go all in on Mahommes and stop drafting QBs. You should know better.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:13 AM   #87
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
The odds are against any QB becoming a long term NFL starter, no matter how talented or highly drafted they are.
To expand on this, the most likely scenario for ANY qb is that they don't work out. There are only about 20 decent QBs in the league, and only about 6-8 that are good enough to win a Super Bowl. Meanwhile, dozens of prospects come out of school every year and are signed to NFL teams.

So, the chance are that Mahomes won't work out. But if he doesn't, you're no worse off than if you spent 5 years with an Alex Smith. Still no Super Bowls.

If 3-4 years go by and he's not maturing, then you start over and draft another. You haven't won the QB lottery but you haven't lost anything. Really. Unless you're a true fan that cares about assuring wild card berths and being 'watchable' or 'competitive' more than anything.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:16 AM   #88
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Why? The reality is first round QBs bust far more often than they succeed. You are the idiot if you want to go all in on Mahommes and stop drafting QBs. You should know better.
Because that Locker comparison that you keep throwing around is awful. The guy never completed more than 60% of his passes and wasn’t quite the arm talent that Mahomes is.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:17 AM   #89
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
I too think he will bust for a number of reasons not worth arguing about. I sincerely hope I'm wrong. I love the Chiefs and would love nothing more than to have a true franchise QB to watch on Sundays.
Locker had no passion to play, so he didn't put in the work.

Have you seen evidence that mohomes lacks passion and isn't putting in the work?
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:23 AM   #90
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Of course they'll draft a QB again. But there's a big difference between drafting an Aaron Murray in the mid rounds versus trading several early round picks for a Mahomes. The former you can essentially do until you're blue in the face and have a semi-competent franchise; the latter you only have so many opportunities before you decimate the young core of your team.

I didn't trust this franchise to trade up to get Mahomes in the first place. If that "gamble"/calculated risk fails, I suspect they get even more risk averse in that respect. Let's hope they got Mahomes right because I think it'll be a long dry spell in the future if not.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.