Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-11-2024, 10:12 AM  
Politically Incorrect

Mike Tomlin gets 3-yr extension from Steelers.

Just breaking now.

Is it me or do the Steelers feel like they are morphing to the Bears from the last 30 years?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 02:40 PM   #76
In Search of a Life

And again, football isn't baseball. It's apples to oranges.

Scheme and how guys fit is a huge factor in a player's success. The HC and his coaching staff have to be a part of the process, even if they don't have final say.

Even if what you say about the future ownership is the case, it's not going to change things much. Aren't the Packers essentially an example of this with their similar ownership situation?

A front office and coaching staff have to have a symbiotic relationship. You can have analytics guys running the show like in Cleveland and Minnesota, but the HC and his staff will always have to be involved with personnel decisions.

Last edited by staylor26; 06-11-2024 at 02:46 PM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 02:45 PM   #77
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper View Post
When is the last time they scored a TD in a playoff game they actually won?
That was such a "Because Chiefs" kind of game.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 03:03 PM   #78
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Lee View Post
He's Jeff Fisher with more melanin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Jeff Fisher with a better publicist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
Black Jeff Fisher
This seemed harsh at first so I looked into it and I have to agree with my gut and say this is taking it too far.

Coincidentally, they’ve both got 173 career regular season wins. Fishers got 165 losses, Tomlin’s got 100.

If championships are important to you, Tomlin’s 1-1 to Fisher’s 0-1.

Fisher is tied for most regular season losses of all time with Belichick, whose resume speaks for itself, and Dan Reeves, who never won a chip but did take two different organizations to four Super Bowls total.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 03:12 PM   #79
Politically Incorrect

He is great at making Chicken Salad out of Chicken Shit at QB but he is not part of today's offensive juggernauts.

He is an old school, defense excellence.
Old 06-11-2024, 03:24 PM   #80
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
How many offensive minded hc out there that are good and consistent for decades? They all seem defensive minded.
Do you think the Bears, Commanders, and Patriots aren't just a LITTLE bit remorseful that they've got brand new shiny QBs and yet their head coaches are going to be mostly out of the picture when it comes to that QB's development? I mean yeah, that's what the QB coach and OC is for sure, but wouldn't it be nice if the guy making all the decisions could more intuitively make those decisions that are best for the QB instead of having to take advice from assistant coaches all the time?

If I'm an NFL owner hiring a new head coach, and I can take either Tomlin or a young unproven OC from somewhere, I'd be tempted to go Tomlin if I had a vet QB already in place. But if I'm starting from scratch? There's no way I'd hire any defensive guy ever. Not a young guy, not Tomlin, and not even Belichick.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 04:05 PM   #81
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
This seemed harsh at first so I looked into it and I have to agree with my gut and say this is taking it too far.

Coincidentally, they’ve both got 173 career regular season wins. Fishers got 165 losses, Tomlin’s got 100.

If championships are important to you, Tomlin’s 1-1 to Fisher’s 0-1.

Fisher is tied for most regular season losses of all time with Belichick, whose resume speaks for itself, and Dan Reeves, who never won a chip but did take two different organizations to four Super Bowls total.
He's Jeff Fisher with more wins and a championship.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 04:13 PM   #82
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Jeff Fisher with a better publicist.

The guy's mediocre as hell. Not a bad coach - just not a particularly good one. And in a league with plenty of bad coaches, merely mediocre has value.

So fine - go ahead and extend him. There are coinflip odds that if you fire him, you'll end up with someone worse.

But you're not gonna win anything meaningful with him.
Outside of the Super Bowl, I suppose that may be true.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 04:31 PM   #83
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Outside of the Super Bowl, I suppose that may be true.
He got handed a SB contender.

"What have you done for me lately?"

I suppose you'd say the same about McCarthy? Payton?
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2024, 04:32 PM   #84

I don't think the Jeff Fisher thing is even a debate. Jeff Fisher had 6 winning seasons in 22 years. Dude lived at the .500 mark which is why he got the reputation he did.

Mike Tomlin's never had a losing season but he's had double digit wins 10 times, won a Super Bowl, and has done it while having Brady, Manning and Mahomes in his conference and the Ravens who are always good in his division. It's not like he's lived at 7-9 wins a year like Fisher did. He's clearly a class above that.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 04:34 PM   #85
In Search of a Life

If past SBs means jack shit about the future, Belichick is still coaching, probably in NE too.

At some point, you can't keep living off that 1 SB.

There's no reason to think Tomlin and the Steelers will sniff another one in the next 3 years, even in a world without Mahomes.
Old 06-11-2024, 04:41 PM   #86
Admitted Planet Junky

Some of you never cease to amaze.
Never having a losing record is amazing with the parity and such in the league. No doubt about it. Some of you act like that is the end all be all. It would only be that great if he could also find a top QB to win playoff games and truly compete for an SB.
Some of the banter in this thread is equivalent to being satisfied with mediocrity. Either dump a bunch of capital to go up and get a top QB or be stuck in squalor.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-11-2024, 04:44 PM   #87
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Some of you never cease to amaze.
Never having a losing record is amazing with the parity and such in the league. No doubt about it. Some of you act like that is the end all be all. It would only be that great if he could also find a top QB to win playoff games and truly compete for an SB.
Some of the banter in this thread is equivalent to being satisfied with mediocrity. Either dump a bunch of capital to go up and get a top QB or be stuck in squalor.
Not our problem that so many of you don't understand how this works

Nobody gives a single **** about "never having a losing record" when you haven't won a playoff game in almost a ****ing decade.

The irony of you saying "some of you act like that is the end all be all" while you morons continue to repeat that never had a losing record line.
Old 06-11-2024, 04:48 PM   #88
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Not our problem that so many of you don't understand how this works

Nobody gives a single **** about "never having a losing record" when you haven't won a playoff game in almost a ****ing decade.

The irony of you saying "some of you act like that is the end all be all" while you morons continue to repeat that never had a losing record line.
Hey dipshit, jump to conclusion asshole, I was taking your side.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-11-2024, 04:49 PM   #89
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Hey dipshit, jump to conclusion asshole, I was taking your side.
Hard to tell

My bad.
Old 06-11-2024, 05:02 PM   #90
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Tomlin to me is an ultimate fan nightmare. A guy who comes in young, wins a Super Bowl early with a team that was already teed up and rolling along, and then just stands up mediocrity year after year, for decades of my life. Dude is only 52. Could easily see him rolling along like this for 15+ years.
I know a baseball team like this...

The Cardinals way!
George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.