Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-04-2018, 03:10 PM  
Veteran

Shaquem Griffin. Would U draft him?

Play GM. Would you draft him after seeing his performance at combine? If so what round do you think he goes in?
Read a good article on him about the chip on his shoulder and living in the football facility at UCF on an air mattress.
I had heard about him early last season but never watched UCF play till their bowl game. Then he was chasing down RBs and sacking the QB, it wasn’t till over halfway thru the game that I realized he only had one hand.
Article I read said he was suited for a 3-4 defense and needed to put on some weight. And was better suited for zone as opposed to man to man. And would probably have to move from outside to inside LB
wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:46 AM   #76
MVP

Shaquill and Shaquem Griffin faceoff in 40 yard dash

Really need to be able to embed on phone

https://youtu.be/kEWPQEYrkFA
ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:20 AM   #77
Veteran

His brother was highly recruited for big schools and he wouldn’t play for anyone unless they brought on his brother. Just an amazing story all around.
Someone joked would he get called for holding. In the highlight video some of his tackles are borderline horse collar.
wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wheeler08 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:31 AM   #78
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 View Post
His twin brother is a CB, is just as fast, has two hands, and was drafted by Seattle last year in the 3rd round
Quem has like 30 pounds on Quill, though.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:32 AM   #79
Most Valuable Villain

NFL Media's Ian Rapoport spoke with one NFL coach who believes UCF LB Shaquem Griffin is now a fourth-round pick.

We love to hear this, and the fourth-round might be a safe projection. The conversation has shifted a bit from Griffin being a core special teams player to now potential off-ball linebacker. We have always thought he was the latter thanks to his closing speed and relentless motor.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:36 AM   #80
ON CP YOU’RE SOMEBODY’S BITCH!

I would not consider him. Wouldn’t be able to trip guys up with his missing hand if he needed to resort to that.
rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:39 AM   #81
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
I would not consider him. Wouldn’t be able to trip guys up with his missing hand if he needed to resort to that.
Finally someone else speaks up. It's the NFL not college. The legitimate question as to whether he can grip,grab, and shed adequately at the pro level makes him a gamble best suited for the lower rounds.

I suspect some are allowing the feel-good story to cloud their judgement.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:44 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickhead View Post
would he be called for holding or facemasks half as much?

i joke, what five minutes i have watched of him on youtube is far greater than the highlight reel of demetrius harris to this point
I know this is a joke, but really...he could expose these official’s biases... Say they call him for holding or face mask with that hand, not realizing he doesn’t have one...people would be like...”uhhhh...yeah, that’s not physically possible.”
rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:51 AM   #83
Inmem 2.0

He's everything our defense was missing last year
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:53 AM   #84
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Finally someone else speaks up. It's the NFL not college. The legitimate question as to whether he can grip,grab, and shed adequately at the pro level makes him a gamble best suited for the lower rounds.

It hasn't effected him yet in terms of playing football though.

Granted it would limit the position he could play I guess so there is that.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:55 AM   #85
Mahomosapien

Quote:

There are questions as to weather any prospect can shed and tackle consistently in the NFL.

I guess it depends on where teams would want to use the guy. He is kind of a hybrid player. He can rush the passer, he is always around the ball. I watched a few UCF games and I didnt even know he had one hand until an announcer mentioned it after I had watched like 3 of their games this year.
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:55 AM   #86
Ain't no relax!

Damn....

Quote:
Even to a mother, the scream from her 4-year-old was more urgent and scary than anything she had heard before.

Tangie Griffin jumped out of bed and went to the bedroom where her twin sons slept. Shaquill was there, but Shaquem wasn't. She frantically searched the house and found him in the kitchen.

He had climbed to the silverware drawer and was threatening to cut his fingers off with a knife he held in his right hand.

"All I could do was take the knife away," Tangie said. "He kept screaming that his hand hurt. I picked him up and rocked him back to sleep. And then I called the doctor."

The next day, Shaquem Griffin's left hand was amputated.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/more/l...220-story.html
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:56 AM   #87

Quote:

I agree.

One of my friends in my grade played football and was on the wrestling team with me. He was a pretty good football player and decent wrestler until 8th grade when he blew his hand off with a firecracker of some sort. In football, we had to move him from OLB/CB/WR to nose and OG...those were the only positions he could still play at an efficient level with his missing hand.

In wrestling, he went from having a diverse skill-set and was able to utilize a variety of moves to being a guy who had to rely on just headlocks and throws, for he couldn’t control the opponents’ wrists. He went from being a guy who won 80% of his matches, to maybe 40% because that missing hand limited him so badly.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:57 AM   #88
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post

NFL vs. College. I want the guy to succeed as much as anybody. It's just business.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:59 AM   #89
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post

If this kid had two hands we would be talking about him as a day one pick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fab6L3glBa0

http://proxy.espn.com/video/clip?id=17919707

Somebody will steal him in the third, and it will be a steal.
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:00 AM   #90
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico View Post
I agree.

One of my friends in my grade played football and was on the wrestling team with me. He was a pretty good football player and decent wrestler until 8th grade when he blew his hand off with a firecracker of some sort. In football, we had to move him from OLB/CB/WR to nose and OG...those were the only positions he could still play at an efficient level with his missing hand.

In wrestling, he went from having a diverse skill-set and was able to utilize a variety of moves to being a guy who had to rely on just headlocks and throws, for he couldn’t control the opponents’ wrists. He went from being a guy who won 80% of his matches, to maybe 40% because that missing hand limited him so badly.
Damn I hate to hear that but otoh it sounds like he just rolled with it and didn't let it hold him back from doing what he wanted to do.

But yeah, one hand vs. two hands is a BIG difference no matter how badly people are pulling for the guy.
I'm hoping for him too.
But a one-handed LB in the NFL is a risk.