Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-13-2024, 04:50 PM  
MVP

Trevor Lawrence gets paid

5 years 275, 200 guaranteed
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-14-2024, 08:25 AM   #76
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
This is my understanding. The Cowboys seem content to let Dak enter free agency after this season, but that is the only other possible one I know of.
It's interesting comparing Dak vs trevor. Dak strikes me as a guy who is extremely productive but doesn't seem trustable. It feels like a lot of empty stats with an insane amount of talent to work with. Trevor has not been productive and yet it feels like he can pull an Eli Manning like run. Trevor just feels like a better bet because it just feels like he hasn't come close to his ceiling yet where it just feels like Dak is a career Philip rivers with all the production and nothing to show for it.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 08:37 AM   #77
MVP

Right but Dak and Trevor are kind of in the same boat in that those guys can do it. They have just fell apart in the playoffs so people are like not a winner. Which is true! But as an organization you don't say we're NOT going to pay them....

OH WAIT is Dallas gonna do exactly that? haha
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-14-2024, 08:39 AM   #78
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimo View Post
Right but Dak and Trevor are kind of in the same boat in that those guys can do it. They have just fell apart in the playoffs so people are like not a winner. Which is true! But as an organization you don't say we're NOT going to pay them....

Dallas already paid Dak once and they have nothing to show for it.

I'm sure if they do it again things will change though.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2024, 08:41 AM   #79

Quote:

I am absolutely fascinated to watch the Dallas thing unfold. One of my favorite stories to follow. They are going to let Dak walk, so based on public opinion I would expect the decision to be cheered across the NFL because he's just not worth whatever crazy contract he'll get. Enjoy the 5 minutes of seeming wise and shrewd, Cowboy fans. Your best case scenario is probably somebody like Gardner Minshew in 2025.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2024, 08:43 AM   #80
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
I am absolutely fascinated to watch the Dallas thing unfold. One of my favorite stories to follow. They are going to let Dak walk, so based on public opinion I would expect the decision to be cheered across the NFL because he's just not worth whatever crazy contract he'll get. Enjoy the 5 minutes of seeming wise and shrewd, Cowboy fans. Your best case scenario is probably somebody like Gardner Minshew in 2025.
I have a feeling he'll be a Giant.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2024, 08:44 AM   #81
MVP

I also don't think the Cowboys will win a SB. But that is kind of besides the point.

If every team paid their QB on the idea that they could get past Mahomes like two quarterbacks would get contracts and everyone else would just recycle guys. You can't run your organization based on that, if you have a top 15 QB you have to pay him if you want your team to generate any money at all.

Hell if I'm Trevor I'm HOPING Jacksonville doesn't pay him so he can go get a huge contract in the NFC.

Dallas' best hope is to stick with Dak and hope he doesn't Lamar Jackson another playoff game. If they let him go to free agency and he goes and wins somewhere else how humiliating is that for your organization?
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-14-2024, 08:54 AM   #82
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I also don't think the Cowboys will win a SB. But that is kind of besides the point.

If every team paid their QB on the idea that they could get past Mahomes like two quarterbacks would get contracts and everyone else would just recycle guys. You can't run your organization based on that, if you have a top 15 QB you have to pay him if you want your team to generate any money at all.

Hell if I'm Trevor I'm HOPING Jacksonville doesn't pay him so he can go get a huge contract in the NFC.

Dallas' best hope is to stick with Dak and hope he doesn't Lamar Jackson another playoff game. If they let him go to free agency and he goes and wins somewhere else how humiliating is that for your organization?
Man Dak is a tough one for me because this feels like Philip rivers 2.0. if he can't win with a loaded cheap team what will he do when the pieces fall out? They have a huge loss at LT. And ceedee and Micah are going to get paid the moon. I don't know, they kinda have to but they can't be too excited about it
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 08:56 AM   #83
In Search of a Life

Giving guys like Dak and Trevor a second contract is fine, but if they don't win shit on a rookie deal or second contract, it's probably time to move on as opposed to giving them a gigantic 3rd contract.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 08:56 AM   #84
MVP

I'm extremely glad I don't have to cheer for them.

If I couldn't have Mahomes there are only like two QBs I'd want, to be clear. Probably Burrow and Stroud.

I'm just trying to point out that Lawrence is better than we think. From a Jags fan which I mostly agree with:

Quote:
He has the OC that got Doug Pederson fired from Philly calling his plays (I would have expected the HC that won the Eagles their first Super Bowl to have a lifetime appointment as HC, but Doug was too stubborn). He had no interior OL to speak of. He kept hitting his pass catchers in the hands and they kept either dropping the ball or stepping out of bounds before tapping their toes. There were three examples of this turning touchdowns into a field goal or punt in the KC game alone.

I'm not saying Trevor is amazing, because he might not be, but saying he is the only one to blame is just absurd.
Old 06-14-2024, 09:00 AM   #85
In Search of a Life

Sure, he's not the "only one to blame", but I also think many of you are flat out making excuses.

Again, his situation is no worse than Jones, and better in some ways like weapons, yet that's the level of production we've seen. That's not good enough, and no amount of excuses changes that.
Old 06-14-2024, 09:00 AM   #86
World's finest morphius

I'm glad these teams are overpaying their QB's that haven't done anything yet.
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2024, 09:06 AM   #87
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Sure, he's not the "only one to blame", but I also think many of you are flat out making excuses.

Again, his situation is no worse than Jones, and better in some ways like weapons, yet that's the level of production we've seen. That's not good enough, and no amount of excuses changes that.

He also got hurt last season and his numbers fell off a cliff. I think Trevor's hype is affecting him in general. He's a top ten QB with a ceiling that could be top 5. I could see him getting better, I could see him staying mediocre. Either is a possibility.

But you don't assume the bad outcome when it comes time to pay him. What are you even saving the money for? It could be years before you get a better QB if you let him go.
Old 06-14-2024, 09:08 AM   #88
In Search of a Life

Quote:
He also got hurt last season and his numbers fell off a cliff. I think Trevor's hype is affecting him in general. He's a top ten QB with a ceiling that could be top 5. I could see him getting better, I could see him staying mediocre. Either is a possibility.

But you don't assume the bad outcome when it comes time to pay him. What are you even saving the money for? It could be years before you get a better QB if you let him go.
Like I said, totally fine with paying him, but you're absolutely making a projection when you do. He has not been good enough. He needs to be better.
Old 06-14-2024, 09:21 AM   #89
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
I'm extremely glad I don't have to cheer for them.

If I couldn't have Mahomes there are only like two QBs I'd want, to be clear. Probably Burrow and Stroud.

I'm just trying to point out that Lawrence is better than we think. From a Jags fan which I mostly agree with:
Burrow is only a top QB bc of his team. Remember the stat that he hasn’t scored a 4th quarter TD in his playoff games?

Top defense, Jamarr Chase and Tee Higgins. Give that to Trevor and see what happens.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 09:48 AM   #90
MVP

Quote:

Lawrence's hype has been affecting him since he won the national championship. He has never really progressed from that game.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.