Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM  
I'll **** anything that moves!

**Saturday, September 9th, Twins at Royals GDT**

A win tonight wins the series. Let's do this.

1. Pham - RF
2. BWJ - SS
3. Salvy - 1B
4. MJ - LF
5. DeJong -3B
6. Massey - 2B
7. Fermin - C
8. Grossman - DH
9. Isbel - CF

Marsh on the bump. LFG.
GabyKeepsMeWarm has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GabyKeepsMeWarm has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GabyKeepsMeWarm has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GabyKeepsMeWarm has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GabyKeepsMeWarm has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GabyKeepsMeWarm has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GabyKeepsMeWarm has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GabyKeepsMeWarm has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GabyKeepsMeWarm has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GabyKeepsMeWarm has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GabyKeepsMeWarm has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old Yesterday, 11:08 PM   #76
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

19 games left to play:

1 vs Twins HOME (have lost the season series already, but can put them farther behind us in WC and division)
@Yankees for 3 (1-3 in KC in June)
@Pirates for 3 (currently 4-6 in their last 10, in last in the NL Central and 12 out of WC)
3 vs Tigers HOME (7-3 so far this year, Tigers hanging on to fading chance at last WC)
3 vs Giants HOME (8.5 out of division and WC. 3-7 in last 10)
@Nationals for 3 (21 out of division, 14 out of WC)
@Braves for 3 (Fighting with Mets, Diamondbacks, and Padres for WC position, all within 3 games currently)

Of 6 remaining series we have a better team on paper in 4 of them, are even in one, and are underdogs in one. I think it's reasonable to assume we finish:
L vs MIN
1-2 vs NYY
2-1 vs PIT
2-1 vs DET
2-1 vs SF
2-1 vs WAS
1-2 vs ATL

That's 10-9 leaving us at 88-74
BAL and NYY only need 6 wins to get to 88. Only one of them affect us in WC
CLE needs 7 wins to get to 88 and has season series
MIN would have to go at least 12-8 (they only need to tie since they won season series)
BOS would have to go 16-4 (only need to tie us)
DET would have to go 17-2 (we have that season series locked up already, they are not a threat to us)

Last edited by DJay23; Today at 07:39 AM..
DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM   #77
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Appreciate the math there teacher, Djay. Good stuff.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:29 AM   #78
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJay23 View Post
19 games left to play:

1 vs Twins HOME (have lost the season series already, but can put them farther behind us in WC and division)
@Pirates (currently 4-6 in their last 10, in last in the NL Central and 12 out of WC)
3 vs Tigers HOME (7-3 so far this year, Tigers hanging on to fading chance at last WC)
@Braves for 3 (Fighting with Mets, Diamondbacks, and Padres for WC position, all within 3 games currently)

Of 6 remaining series we have a better team on paper in 4 of them, are even in one, and are underdogs in one. I think it's reasonable to assume we finish:
L vs MIN
1-2 vs NYY
2-1 vs PIT
2-1 vs DET
2-1 vs SF
2-1 vs WAS
1-2 vs ATL

MIN would have to go at least 12-8 (they only need to tie since they won season series)
DET would have to go 17-2 (we have that season series locked up already, they are not a threat to us)
We are obviously in good shape, but Seattle is the team who I think has the best chance of catching us. Saying that, Detroit is the only team who gets to play us down the stretch.
Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.
Old Today, 12:46 AM   #79
I'll **** anything that moves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJay23 View Post
19 games left to play:

@Pirates (currently 4-6 in their last 10, in last in the NL Central and 12 out of WC)

L vs MIN
1-2 vs NYY
2-1 vs PIT
2-1 vs DET
2-1 vs SF
2-1 vs WAS
1-2 vs ATL

As a sure-fire baseball nerd myself, this is the stuff that gets my dick hard. It’s just math, and there’s only 19 remaining games. But it would take another 7 game losing streak to move the needle much.

I don’t want to be overconfident, because baseball is a strange bird and sometimes baseball happens, but I think we’re going to the playoffs, sadly we’ll be doing it with Vinnie watching from the dugout.

But man, what a year it’s been! A pitching rotation that is right up there with the best we’ve ever had. Bobby turning into a true superstar before our eyes. And an eye toward next year and obvious clear needs to keep us in contention as hopefully our meager farm gets reseeded and continues to grow.
GabyKeepsMeWarm has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GabyKeepsMeWarm has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GabyKeepsMeWarm has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GabyKeepsMeWarm has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GabyKeepsMeWarm has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GabyKeepsMeWarm has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GabyKeepsMeWarm has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GabyKeepsMeWarm has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GabyKeepsMeWarm has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GabyKeepsMeWarm has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.GabyKeepsMeWarm has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:31 AM   #80
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm View Post
As a sure-fire baseball nerd myself, this is the stuff that gets my dick hard. It’s just math, and there’s only 19 remaining games. But it would take another 7 game losing streak to move the needle much.

I don’t want to be overconfident, because baseball is a strange bird and sometimes baseball happens, but I think we’re going to the playoffs, sadly we’ll be doing it with Vinnie watching from the dugout.

But man, what a year it’s been! A pitching rotation that is right up there with the best we’ve ever had. Bobby turning into a true superstar before our eyes. And an eye toward next year and obvious clear needs to keep us in contention as hopefully our meager farm gets reseeded and continues to grow.
My requirement from the Royals has always been to keep me interested until September. That's been a difficult task for them for most of my adult life. I've always loved having a ballgame on whether I'm at home not doing much else, or out and about driving around on a summer day/night because I just love the sport. But when I actually care about the outcome, it just makes is so much more special. The Royals were my first sports love and it just makes me so happy to see them relevant.
DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.
Old Today, 07:37 AM   #81
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Expectations View Post
We are obviously in good shape, but Seattle is the team who I think has the best chance of catching us. Saying that, Detroit is the only team who gets to play us down the stretch.
Seattle would have to go 16-3 to get to 88 wins (we tied the season series, I'm not sure how tie breakers work).

They have 8 of their final 19 vs the Yankees, Padres, and Astros. The other 11 are vs the A's and Rangers. Seems like a tall order to me.
Old Today, 08:23 AM   #82
Constable of Untruths

Was this game in 2026? Are you from the future?
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:53 AM   #83
Keep Camp Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm View Post
A win tonight wins the series. Let's do this.

1. Pham - RF
2. BWJ - SS
3. Salvy - 1B
4. MJ - LF
5. DeJong -3B
6. Massey - 2B
7. Fermin - C
8. Grossman - DH
9. Isbel - CF

Marsh on the bump. LFG.
Keep us rolling get that gdt going
cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.