Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-07-2024, 02:03 PM  
pie is never free

Tips For Dealing With Poison Ivy

Anyone have any good advice?

Been battling this shit for over a week, every time it starts looking/feeling like its going away it comes roaring right back... the more calamine lotion I put on it, the worse it seemingly gets

Even have this shit on my junk

I'm considering scratching all of it wide open raw, then dousing it all with rubbing alcohol... but thats gonna burn like hell
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 11:01 AM   #76
The pizza king of kansas

Call batman duh!
big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 11:29 AM   #77
Politically Incorrect

I've never had poison ivy but now that I have made note of that, I'm sure next time back East I will stumble into a thicket of bushes with poison ivy.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 12:39 PM   #78
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAVER View Post
If you scratch it then touch elsewhere - does it not (potentially) transfer? I always thought it did.
I can't believe with how easily a person can find information now that there are so many people that still believe this stuff about poison ivy and it's relatives.

No it isn't contagious. You cannot spread it to another person. It will not spread on your skin by scratching it. I remember in school if someone came to class with poison ivy that there were so many kids freaking out and would basically isolate the kid because they didn't wanna get it. I stopped even saying anything, because they believed what they wanted to believe.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-09-2024, 12:41 PM   #79
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
WTF is an antibiotic going to do to heal poison ivy?
Lol people and god damn Z packs. They think it cures everything and ****ing doctors prescribe it for everything. I'm surprised a megabacteria hasn't wiped out a ton of us.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-09-2024, 04:13 PM   #80
Retired Bearcat

Ive only had it a handful of times. My brother on the other hand would get that shit just by looking at it. one year we were cleaning up old brush piles. we set it ablaze not knowing it was full of it. He had breathed in some of the smoke and got it in his throat. He was a dick to me when we was younger but damn I felt sorry for him
HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.HayWire threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2024, 08:07 PM   #81
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Anyone have any good advice?

Been battling this shit for over a week, every time it starts looking/feeling like its going away it comes roaring right back... the more calamine lotion I put on it, the worse it seemingly gets

Even have this shit on my junk

I'm considering scratching all of it wide open raw, then dousing it all with rubbing alcohol... but thats gonna burn like hell
you're close, i scratch it every time i habe it and pour clorox right on the shit, it dries up the next day. i dont care what anyone says IT WORKS, ive been doing it this way for over 30 years, scratch it get in a tub and pour bleach all over it
problem solved
REDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliREDHOTGTO 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-09-2024, 08:12 PM   #82
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hark Clunt View Post
it's bad for your skin and you shouldn't do it excessively, but running hot water over the rash is like the best thing at getting rid of the itch.
hair dryers work, too
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 08:24 PM   #83
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDHOTGTO View Post
you're close, i scratch it every time i habe it and pour clorox right on the shit, it dries up the next day. i dont care what anyone says IT WORKS, ive been doing it this way for over 30 years, scratch it get in a tub and pour bleach all over it
problem solved
I was super close to the nuclear option for a few days... arms, hands, legs sure

But just couldn't pull that trigger on my junk, that was bridge too far... damn glad I caved in and got the shot and pills
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 08:25 PM   #84
Veteran

Where is Adam West to give some advice when you need him? Dead. Damn the luck.
Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM   #85
My name...is Horace!

Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but to get a good 3-4 hours of itch relief, take the hottest shower possible, especially spraying the rash area for a good ten minutes or so. It will be miserable at first but it will be sweet sweet relief after the initial torture.
thebrad84 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.thebrad84 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.thebrad84 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.thebrad84 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.thebrad84 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.thebrad84 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.thebrad84 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.thebrad84 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.thebrad84 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.thebrad84 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.thebrad84 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 07-09-2024, 11:32 PM   #86
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
That's not even remotely true. I can get one of my scripts at the large chains with GoodRX for ~$30. At my local pharmacy it is $60-$80. It's like that at all the smaller pharmacies I've tried getting my scripts at. GoodRX is a real money saver and will get you the script for less than the pharmacy pays for it. My good friend is the pharmacist at my local pharmacy and there is no way they would sell meds at lower prices than their cost.
You literally have no idea what you're talking about. You're giving me an anecdote which I doubt is even true. Even it if though, that's still just an anecdote.

GoodRx preys on independent pharmacy. They are not good for anyone except the uneducated patient.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-10-2024, 06:44 AM   #87
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
You literally have no idea what you're talking about. You're giving me an anecdote which I doubt is even true. Even it if though, that's still just an anecdote.

GoodRx preys on independent pharmacy. They are not good for anyone except the uneducated patient.
They certainly can be cheaper for patients than even their price through their insurance. I always encourage patients to try Costco or independent pharmacies, but many insurances make it hard for patients to shop around.

They are also using your data, and if you don’t take some extra steps, the money you spend won’t count towards your deductible

All that said, I don’t blame people for trying to save money on their prescriptions.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 07-10-2024, 07:17 AM   #88
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post

Goodrx doesn't prey on independent pharmacies, because most independents don't take GoodRX. You clearly have no clue what you are talking about about. Independent pharmacies will literally **** themselves if they give out prescriptions under there U&C (usual and customary). That's the way GoodRX is able to get under that U&C, because it's considered an insurance payment and not straight cash paying customer.

You're the ****ing uneducated one. Dipshit.
Old 07-10-2024, 07:18 AM   #89
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
WTF is an antibiotic going to do to heal poison ivy?
Oh gdammit...I meant those prednisone packs you take for several days.

The first time i got poison ivy, I was helping a buddy clear his new construction lot. I never had it before and didn't even know what it looked like. It was dead of summer, muggy, and had taken off my 8lb tshirt a few hrs ago. The back yard was riddled with the shit, and when I figured out what was happening, i had been wiping sweat off my face, taken about 5 Smithwick's leaks, and scratched mosquitos and chiggers off every part of my body. It shouldn't be compared to a trench in WWI, but you haven't lived until you have eyes stuck shut from weeping eyelids and a pecker so swollen, it looks like the family dachshund was on your lap for a Christmas card pic. I would do GBH to a doctor that suggested a 21-dose pack over a shot if it got that severe. I would rather pass a kidney stone.
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 07-10-2024, 07:22 AM   #90
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrad84 View Post
Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but to get a good 3-4 hours of itch relief, take the hottest shower possible, especially spraying the rash area for a good ten minutes or so. It will be miserable at first but it will be sweet sweet relief after the initial torture.
It's hard to describe the mix of pain, pleasure, discomfort and relief of blasting hot water on a weeping poson ivy rash. I suppose it would be like catching yourself tapping your foot to an ABBA song at a wedding reception.
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.