Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-17-2024, 12:49 PM  
Veteran

I have cut the cord, How to watch the games.

I have cut the cord because only watch TV for the Chiefs. A long time ago my locals worked in the city. +25 years ago based upon litigation my locals are now Topeka, which is considered not to be KC market. I could though, through CBS NBC ABC, get the games unless they were on prime, peacock, NFL network. But again the only reason I sign up for cable was to watch the games.

Years ago I queried the CP about streaming. Most the comments were negative.

If the games are shown on prime/peacock/NFL network, in theory about 6 to 8 games you will need those services. In the future how many more alternate platforms will NFL choose.

Therefore I ask the CP how best to watch games? Without cable/DirecTV/dish network.

One answer I understand as possible, YouTube TV. I've not very much experience with that. Additionally I believe it costs around 80 or $90 a month. But again, I would only use it to watch the Chiefs.

A friend of mine offered an alternative called VONWIK. From what I understand, they allow 23,000 channels, possibly a Canadian company?, That would allow me to watch the games. This cost $15 a month. Again with 23,000 channels. Also you can't PAUSE/RECORD the game. Dunno. My friend is going to test it again this weekend.

He stated Sunday ticket will show all the games, but he found Chiefs games were blacked out. Don't know.

With the advent of newer and newer technology every year, is there some way to watch the games at a reasonable price. I don't watch TV except for the games.

What say you CP members as ideas?
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Yesterday, 06:36 PM   #76
The Dude Abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteChief View Post
Find a college kid. Sunday ticket is $200. I screwed up and missed out on the $109 promotion.
Yeah…if you miss the promo, AND want just Chiefs games, NFL Ticket is good. Still miss the oddball “streaming” service games, unless you do the whole “trial” period, watch & ‘cancel’ approach. Unfortunately. Chiefs play some of the odd-ball streaming games…
Mr. Kotter has disabled reputation
Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM   #77
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
YouTubeTV with NFL ticket gets you most of the games, it's just that it is expensive.

Prime for Thursday and then whatever BS with some one off Peacock stuff.
Wow,that's ****ing nuts. Seriously, that's ****ing nuts...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM   #78
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Wow,that's ****ing nuts. Seriously, that's ****ing nuts...
Well it is nuts and its not getting better. But basically if you have YouTube TV for your basic service, that gets you NFL network. And at least in the past, that will get you the games after they are over. So even Thursday games get shown delayed.

So basically YouTube for basic cable and Sunday Ticket isn't much different than it's been for years with direct TV and ST.

There's the Thursday games you wouldn't get live unless you are already a Prime subscriber.

The Peacock stuff will no doubt get worse but that is only single digit games. Although obviously post season is a big deal.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM   #79
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
Well it is nuts and its not getting better. But basically if you have YouTube TV for your basic service, that gets you NFL network. And at least in the past, that will get you the games after they are over. So even Thursday games get shown delayed.

So basically YouTube for basic cable and Sunday Ticket isn't much different than it's been for years with direct TV and ST.

There's the Thursday games you wouldn't get live unless you are already a Prime subscriber.

The Peacock stuff will no doubt get worse but that is only single digit games. Although obviously post season is a big deal.
We've debted getting YTtv but haven't yet. That said, I spend a lot of time out of the country on trips so, for the purposes of watching games, it's not worth it. I'd rather just go to a bar here or outside of the country and take my chances on the game being on.

I'm sure the NFL is making money on the larger deal, but not from me.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 09:26 PM   #80
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan View Post
I use paramount plus for local games on cbs
I think this option hasn't got enough attention. That would get you the 7 (or 8, depending on where the week 18 game airs) CBS games for $6 a month.

Also our 4 NBC games are grouped in September and December, so you can get Peacock for just those two months ($8 per). And the Amazon Prime game streams free on Twitch. So that would get you probably 13 games, plus CBS playoff games, for $46.

Edit: I guess while I'm at it I should count the Christmas Netflix game for $7, and the likely NBC/Peacock playoff game for $8, for a total of $61. At the point you'd just be missing the Monday Night games and the SF game that's on Fox. And the Super Bowl, which is also on Fox.

Last edited by Jamie; Yesterday at 09:44 PM..
Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.