Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM  
Forever Royal

Are we worried about our offense?

Being only marginally better than last season? Worthy likely has a higher ceiling and more potential than Hardman but he is unlikely, at least for now, to be a 6-8 target a game guy as an option on the majority of passing plays. Rice is better than Rice last season so that's good. Kelce is probably worst though.

But mostly what I’m fearful about is that losing Brown is going to be a major impediment to the offense being noticeably better than last season. He was likely big in our schemes and philosophy. I know we typically struggle vs the Bengals but as of right now I'm not sure what would make me confident we dramatically improve over last season.

What does everyone think? How can we ensure the significant improvement over last season that it seems we might need?
mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 09:58 PM   #76
Starter

Yes somewhat. But we need to see more before there’s a panic.
Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.
Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM   #77
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
Being only marginally better than last season? Worthy likely has a higher ceiling and more potential than Hardman but he is unlikely, at least for now, to be a 6-8 target a game guy as an option on the majority of passing plays. Rice is better than Rice last season so that's good. Kelce is probably worst though.

But mostly what I’m fearful about is that losing Brown is going to be a major impediment to the offense being noticeably better than last season. He was likely big in our schemes and philosophy. I know we typically struggle vs the Bengals but as of right now I'm not sure what would make me confident we dramatically improve over last season.

What does everyone think? How can we ensure the significant improvement over last season that it seems we might need?
I think we might need to tade for a key WR. I know that’s dooming to a lot of people but I’m all about the threepeat having the best chance. Loved Rice today

Hopefully we find our stride
Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.
Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM   #78
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Playcalling really conservative too.

Always running on early downs.
I think that was bc they were playing cover 2 deep and had one less man to defend the run.

I think they mainly did it though bc they knew Hendrickson would be an incredibly tough matchup for Kingsley.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM   #79
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I think that was bc they were playing cover 2 deep and had one less man to defend the run.

I think they mainly did it though bc they knew Hendrickson would be an incredibly tough matchup for Kingsley.
I understand it and we did have success with it but it also limited our own passing attack numbers.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:09 PM   #80
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

The passing tree was bizarre today.

It was either deep shots or underneath quick screens… basically no intermediate slants/crossing patterns.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:13 PM   #81
Veteran

It's not going to be juggernaut I thought it might be with Holywood, and Kingsley and Morris are going to need more help. Hendricksen isn't the only good DE they'll face. Playcalling didn't always help imo, and Mahomes will have games where he's more patient
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Today, 01:37 AM   #82
YOU take YOUR seat

If they don't look better on offense against the Falcons, then I might worry a little. Not many receivers/tight ends were doing anything and Mahomes made 2 bad decisions that led to interceptions. That won't happen every game.
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:39 AM   #83
Champion Golfer Of The Year

No. After last year, the way defenses played against this offense, I'm not surprised that it's a bit of a sputtering engine.

But we have the guy, who can make the plays when it counts.

So... No.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old Today, 03:37 AM   #84
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Bengals probably don't have a good defense, they were pushed around by the Patriots upfront.
And people wonder why we ran the ball so much.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:25 AM   #85
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
No. After last year, the way defenses played against this offense, I'm not surprised that it's a bit of a sputtering engine.

So... No.
But it can’t be lost that we’re still missing a big piece. We need to get worthy to Mvs levels real quick. Until then we’re kind of the same as last year except rice is better and kelce is worse. And we have a better version of hardman but no Mvs. If we can get worthy to be Mvs and hardman to be hardman, that at least gets us to last year. But worthy also needs to be better than a guy who was cut because he wasn’t consistent enough
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 05:29 AM   #86
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post

So... No.
Need to be concerned with LT. Its a glaring weakness.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old Today, 05:33 AM   #87
In Search of a Life

Last year what got us out of the funk was rice becoming a legit WR midway through the season. But we never truly got comfortable until kelce hit superhero status in the very very last stretch of the season. We could give those guys 20+ targets and throw to the other guys only when defenses fell asleep on them.

Kelce has only 7 targets all year. So who’s getting targets after him? Not only do we not have targets to spread around but it makes it that much easier to really lock down rashee.

Ed reed recently said mahomes can be stopped if you just lock down his primary target. I don’t think that’s fair when you consider that nobody right now on the chiefs outside of rice and kelce would sniff TE1 or WR3 anywhere else. I think maybe the option is to just increase focus on juju until worthy is ready and just accept that this needs to be a long plodding offense (which is good enough to win but ugly at times) until worthy is up to speed.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 05:35 AM   #88
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Not sure why you wouldn't be a bit concerned. They haven't been as advertised and alot of that is no Hollywood and Travis Kelce being 35 years old.
The biggest problem with the offense is LT.
TEX has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:58 AM   #89
Veteran

The Bengals run a scheme that seems to frustrate the Chiefs offense. It looked like the same type of defense that frustrated them in the 2021 AFC Championship game. Rushing four and dropping seven. The Chiefs being in the shotgun really limits the run game and the delay runs just seem to allow the Bengals linebackers to recognize and crash down.

The turnovers are concerning and the lack of the midrange routes is puzzling. While we aren't discussing the defense, opposing tight ends are destroying this team.

It's great to be 2-0, this team is an inch and a flag away from being 0-2. While I don't care that fans believe the Chiefs are the next Patriots as far as flags go, something needs to be done with the zebras because they are really bad.

Oh yeah, LT is a problem. Not giving him help is a worse problem.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 05:59 AM   #90
__

I trust Reid/Heck to help Kingsley develop over the course of the season. Right now, he's the biggest weakness.

But we need to say the quiet part out loud: this team is deathly vulnerable to teams with a great edgerusher and good tight ends.

I am not someone prone to hyperbole after a game, because I think almost all issues with Mahomes/Reid/Spags can be ironed out.

But I don't know how you iron out Kingsley and these linebackers. I really don't.

Kingsley is going to get better, but he's still going to struggle against good-to-great DEs this season, no matter what. Bolton will get in better shape, but he and Chenal and Williams/Nazeeh are going to get roasted by good-to-great TEs all season, no matter what.

If that's the case, then we can make two assumptions about the rest of this season:

First: no team has a greater likelihood to hand us L's the rest of the way than the Raiders, who boast the best DE in the NFL and two really, really good TEs.

Second: the Chiefs have trotted out two subpar games against their two of their three biggest threats in the AFC (I'm counting the Texans as their third biggest threat), and they're 2-0 thanks to full team efforts, not because of Mahomes roasting everyone.

But this game showed some chinks in the armor. I'll need to see the All 22 but it sure looks like Anarumo did what he always does against KC: gave us light boxes to run on, and flooded the intermediate passing zones. He dared us to run on them, which we gladly did, and dared us to pass deep, which we rarely tried.

Losing Hollywood is a big blow, and the Chiefs may need to look into giving Hardman more snaps.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.