Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-22-2018, 02:30 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

**Official Chiefs 2018 Training Camp Thread**

A new era is born!

Mods please feel free to update this OP. Someone please put the twitter scroll in this post as well.'

Last edited by DaFace; 07-23-2018 at 09:07 AM..
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:47 PM   #871
MVP

Honestly if the argument is whether or not Dorsey drafted well I don't know who would argue with that. It was the other stuff. How he treated his co-workers, how he signed his players, his salary cap. That's why he's gone.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:05 PM   #872
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
No GM is perfect. There's always going to be some of that. You just don't want your whole draft class being that, which is basically what our '18 draft class is.

As Rain Man pointed out, our drafts were HIGHLY successful. Best in the league according to his metrics.

And the cap management thing? Again, what has Veach done that Dorsey wouldn't have?

Hali, DJ and Alex were always going to be cap casualties.

We rip Dorsey for inflated contracts, yet not one person in this conversation today has said shit about the Watkins deal.

Again, this is because Dorsey is no longer one of ours, therefore bad in hindsight. Veach IS one of ours, therefore wait and see and all things good.
Not many of the picks this year are projects. If anything it’s the opposite. High floor type guys
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:23 PM   #873
Supporter

Quote:
And a corner who gets beat like a drum before the pass rush can get there makes the pass rush look like shit. The end result is the same.

You need both. If you're going to play the scheme Sutton wants, you have to have both. Otherwise one aspect of your D gets sacrificed.
Sutton doesn't even know what scheme Sutton wants

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:49 PM   #874
Supporter

Quote:
Anyway, my argument here isn't to rip on Veach.

Not at all. The jury is still out on him.

My point is to demonstrate how hyper critical CP became regarding Dorsey after his firing, and how hypocritical we are for lavishing Veach with praise.

Trying to credit Veach for Mahomes is a perfect example of that.

Dorsey drafts Mahomes:

"Yay Dorsey. Best GM in our lifetime. Thanks for our very 1st 1st round QB, "Balla ass GM"

Dorsey gets fired:

Dorsey sucked. Mahomes was all Veach anyway

Are you trying to make 'Dorseysexual' a thing?
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:06 PM   #875
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
His wobbles get there faster than Huards fastball did for damn sure.
When thats our biggest problem, we're in a good spot

The amount of positive energy surrounding this team right now is truly something to behold, its oozing out of every twitter post up there

St Pat throws the most accurate duck ever

Kpass is dropping back into coverage for ints

Amerson is looking legit

Its hard to imagine camp looking any better, the renewed energy is palpable
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:22 PM   #876
pie is never free

Detoxing vs the world has hopefully run its course

Go get some decaff and take a deep breath, detox
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:24 PM   #877
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Detoxing vs the world has hopefully run its course

Go get some decaff and take a deep breath, detox
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:26 PM   #878
Andy Reid Supporter

Tom Peliserro will be at camp tomorrow and will speak with Mahomes
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:59 PM   #879
I've Made a Huge Mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
This entire conversation has been about the defense. The whole time. Even when I said Dorsey inherited a lot of talent.

And no, I’m not going to consider KPass as a greatly inherited talent until he proves it. Same goes for any other rookie.
What? How is a conversation about what Dorsey drafted only about the defense?

I agree with most of what detox is saying. I couldn't believe the about-face people made on Dorsey.

I will fully admit I didn't really grasp some of the cap trouble he created until after people broke it down post firing. But the narratives some have made about how guys Dorsey drafted were actually Veach finds or some other scouts find is crazy to me.

Guy drafted really well. We really aren't going to give him credit for Peters? 6 months ago we all would be listing him as an elite corner, no? His issues were something we could live with until the trade as far as I could see on this board.

I'm not down on this draft so I don't really agree with that however I fully side with the the idea of what happened here after Dorsey got fired.

I like what Veach has done. He has a direction and right now the team feels to have legitimate momentum even beyond Mahomes. Doesn't mean Dorsey was awful.

And by the way, most of the rest of the NFL thought the two contacts Veach gave out we're gross. I don't necessarily agree but Dorsey would have been skewered for those numbers. This whole post wasn't directed at you pugs fyi.
NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:03 PM   #880
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Tom Peliserro will be at camp tomorrow and will speak with Mahomes
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:04 PM   #881
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Anyway, my argument here isn't to rip on Veach.

Not at all. The jury is still out on him.

My point is to demonstrate how hyper critical CP became regarding Dorsey after his firing, and how hypocritical we are for lavishing Veach with praise.

Trying to credit Veach for Mahomes is a perfect example of that.

Dorsey drafts Mahomes:

"Yay Dorsey. Best GM in our lifetime. Thanks for our very 1st 1st round QB, "Balla ass GM"

Dorsey gets fired:

Dorsey sucked. Mahomes was all Veach anyway

I think it's ok to say that Dorsey was a good talent evaluator, but he didn't handle all aspects of General Managing well. Because really, it's the truth.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:17 PM   #882
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan View Post
Guy drafted really well. We really aren't going to give him credit for Peters? 6 months ago we all would be listing him as an elite corner, no? His issues were something we could live with until the trade as far as I could see on this board.
Handling Peters and keeping him content and productive was always part of the Peters equation. As with any draft pick with question marks, maintaining an environment where they can thrive is a consideration.

I don't knock Dorsey for identifying and drafting him. I knock the organization for not selling him on the franchise.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:26 PM   #883
Cool as a Cucumber

Xavier Williams: “My first Chiefs-Raiders game is my all-time favorite. I think I was in middle school, and I don’t remember much about it except for the atmosphere itself,” Williams said. “I don’t think either of the teams were having a very good year, but when that game came around, nobody cared. It was cranked up to the max and it was just an amazing atmosphere to be in.”

It was an experience that resonated with Williams even into his professional career.

“I’ve played against the Raiders before and it’s always a little bit in the back of my mind,” Williams explained. “I’ll be thinking how I just don’t like these guys, and now, being in the red and gold, that will add a whole new dynamic to it. You can really let that emotion well up and flow out of you. If you’re going to represent the city, you have to bring it if you’re playing against Oakland.”

https://www.chiefs.com/news/kansas-c...?sf194609422=1

OMG! We have a defensive player that has the Raider Hate! I know it's the homer site but it's pre-preseason and I'm soaking it up.
KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.KS Smitty has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:28 PM   #884
Sarcasm

**** ya. I’m officially an Xavier Williams fan.

Side note, I really love the attitude of our whole defense right now. We have a bunch of hungry hungry guys
KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:29 PM   #885
I've Made a Huge Mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Handling Peters and keeping him content and productive was always part of the Peters equation. As with any draft pick with question marks, maintaining an environment where they can thrive is a consideration.

I don't knock Dorsey for identifying and drafting him. I knock the organization for not selling him on the franchise.
For sure. They knew the risks, even went out of their way to explain how much research they did. I was pointing out that most people were fine with that risk, as was I, and now it's a black eye on Dorsey for some.
NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.