Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2023, 06:41 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-01-2023 at 11:09 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2023, 11:45 AM   #841
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
He’s our lone rookie chosen for the rookie photoshoots
You realize that they only invite offensive skill players and QBs, right?
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2023, 11:50 AM   #842
Andy Reid Supporter

It’s a real argument IMO. Even the best GM’s aren’t perfect. Veach has had two 2nd rd WR’s and thus far have not found a true hit.

I’d argue Mecole was a need pick that happened bc the Tyreek situation unfolded in real time so I can’t give them too much flak for that. Skyy is TBD but his rookie year was filled with struggles.

I think it stems from the fact that Andy is an all time great coach and we found Kelce, Tyreek and Hunt previously, so why haven’t we been able to since? It’s an interesting discussion, and I’d argue that Pacheco is just as good as Kareem was.

Fortunately Burt has found very talented contributors like McKinnon and Toney for cheap, but the argument for us not hitting on an above average weapon in the draft at WR is absolutely legit at this time
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 11:54 AM   #843
Sometimes it's black and white

I seem to remember a late round RB who was a real contributer late last season who has the making for being a stud this season.

But WRs are generally slow to develop in AR's offense and so far the last few drafts don't have a great deal to show compared to the general success at other positions.

Is it just the luck of small sample size or a deeper problem or is Skyy and Rice about to prove all that wrong.

Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-06-2023, 12:06 PM   #844
In Search of a Life

Quote:
It’s a real argument IMO. Even the best GM’s aren’t perfect. Veach has had two 2nd rd WR’s and thus far have not found a true hit.

I’d argue Mecole was a need pick that happened bc the Tyreek situation unfolded in real time so I can’t give them too much flak for that. Skyy is TBD but his rookie year was filled with struggles.

I think it stems from the fact that Andy is an all time great coach and we found Kelce, Tyreek and Hunt previously, so why haven’t we been able to since? It’s an interesting discussion, and I’d argue that Pacheco is just as good as Kareem was.

Fortunately Burt has found very talented contributors like McKinnon and Toney for cheap, but the argument for us not hitting on an above average weapon in the draft at WR is absolutely legit at this time
Nope, it's ****ing dumb.

I'll just repost this shit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
This has been discussed ad nauseaum.

The Chiefs have invested a grand total of 2 2nds and one 3rd on WRs in Reid's tenure (in terms of a significant investment), and one of those is exactly one ****ing year into his career.

This narrative is absolutely reeruned. The issue is a lack of investment in the position, not an inability to find WRs.

That's why you have to include guys that aren't even ****ing WRs to try to make your stupid point. What does CEH, Gray, etc. have to do with the Chiefs ability or lack thereof to draft WRs?

Side note, Gray has been a disappointment? What exactly are your expectations for a day 3 TE? Just a glimpse into the issue with people like yourself, which is absurd/unrealistic expectations.

Same with Demarcus Robinson, who was a fine day 3 pick at WR.

And yea guys like Chesson and Powell weren't very good. Huge shock there! Guess they should've found a couple more Tyreek's instead huh?

You're basically looking at Hardman and Conley. Those are the only guys that were taken earlier than day 3 and played long enough to judge. Hardman was far from a bust, and Conley wasn't that bad himself.

I really can't wait for this dumb narrative to die as quickly as the narrative about us drafting LBs, DEs, etc.
And if you want to expand this narrative to offensive weapons, it's even more reeruned considering he found a badass starting RB in the 7th round that just played a huge ****ing role in us winning a SB.

Maybe give Skyy more than a rookie season when he's burried on the depth chart? Maybe give Toney more than half a season? Maybe wait to see what Rice does?

We have 3 young talented WRs and people don't even have the patience to see how they develop.

Funny how you bring up no GM is perfect. Everybody is sucking Howie Roseman's dick (rightfull so), but let's not forget that this was also the narrative with him after the Eagles COMPLETELY whiffed on Reagor and Arcega-Whiteside. I mean, Hardman is a grand ****ing slam compared to those guys.

Last edited by staylor26; 05-06-2023 at 02:14 PM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 12:15 PM   #845
Andy Reid Supporter

Yeah you’re being a homer.

Commenting on the fact that two 2nd rd picks at WR haven’t worked out thus far doesn’t equal saying Veach sucks. It’s just the truth.

And in both cases, WR’s we passed on (DK Metcalf/George Pickens) have both worked out quite nicely.

We haven’t hit on a WR with two 2nd rd investments at this time. that’s just an undeniable fact. And no chicken littles shouldn’t take that as “omg Veach sucks!!!l”.

Like I said. Every GM has at least one position they struggle with. For Veach it’s been finding an above average WR in the draft. And really I hope that changes with Skyy and/or Rice
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 12:17 PM   #846
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Commenting on the fact that two 2nd rd picks at WR haven’t worked out this far doesn’t equal saying Veach sucks. It’s just the truth.

And in both cases, WR’s we passed on (DK Metcalf/George Pickens) have both worked out quite nicely.

We haven’t hit on a WR with two 2nd rd investments at this time. that’s just an undeniable fact. And no chicken littles shouldn’t take that as “omg Veach sucks!!!l”.

Like I said. Every GM has at least one position they struggle with. For Veach it’s been finding an above average WR in the draft. And really I hope that changes with Skyy and/or Rice
One of those ****ing guys is literally one season into his career.

So this entire narrative is really built around one ****ing guy. One. That's not a ****ing pattern.

Again, ****ing stupid, and you pull this homer shit with me evey ****ing time like it's an argument. This has nothing to do with being a homer, and everything to do with a dumb narrative that is easily taken down with any sort of critical thinking and logic.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 12:25 PM   #847
In Search of a Life

And yea, if Toney/Skyy/Rice all end up being disappointments, then have at it fellas. Then you will actually have something to bitch about.

My only point is that up until the last 2 years, the issue has been a lack of investment, not an inability to find WRs.

We finally invested in the position now, and people don't even have the patience to let things play out first.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 12:45 PM   #848
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
And yea, if Toney/Skyy/Rice all end up being disappointments, then have at it fellas. Then you will actually have something to bitch about.

My only point is that up until the last 2 years, the issue has been a lack of investment, not an inability to find WRs.

We finally invested in the position now, and people don't even have the patience to let things play out first.
Imagine if Toney/Skyy and Rice flopped but Justyn Ross and Ritchie James ended up Pro Bowlers. That'd be a fun time on here arguing the toss on whether Veach was a genius or a fool
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 12:46 PM   #849
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
Imagine if Toney/Skyy and Rice flopped but Justyn Ross and Ritchie James ended up Pro Bowlers. That'd be a fun time on here arguing the toss on whether Veach was a genius or a fool
Old 05-06-2023, 01:27 PM   #850
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Commenting on the fact that two 2nd rd picks at WR haven’t worked out thus far doesn’t equal saying Veach sucks. It’s just the truth.

Again, let's stop with the DK Metcalf comparison. There is no way we were ever going to draft him, EVER... Mecole was a break the glass emergency pick due to the Tyreek issue at the time. They were drafting a replacement for a likely Tyreek Hill suspension that didn't materialized. If it weren't for the Tyreek situation, we wouldn't have beeen looking at a WR in round 2 either...
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 01:49 PM   #851
MVP

Quote:
The rookies have officially landed in Kansas City ahead of the Chiefs’ rookie minicamp this weekend.

One of the first processes that the incoming draft class goes through is getting fitted for their equipment. The team released a video of a very excited Rashee Rice trying on his helmet for the first time.

The second-round draft pick out of SMU first picks up the helmet looking at it and chuckling to himself in disbelief. Then he gets a chance to try that bad boy on, which is when the dream really starts to set in for the rookie receiver.

“Yeah, I like that,” Rice said to the equipment staff. “Y’all like that? I love it, I love it. I don’t think I want to take it off.”

“What’s that feel like, Rashee,” asked the Cameraman.

“Man, words cannot explain,” Rice responded.

A pretty cool moment to kick off a weekend that is sure to have a few of them. It certainly won’t be the first time that a player realizes that their dream of playing in the NFL has finally arrived.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2023...fitting-video/
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2023, 02:37 PM   #852
In Search of a Life

Old 05-06-2023, 02:43 PM   #853
In Search of a Life

Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 06:01 PM   #854
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
I honestly think that Gray and Watson will be taking some of those JuJu touches, along with Rice. We're deeper than folks realize, IMO.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2023, 09:29 PM   #855
In Search of a Life

Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote