Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2023, 12:12 AM   #826
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
Hindsight is 20/20. But if everyone knew Chris Jones and his agents would pull their recent shenanigans, the KC front office would have traded Jones a couple years ago and found a way to keep Tyreek. It's a bummer that things played out like this with both guys.
Yeah - we played the cards we had and got boned on the River; shit happens.

Veach handled it correctly, though I guess you could argue that you should've extended Jones concurrently with a Hill trade (a year early prior to his career year shouldn't have been impossible) but its hard to know if that was something Jones was open to.

Mahomes/Kelce made the offense go more than Hill - if you had to pick only 3 guys from that roster to keep for the next 3 seasons, I think Veach picked the correct 3. And if they keep Hill and trade Jones, even for the same return as Hill (which seems unlikely), you likely STILL don't win a SB last season as Jones was absolutely vital in the post-season.

So I can't see any reason for loud complaint, really.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 12:22 AM   #827
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah - we played the cards we had and got boned on the River; shit happens.

Veach handled it correctly, though I guess you could argue that you should've extended Jones concurrently with a Hill trade (a year early prior to his career year shouldn't have been impossible) but its hard to know if that was something Jones was open to.

Mahomes/Kelce made the offense go more than Hill - if you had to pick only 3 guys from that roster to keep for the next 3 seasons, I think Veach picked the correct 3. And if they keep Hill and trade Jones, even for the same return as Hill (which seems unlikely), you likely STILL don't win a SB last season as Jones was absolutely vital in the post-season.

So I can't see any reason for loud complaint, really.
No complaint against Veach or Andy/Clark. Only complaints against Tyreek, Jones, their agents, and bad luck in general. Sad that it played out like that. It didn't have to be this way.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-12-2023, 04:37 AM   #828
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
Hindsight is 20/20. But if everyone knew Chris Jones and his agents would pull their recent shenanigans, the KC front office would have traded Jones a couple years ago and found a way to keep Tyreek. It's a bummer that things played out like this with both guys.
Never was going to happen even if they consulted Miss Cleo.

Tyreek wanted to reset the market at an absurd level. The Chiefs can't do that.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-12-2023, 05:02 AM   #829
Threepeat!

Jarvis Landry approves this thread.
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2023, 05:07 AM   #830
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Never was going to happen even if they consulted Miss Cleo.

Tyreek wanted to reset the market at an absurd level. The Chiefs can't do that.
Sure he wanted to GET PAID and threw $30MILLION out there, but didn't Tyreek himself say that he just wanted the Chiefs to get close? He said he went to bed and expected to get up in the morning with a new offer from the Chiefs, and expected to stay in KC. But KC did not counter. If the Chiefs had gotten close, it wouldn't have been a reset of the market. It would have been near the top for sure, but lower than Adams. I think if they would have gone up from 25 million to 28.5 that would have done it. You're right though in thst his price was too much, especially with Jones' upcoming contract looming.

Last edited by TEX; 09-12-2023 at 05:53 AM..
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 09-12-2023, 08:36 AM   #831
Black Bob's daddy

Ideally at least one of the WRs shows significant improvement this year to give hope that they can be a #1. Would probably need to end up in the range of 700-800 yards IMO along with some big impact moments. Otherwise I think you have to seriously consider making a move for a top WR via trade or FA next year. Kelce is highly likely to get dinged more and more and will probably see a decline in production sooner than later, but giving him help with a 1b option to Kelce as the 1a would allow KC to give Kelce a breather from time to time and hopefully extend his career. What we absolutely cannot do is go into another season with this many questions at WR, so whether the answer comes in the form of internal growth and development or outside help we need to have some clear answers in 2024 at WR.
OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-12-2023, 08:38 AM   #832
In Search of a Life

They went young at WR. You give them time to develop, then pivot if you need to.

I don't think they'll go to the WR well via trade and sign, way too expensive.

Maybe trade up in teh draft.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2023, 08:52 AM   #833
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
They went young at WR. You give them time to develop, then pivot if you need to.

I don't think they'll go to the WR well via trade and sign, way too expensive.

Maybe trade up in teh draft.
Let’s say hypothetically none of the WRs really develop enough this year to show that they’re a go to WR. If after multiple high picks at WR not developing as hoped I’m not sure going back to the draft and counting on an unproven rookie is the answer. We saw what happened without Kelce and a bunch of subpar receivers, I don’t think you want to see that happening again. We need at least 1 go to option in the passing game.

Ideally someone steps up and this all becomes moot, but if that isn’t the case I don’t think going young again or maintaining course is the right answer unless the question is how to piss off your franchise QB.
OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-12-2023, 09:27 AM   #834
In Search of a Life

Next years FA WR class is meh, unless Higgins makes it but man....that's not gonna be cheap.

I really don't know what you do. Maybe trade up for the best WR you can in teh first.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2023, 09:28 AM   #835
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Next years FA WR class is meh, unless Higgins makes it but man....that's not gonna be cheap.

I really don't know what you do. Maybe trade up for the best WR you can in teh first.
Higgins and Evans are two #1's (maybe lower end but for sure WR#1's)
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2023, 09:29 AM   #836
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
Higgins and Evans are two #1's (maybe lower end but for sure WR#1's)
Mike Evans is 31.

That's just not gonna happen.
Old 09-12-2023, 09:33 AM   #837
In Search of a Life

Chase Smith, Waddle, Lamb are coming up the year after.
Old 09-12-2023, 09:43 AM   #838
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:

I believe Calvin Ridley and Michael Pittman Jr are both currently scheduled for FA. Darnell Mooney could be an underrated/cheaper signing, as could Marquise Brown.

Trading is also an option. Maybe Brandon Aiyuk?
Old 09-12-2023, 09:44 AM   #839
In Search of a Life

Ridley would be interesting but he's about to be 30.

Aiyuk would probably require a trade and pay and I don't wanna do that for a WR>
Old 09-12-2023, 09:47 AM   #840
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Here's a question for CP...

MVS, Toney, Moore,
or
Rice, Ross, James???
I think its too early to tell. And believe me when I say that I like the potential of Rice and Ross.

IMO, Toney was probably brought back too soon. We've heard players talk about not having the right focus because they're still thinking about the injury. I wonder if that was the case with Toney. I still have hope that he can become a very good WR. But perhaps he should have been pulled during the game.

Moore was a bit of a disappointment. I wonder if he is simply just a slot receiver, at best. Still haven't given up on him but this was not a good start to his season.

Also, like someone else mentioned, Mahomes appeared to be a bit off like he was expecting pressure sooner than it actually came. That likely led to a few passes being not on target.

I still expect this WR group to be pretty good by the second half of the season.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.