Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:36 AM   #8356
Has a particular set of skills

18-49 year olds are 54% of the population that has tested positive for the coronavirus in NY state.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:38 AM   #8357
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
And? We've already seen reports out of states across the entire country, coast-coast.

You have no idea. If your argument is those numbers probably won't hold I will agree.

Otherwise you are just talking out of your ass at this point.
Which ones?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:39 AM   #8358
Now you've pissed me off!

BRC,

There is obviously a critical shortage of RTs in the US for this. I know that anesthesiologists and CRNAs can help fill some of that gap, but could an RT working remotely monitor multiple vents at once, giving instructions to lesser-trained healthcare workers (nurse's aids, LPNs) for the appropriate adjustments to serve as a sort of force multiplier?
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:40 AM   #8359
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
It’s shown to be sensitive to heat so if Mother Nature could help us out and turn the ****ing thermostat up that would help
If you want some evidence to support that, we still only have 1 case in the Florida Keys and that was a lady that got it while in the UK.

This is despite them taking cruise ships up until about a week ago and just now closing hotels and forcing tourists/spring breakers out.

It should’ve been spreading down here by now.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:44 AM   #8360
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
I’ve never been in a Costco in my life. Looks like that isn’t going to change.
It's actually pretty efficiently run in non-apocolyptic times... granted, I never went to the one in KC.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:44 AM   #8361
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
If you want some evidence to support that, we still only have 1 case in the Florida Keys and that was a lady that got it while in the UK.

This is despite them taking cruise ships up until about a week ago and just now closing hotels and forcing tourists/spring breakers out.

True, but we don't really know if it's not spreading or if it is and we just aren't testing for it yet.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:46 AM   #8362
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Which ones?
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:47 AM   #8363
In Search of a Life

Quote:
True, but we don't really know if it's not spreading or if it is and we just aren't testing for it yet.
I know a lot of people that work at the hospital and nothing has changed. I don’t know any locals that are or have gotten sick and this is a small town where we’d know if people were getting sick.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:47 AM   #8364
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Which ones have given an update today, and reported 0 new cases?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:49 AM   #8365
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I know a lot of people that work at the hospital and nothing has changed. I don’t know any locals that are or have gotten sick and this is a small town where we’d know if people were getting sick.
For sure, but we are now seeing reports that there are 30-40% of the infections being asymptomatic or mild symptoms.

So who knows at this point.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:50 AM   #8366
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Which ones have given an update today, and reported 0 new cases?
You mean you don't know? After you made 2 assumptions on why I reported was wrong you don't even know what you are referring too, do you? I told you which ones haven't. I think you should be able to figure out which ones had. WOW!

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:51 AM   #8367
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
It's not just about deaths but hospitalizations and intensive treatment requirements. And those with comorbidities, even if younger, will still require treatment, which soaks up already withering and limited resources.
I get that, but it's not what I was commenting on. Homeboy I originally replied to said young people are dying from it. I was simply pointing out that it doesn't appear to be killing young, otherwise healthy individuals.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I legitimately have not read of a single American death due to COVID of someone under 50 who didn't have some underlying health issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
my point is a lot of people have underlying health issues even under 50. you can't tell somebody has high blood pressure by looking at them.(educated guess maybe) you would be surprised how many people in their late 30s and 40s on blood pressure meds.

https://www.heart.org/idc/groups/hea...ucm_319587.pdf

and this is just hypertension, not including the others I listed
I understand that. Even less conspicuous issues could be present, like that article I originally quoted in which the 20 had leukemia and apparently didn't know it.

Has there been a documented case of a young person dying of COVID due to complications caused by hypertension? If that's the case then damn near the entire Western Hemisphere is ****ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Yeah but the ones that are not dying are losing between 20 to 40% of their lung function.
Has this been confirmed? If so, is the damage irreparable? I think the lungs are one of the few internal organs that can self-repair.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:52 AM   #8368
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:

Average March temperature in Australia is fairly close to Florida and they have over 1000 cases with an upward trajectory.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:52 AM   #8369
Supporter

Quote:
For sure, but we are now seeing reports that there are 30-40% of the infections being asymptomatic or mild symptoms.

Until you test 340 mil people, the asymptomatic thing is nothing more than speculation. We cannot let that paralyze us which it will at some point if we keep speculating.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:53 AM   #8370
In Search of a Life

Quote:

I’m in no way pretending that I know what I’m talking about when it comes to this stuff. I just find that really strange when we’ve had tourists down here for weeks. You’d think some people would be getting sick and showing symptoms by now.