Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2021, 05:37 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Falcons taking calls on Julio Jones

Quote:
A hamstring injury limited Jones to just nine games last season, though he still put up strong numbers when he was on the field. He caught 51 passes for 771 yards and three scores as the Falcons finished the year 4-12. From 2014-19, Jones missed only four games and averaged 104 catches and 1,564 yards per season. SI Link.

From Peter King:
Quote:
Surprises? Keep an eye on Atlanta. I can’t predict any bombshells. But a few things would not surprise me. Most notably, the Falcons putting the framework of a trade together for star wideout Julio Jones, and making the trade effective June 2. That way, Atlanta could split Jones’ cap charge between 2021 and 2022 instead of getting bashed with it all this year. So if such a trade happens, I expect it could involve a future pick or picks, nothing this year. (A future second-round pick as compensation seems fair to me.) Because such a trade wouldn’t be official till June, no picks in this draft could be involved. As for the interested team or teams, I would guess Las Vegas; Jon Gruden couldn’t resist Antonio Brown, and I doubt he could resist Julio Jones. New England too, and a couple of teams with clear receiver needs—Tennessee and Baltimore.

Now, the Falcons don’t really want to trade Julio Jones. He’s a franchise legend. But he’s 32, entering his 11th season, coming off a banged-up year with seven games missed due to injury, and the Falcons are in cap jail. If they could off-load his money and cushion it by splitting it between this year ($7.75 million) and next ($15.5 million), Atlanta’s cap charge on Jones this year goes down by a tad more than $15 million.

One final note here, to be very clear: I am not reporting the Falcons will trade Jones, or will probably trade Jones. I am saying it would not surprise me if it happened.

Last edited by Dante84; 04-26-2021 at 12:24 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 03:36 PM   #811
'Tis my eye!

100% apples and oranges.

You're talking about Jones' new contract LAST year. I'm talking about Chris Jones' salary conversion THIS year. Two completely different things.

And Jones' deal is also completely different. Younger, ascending player who is a physical freak vs aging vet with potential physical limitations.

Julio Jones is pure ****ing fantasy. The Chiefs can't afford it. You guys have lost your minds.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 03:37 PM   #812
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan View Post
You are literally pulling shit out of your ass.
Nope.

People thinking we can afford to sign Julio Jones are pulling shit out of their ass.

Keep dreaming. It's not going to happen.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 03:40 PM   #813
Supporter

Quote:
And you truly belong at Arrowhead Pride with the rest of the football dipshits
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 04:05 PM   #814
Banned

Quote:
Your opinion on this is shakey when you're trying to say that Julio (current version) is better than Devante Adams and DeAndre Hopkins. Even when he was healthy, those guys were probably still better all around WRs than him.

More importantly, there's plenty of vet WRs out there we can sign that won't cost us an arm and a leg (which JJ has had major problems with recently BTW).
mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.mkp785 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-25-2021, 04:11 PM   #815
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Because there was all kinds of smoke about Jones' new deal leading up to his new deal.

Everybody knew it was going to get done.

Conversely, every report we have on Matthieu is that they're not even close to agreeing to terms.

You seem willing to ignore reality, so it's really not worth discussing further.
What? He literally threatened to sit out Leveon Bell style a week or 2 before signing
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 04:14 PM   #816
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkp785 View Post
Your opinion on this is shakey when you're trying to say that Julio (current version) is better than Devante Adams and DeAndre Hopkins. Even when he was healthy, those guys were probably still better all around WRs than him.

More importantly, there's plenty of vet WRs out there we can sign that won't cost us an arm and a leg (which JJ has had major problems with recently BTW).
And despite all that, they all have around the same numbers last 3 seasons despite Julio missing 7 games last season (Devante is well ahead on touchdowns though)
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 04:23 PM   #817
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
And despite all that, they all have around the same numbers last 3 seasons despite Julio missing 7 games last season (Devante is well ahead on touchdowns though)
No point in trying to reason with them. They are utterly clueless.
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-25-2021, 04:41 PM   #818
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

I think the Steelers will be a dumpster fire this year so maybe they will be open to trading JuJu in-season as part of a fire sale.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 04:45 PM   #819
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
I think the Steelers will be a dumpster fire this year so maybe they will be open to trading JuJu in-season as part of a fire sale.
He's only signed for a year.
Old 05-25-2021, 04:56 PM   #820
Special Teams ACE!!!

Not to turn this into a Mathieu thread, but if it really does come down to Mathieu wanting the top safety contract and the Chiefs being unwilling to grant that to him, we're gonna be in a little bit of doo doo. Really hard to replace a player like Mathieu. We'll need to re-think and re-tool quite a lot of what we do on defense. There isn't really another player currently on the team or who I would expect to be within reach of obtaining next offseason who can do 50% of the job that Mathieu does.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 05:01 PM   #821
MVP

Jones would be a good get for the Chargers...kind of like the Watkins/Mahomes situation.

Herbert would be cheap for the duration of a Julio deal...gives their young QB some support.

Doubt he goes to the NFC...
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 05:03 PM   #822
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Not to turn this into a Mathieu thread, but if it really does come down to Mathieu wanting the top safety contract and the Chiefs being unwilling to grant that to him, we're gonna be in a little bit of doo doo. Really hard to replace a player like Mathieu. We'll need to re-think and re-tool quite a lot of what we do on defense. There isn't really another player currently on the team or who I would expect to be within reach of obtaining next offseason who can do 50% of the job that Mathieu does.
Way to stay on topic
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-25-2021, 05:16 PM   #823

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
The thing is, it can be made up in other places. Improve your offense and the defense has less pressure. Improve your pass rush and the secondary has less stress. I really hope we keep Honey Badger, but if we can’t it doesn’t necessarily mean we need another guy who does what he does.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 05:51 PM   #824
In Search of a Life

It seems this thread is at a standstill. The Julio detractors just keep repeating 15 million and make him out to be a broke dick.

Please close the thread- there is no hope. Chargers will sign him. Julio will put up 1500 yards and they will win the Super Bowl. Season is over.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 05:52 PM   #825
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin View Post
No, I get what you and ht are saying and I agree.

If we're talking a second round pick and a $15 mil. cap hit, the Chiefs simply cannot do that.

But for a 3rd and some salary cap offset (get him under $10 mil. this year), plus a depth WR (DRob?), then I think the juice might be worth the squeeze in that scenario . . . . . .
I think you've pretty much nailed the ZOPA.

Julio says he wants to play for a winner though. I think that's a key factor most are overlooking when they talk about possible destinations on TV. He already said live on air ~"He knows not to go to Dallas" [if he wants to win]. I think SF, TEN, IND, LAC are all out due to either a young or lame duck QB. CLE and ARZ aren't winners. Top destinations to win? KC, GB, BAL, BUF and NE but the Patriots also fall into the first category, BUF hasn't been tied to interest, BAL already tried and I'm not sure Julio would love that offense. Between KC and GB, which is known to be the more aggressive front office?

After this recent 40 yards dash stunt, I think it would be a 2nd or 3rd + Mecole.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.