Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2023, 06:41 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-01-2023 at 11:09 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2023, 09:08 AM   #796
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Draft gurus seldom do their own work. It seems half of these profiles were created by 2-3 guys and then the rest of the industry parrots them.

Brugler at least does his own stuff as does Waldman. I suspect a lot of the ESPN and nfl.com rankings are talking heads asking others and that's why the furious moving up and down the boards on guys just before the draft.
The furious moving up and down stems a lot from these "gurus" selectively hyping certain name players to get them more exposure. It's all about PR and money for them.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2023, 10:16 AM   #797
Veteran

I think Rice comes in on day one and is our best receiver at playing through contact - before, during, and after the catch. He has rare ability playing against physical DBs.

He might also be our best blocking receiver on day one.

He's good after the catch but Toney might be one of the best in the league at YAC.

I think with teams playing softer coverage against us, this is a great pick. He helps us right away blocking screens and sweeps, and can win underneath and after the catch. Not to mention I think he'll be great in the red zone.
wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 10:54 AM   #798
Threepeat!

T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2023, 10:59 AM   #799
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
The furious moving up and down stems a lot from these "gurus" selectively hyping certain name players to get them more exposure. It's all about PR and money for them.
Remember the 2017 draft and the media was claiming Mahomes was MOVING UP the boards?

He never moved anywhere. Dinosaur teams didn't like him because he wasn't PRO STYLE!! and the teams who understood what he was were always going to take him high in the draft. KC mentioned they liked him for years.

All that happened was the industry draft talk guys realized their assessments were too low.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 11:10 AM   #800
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachashi View Post
I think Rice comes in on day one and is our best receiver at playing through contact - before, during, and after the catch. He has rare ability playing against physical DBs.

He might also be our best blocking receiver on day one.

He's good after the catch but Toney might be one of the best in the league at YAC.

I think with teams playing softer coverage against us, this is a great pick. He helps us right away blocking screens and sweeps, and can win underneath and after the catch. Not to mention I think he'll be great in the red zone.
This is why I keep saying that he's something between what Watkins was and what he could've been.

We can use him REALLY similarly to how we used Watkins once he gets up to speed. And rookie or no, the system is the same to learn for rookies as it is for FA signings. If Watkins can pick it up quickly enough to be used in that capacity, so could Rice.

He's just gotta go do it...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2023, 11:13 AM   #801

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Remember the 2017 draft and the media was claiming Mahomes was MOVING UP the boards?

He never moved anywhere. Dinosaur teams didn't like him because he wasn't PRO STYLE!! and the teams who understood what he was were always going to take him high in the draft. KC mentioned they liked him for years.

All that happened was the industry draft talk guys realized their assessments were too low.
Yeah - guys don't 'move up' boards.

Sometimes a talking head gets a tip about where the player always was. Sometimes it's just a smokescreen.

But these guys set their boards weeks before the draft, months usually. They're 90% done after the medicals and a little extra film review made necessary by some combine results that suggest a player could be a little better or worse than you thought (so you go re-analyze his film).

But his idea that teams are just out there moving guys up and down their draft boards 72 hours prior to the pick is silly, absent an instagram photo of you getting high in a gas mask a week before the draft. There hasn't been anything new to learn in weeks. These boards are set.

"Moving up boards" is the most annoying thing these guys ever say.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2023, 11:32 AM   #802
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
This is why I keep saying that he's something between what Watkins was and what he could've been.

We can use him REALLY similarly to how we used Watkins once he gets up to speed. And rookie or no, the system is the same to learn for rookies as it is for FA signings. If Watkins can pick it up quickly enough to be used in that capacity, so could Rice.

He's just gotta go do it...
Andy's offense is too hard for rookies to learn. Takes them a while, haven't you heard.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2023, 11:37 AM   #803

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Andy's offense is too hard for rookies to learn. Takes them a while, haven't you heard.
The real problem is that it takes so long to earn PM's trust...

Well shit.
Old 05-04-2023, 11:45 AM   #804
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-post Tom View Post
I see this and all I think is Rashee Rice played against some very poor, sub par AAC defenders who maybe, maybe are USFL bound if they are lucky, and Tillman was playing against a bunch of SEC players who were going to the NFL.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-04-2023, 11:48 AM   #805
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
I see this and all I think is Rashee Rice played against some very poor, sub par AAC defenders who maybe, maybe are USFL bound if they are lucky, and Tillman was playing against a bunch of SEC players who were going to the NFL.
God damn you're insufferable.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2023, 12:19 PM   #806
In Search of a Life

staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2023, 01:16 PM   #807
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
God damn you're insufferable.
Ok, I have to admit that I laughed while I was typing that.

The truth is that the AAC is not comparable to the SEC.

Mahomes threw a pass to Marcus Kemp in the AFC Championship game. Mahomes played one regular game with Albert Wilson and Wilson got paid by Miami.

I think that Rice is going to be good in this offense, with Mahomes and Reid. I like Rashee Rice, as I have said over and over.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-04-2023, 01:19 PM   #808
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
The real problem is that it takes so long to earn PM's trust...

Well shit.
You're basically a Moore fan but with Rice now.

Time is a flat circle.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2023, 01:34 PM   #809

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
You're basically a Moore fan but with Rice now.

Time is a flat circle.
Correct.

But it's because I think Rice is a better prospect and the arguments used to prop Moore up don't really apply.

I just didn't think Moore was a top 50 guy; more like top 100ish. And that level of prospect shouldn't create high expectations in year 1.

He did. They weren't met. But he can still be productive going forward.

Rice, as a better prospect, should engender higher expectations and I think he'll meet them.

I'm making the same arguments I made last season - I just think Rice is better and has a more adaptable skill-set to immediately contribute.
Old 05-04-2023, 01:37 PM   #810
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
Ok, I have to admit that I laughed while I was typing that.

The truth is that the AAC is not comparable to the SEC.

Mahomes threw a pass to Marcus Kemp in the AFC Championship game. Mahomes played one regular game with Albert Wilson and Wilson got paid by Miami.

I think that Rice is going to be good in this offense, with Mahomes and Reid. I like Rashee Rice, as I have said over and over.
Rashee Rice had almost 200 yards against a Maryland defense with a 1st round CB and a 2nd round CB.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote