Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-22-2018, 02:30 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

**Official Chiefs 2018 Training Camp Thread**

A new era is born!

Mods please feel free to update this OP. Someone please put the twitter scroll in this post as well.'

Last edited by DaFace; 07-23-2018 at 09:07 AM..
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:12 PM   #796
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckweath View Post
In five years of drafting (not having 2nd round picks for his first two years):

- He made the right choice between Fisher and Joeckel
- Kelce a top 3 TE in the 3rd round
- Hill a borderline top 10 WR in the 5th round
- LDT a solid guard in the 6th round
- Fulton a decent guard who has just cashed in 4 y/28M in the 6th round
- Chris Jones a top young DL in the 2nd round
- Peters is Peters
- Conley/Robinson as solid WR picks for 3rd and 4th round picks
- Nelson a decent late 3rd round pick started at CB
- Mahomes
- Hunt
- Kpassagnon (remains to be seen but I have a feeling he will be good)

Just name me one team which has drafted better in the last few years. I will wait.

For some reason, a lot of fans have unrealistic expectations when it comes to the draft.
Definitely some good picks. But compared to other top teams around the league, I dunno that it’s crazy to say it’s nearly the same.

He definitely had an eye for talent. The cap stuff got him in trouble and apparently his interactions with others or whatever.

I liked him here for sure.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:13 PM   #797
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
No, no the **** it doesn't. Again, this is you being glass half full. IMO, this draft reeks of scouting arrogance. A bunch of small school prospects. We'll see of course, but there's no way in hell you can look at this draft class and call it decent.

Maybe it turns out that way, it's impossible to know. But purely from a big name, high pedigree stand point, this draft sucked. There's no blue chippers in there that you can say, "Yup, that guy will be good. For sure."
Who are these small school prospects you’re talking about?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:15 PM   #798
In Search of a Life

There’s one 6th rounder from a small school. Other than that...?
Old 07-31-2018, 03:20 PM   #799
Veteran

Quote:
No, no the **** it doesn't. Again, this is you being glass half full. IMO, this draft reeks of scouting arrogance. A bunch of small school prospects. We'll see of course, but there's no way in hell you can look at this draft class and call it decent.

Maybe it turns out that way, it's impossible to know. But purely from a big name, high pedigree stand point, this draft sucked. There's no blue chippers in there that you can say, "Yup, that guy will be good. For sure."
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I don't know which small schools he is referring to either:

Breeland Speaks- Ole Miss
Derrick Nnadi- Florida State
Dorian O'Daniel- Clemson
Armani Watts- Texas A&M
Tremon Smith- Central Arkansas
Khalil McKenzie- Tennessee

Literally only Tremon Smith is who I'd consider a small school prospect- interestingly enough Tremon Smith has a lot more hype surrounding him than the other draft picks.
Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.Shoes would the whole thing.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:22 PM   #800
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
I don't know which small schools he is referring to either:

Breeland Speaks- Ole Miss
Derrick Nnadi- Florida State
Dorian O'Daniel- Clemson
Armani Watts- Texas A&M
Tremon Smith- Central Arkansas
Khalil McKenzie- Tennessee

Literally only Tremon Smith is who I'd consider a small school prospect- interestingly enough Tremon Smith has a lot more hype surrounding him than the other draft picks.
Alright, touche.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:22 PM   #801
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Veach brought him to forefront and statements like "one of the best players I've scouted" dude. you are skewing the narrative.
Lmao you're trying so hard to convince yourself of this.
Posted via Mobile Device
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:24 PM   #802
In Search of a Life

I’m not the biggest fan of this draft either but after years of watching it I realized I don’t have a damn clue and I’ll just sit back and see how it goes
Old 07-31-2018, 03:27 PM   #803
Supporter

I think it's pretty damn early to be confident in any position about the results of the 2018 draft. It's a week into camp.....
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:32 PM   #804
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:

With the exception of the "bunch of small school prospects" thing, this was my initial reaction to Veach's first draft as well. All the talk about how he was going to be aggressive was definitely true, but I can't help in thinking he got tunnel vision on one or two prospects he believed in and just gunned for them, letting the rest of the draft fall where it may.

That's fine if he believes in Breeland Speaks. I would still question using our original 2nd on him like I did Kpassagnon because I think Speaks has the same issues working against him, but I'm certainly willing to entertain that I could be guilty of closed-minded thinking. But it wasn't just that either--- Veach TRADED UP for Speaks. It's like he had his board, and he had one primary objective: Get Speaks and **** everything else. He did that a couple times in this draft, even in the 6th round when he went up for McKenzie (although it becomes more advantageous to trust your scouting gut in the later rounds than it is to leave yourself with lots of options in how your board is set up).

I don't agree with something that somebody said that he didn't have much to work with this year. He had 8 picks. He SPENT two of them to trade up, and in each instance he wasn't trading into a round, he was just leaping ahead a few selections so he could be certain one of his scouting prizes was going to be there.

He definitely needs to learn that sometimes you just have to take a ****ing chill pill and trust that your draft board is tiered correctly.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:33 PM   #805

I was wrong about the small school prospect thing, probably because in my head they're a bunch of small name guys, regardless of where they attended.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:35 PM   #806
MVP

Quote:

I'm curious which guys drafted after pick 46 you consider "blue chippers who will for sure be good".

Please make sure they're defensive guys in positions of need.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:37 PM   #807
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Personally, I think it’s stupid as **** to even try to evaluate a draft before we’ve watched them play a down. Too many guys bust that we’re supposed to be sure things, and too many guys break out that were taken on day three.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:37 PM   #808

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
With the exception of the "bunch of small school prospects" thing, this was my initial reaction to Veach's first draft as well. All the talk about how he was going to be aggressive was definitely true, but I can't help in thinking he got tunnel vision on one or two prospects he believed in and just gunned for them, letting the rest of the draft fall where it may.

That's fine if he believes in Breeland Speaks. I would still question using our original 2nd on him like I did Kpassagnon because I think Speaks has the same issues working against him, but I'm certainly willing to entertain that I could be guilty of closed-minded thinking. But it wasn't just that either--- Veach TRADED UP for Speaks. It's like he had his board, and he had one primary objective: Get Speaks and **** everything else. He did that a couple times in this draft, even in the 6th round when he went up for McKenzie (although it becomes more advantageous to trust your scouting gut in the later rounds than it is to leave yourself with lots of options in how your board is set up).

I don't agree with something that somebody said that he didn't have much to work with this year. He had 8 picks. He SPENT two of them to trade up, and in each instance he wasn't trading into a round, he was just leaping ahead a few selections so he could be certain one of his scouting prizes was going to be there.

He definitely needs to learn that sometimes you just have to take a ****ing chill pill and trust that your draft board is tiered correctly.
McKenzie is a great example of what i mean when i say scouting arrogance. I see a draft chalked full of players that weren't particularly productive and didn't do a whole lot on the college level, but instead are guys that can maybe be a "diamond in the rough" if they pan out.

This draft, for whatever reason, reminded me of the Chargers drafts under A.J Smith, in which AJ thought he was smarter than everyone else.

Maybe he IS smarter than everyone else, we'll see. But on paper, this draft is a bunch of hope and prayers.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:39 PM   #809

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
I'm curious which guys drafted after pick 46 you consider "blue chippers who will for sure be good".

Please make sure they're defensive guys in positions of need.
Why 46? He couldn't move up?

And why do they have to be defensive players in a position of need?

I don't agree with drafting for need. IF Veach is a draft for need kinda guy, we're in trouble.

Most of the best players on this team weren't drafted as immediate needs. BPA.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:40 PM   #810

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Personally, I think it’s stupid as **** to even try to evaluate a draft before we’ve watched them play a down. Too many guys bust that we’re supposed to be sure things, and too many guys break out that were taken on day three.
No one has evaluated them yet in the NFL. That's clearly impossible for us to do. Hence, "On paper".