Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-12-2014, 03:17 PM  
Supporter

Adrian Peterson Indicted

Reckless/negligent injury to a child. Indicted.

This league may not be able to sustain too many more of these black eyes. It's a mess.
doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:17 PM   #766
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
eduction

it means electronic duction

but what is duction?
We didn't have no electronic duction in my day. We had to rub magnets together under high tension wires for that.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 09-15-2014, 03:32 PM   #767
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post

Obviously we are getting off track, I was simply responding to the large number of "this isn't 1965 anymore" comments because I think that in itself is a seriously lame argument.

Not everything we did in 1965 (before I was born BTW) was wrong or has no merit today. I am not an old fuddy dutty, I ma 43 years old for Christ sake. I just see some disturning trends and feel our liberal shift has created much of it.
Not everything. Sure.

But a shit ton was wrong.

Whipping/whopping/popping your kids or whatever the **** you want to call it is one of those things that IS wrong.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:35 PM   #768
remember, remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by kysirsoze View Post
KIDS TODAY DON'T EVEN HAVE BOOTSTRAPS!
when I was a kid we were too poor for bootstraps :/
Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.Ebolapox is too fat/Omaha.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:36 PM   #769
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR View Post
Not everything. Sure.

But a shit ton was wrong.

Whipping/whopping/popping your kids or whatever the **** you want to call it is one of those things that IS wrong.
"your opinion is wrong"

LOL
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:38 PM   #770
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
"your opinion is wrong"

LOL
There are some things that aren't a matter of "just live and let live."

Beating children is one of those things.

Call that an opinion if you like, but also realize what you're saying is okay for some parents to do.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:40 PM   #771
Now you've pissed me off!

Sometimes it's just best to sit back and watch dumb****ery unfold all on its own.

Thanks, Marcellus:

'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:47 PM   #772
It's just a ride.

The thing about people with bad opinions is they have a knack for being very persistent.
Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #773
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
There are some things that aren't a matter of "just live and let live."

Beating children is one of those things.

Call that an opinion if you like, but also realize what you're saying is okay for some parents to do.
Nice straw man, chief

EVen these so called "studies" you claim to have read that you claim all support your "opinion" even have a problem defining the difference between beating and corporal punishment.

You are (like most ignorant people) simplifying an extremely complex situation

NO ONE sane is advocating "beating" their child....Its the definition of acceptable corporal punishment that people are discussing. I have repeatedly said I am not in favor of child abuse or anything against the law. The fact you feel the need to build this straw man to knock down shows the weakness of your position.

I could undersdtand you saying " I would never lay a hand on my child" Thats reasonable...

Then you have me at "I can understand others laying a hand on their children, even though I am personally against it"

I am with you on those two statements 100%

I am also with you on "if you beat / abuse your child, you are WRONG" or "if you use a tool and leave marks, it is wrong"

Where you lose me is you seem to think that every single person using a spoon or paddle, even if they do not inflict lasting pain or marks with it, even if it might actually be LESS painful and easier to make a loud noise but ensure no marks or damage.....that every person who choses this route is "wrong" or "bad"....

My argument is simply that it doesnt matter if you use a belt, hand, switch......or no spanking at all...You can still abuse a child without any of these things...and you can use a paddle and NOT abuse your child.

Your 'black and white' view of things is what is outdated / uneducated...NOT the paddle.
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #774
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
My argument is simply that it doesnt matter if you use a belt, hand, switch......or no spanking at all...You can still abuse a child without any of these things...and you can use a paddle and NOT abuse your child.

Your 'black and white' view of things is what is outdated / uneducated...NOT the paddle.
I agree with this.

And I think each kid is his own case. My brother wasn't a kid you had to spank for him to listen.

I was. I was a little ****-head as a kid...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:52 PM   #775
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
Sometimes it's just best to sit back and watch dumb****ery unfold all on its own.

Thanks, Marcellus:

I haven't said anything stupid or outlandish.

Just because you don't agree doesn't make it dumb.

Like I predicted before, this is CP so everything has to be extreme. Because I am not totally outraged and don't think AP needs to go to prison then I am pro child abuse right.

My view is this and you can't really dispute it though you will make statements on your opinion as if its fact.

• Corporal punishment is not necessarily a bad thing. Notice I didn't say beating your kids or abusing them. And never have said that was ok.
  • I don't think society as a whole is in a better place than 1965 and I don't see how anyone could prove that it is.
  • I don't think kids today are raised better then they were in 1965. Again I don't see how you can disprove that.
  • I believe there are disturbing trends in society that can be tied to lack of discipline and personal accountability. Is that directly tied to a lack of corporal punishment? I don't know. Neither do you. We know what you OPINION is.
None of that is outlandish or dumb.

But hey since my views don't align with the libtards in this thread then lets make sure to ridicule typos or throw out stupid insults in typical CP manner.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:54 PM   #776
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
**** that shit. He does his own clothes and he cooks for us. Does shit around the house and yard. Retro fitted a boat dock. Fixed the in ground sprinkler system etc. No free rides. School is more important because its your future but even though you don't have to work a shitty job to pay for a shitty apartment while in school doesn't mean a free ride. We all have freight to pay.
You'd be amazed how much a shitty job prepares you for your future.

You seem like an outstanding parent, don't misinterpret me...i just think shitty jobs are things that build character.
Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #777
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebolapox View Post
when I was a kid we were too poor for bootstraps :/
back in my day, we didn't have boot straps. we had to staple banana peels to our ankles to pick ourselves up. AND WE LIKED IT
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:23 PM   #778
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 View Post
You'd be amazed how much a shitty job prepares you for your future.

You seem like an outstanding parent, don't misinterpret me...i just think shitty jobs are things that build character.
I'd agree.

I've had about 35 jobs in my life and after each one I said "I'll never do X again."
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:24 PM   #779
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
EVen these so called "studies" you claim to have read that you claim all support your "opinion" even have a problem defining the difference between beating and corporal punishment.
Not true. Have you even read some of them? You said you did the research. To be honest, most of these studies talk about spanking, specifically. And that is clearly defined.

Those that talk about child abuse will come out and DEFINE child abuse. They will for the most part exclude spanking, and if they don't, they clearly say, "Spanking is included in this term."

Quote:
Where you lose me is you seem to think that every single person using a spoon or paddle, even if they do not inflict lasting pain or marks with it, even if it might actually be LESS painful and easier to make a loud noise but ensure no marks or damage.....that every person who choses this route is "wrong" or "bad"....

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=674

Respond to this post. That's where I'm drawing a line between spanking and whipping.

I also got tired of identifying the term as "disciplining kids with an object" so I said "beating" just once, and you freaked out over that. I'm pretty sure that's the only time I've ever done that in this thread. I'm not being ignorant or using a straw man. I KNOW what the definitions are, and I think I've proven that over the hundreds of posts in this thread.

The rest of this is more hogwash of "You don't know, man! You can't judge X behavior!" I absolutely can. I demonstrated my reasoning. Nobody has yet to come up with an argument against it other than "My how very presumptuous of you to judge how people raise their children!" You're the only one thus far to bring up something legit for me to consider, which is "does using an implement actually hurt more than an open hand?"

Obviously you can make it so the paddle or spoon doesn't hurt. Do parents who use those objects actually do that? I seriously ****ing doubt it. Why use those objects in the first place, then? Not using your full strength in a swat or whip doesn't mean you're using it responsibly or effectively. In the case of paddles/spoons/dildos whatever the **** someone wants to hit your kids with, the psychological damage IS most of the damage, even when pain is caused.

AP's son's wounds will heal. How he looks at his father and himself as a human being will not. It's going to be different.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:41 PM   #780
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:

The rest of this is more hogwash of "You don't know, man! You can't judge X behavior!" I absolutely can.
That's actually not at all what I said. What I said that it isnt always abuse when you use a paddle...and its not always NOT abuse when you just use your voice.

Feel free to keep making straw men though. Theyre much easier to battle.