Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-02-2022, 08:51 AM  
Supporter

***** All things Fitness *****

2022 getting and staying fit thread!
penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 08:09 AM   #766
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Figured this out. It wasn't my biceps. It was my left triceps that is bigger than my right. Was looking at my arms in the mirror the other night and saw that I have nearly a full horseshoe in my left triceps, but only about half of one in my right one. Problem solved, lol. (yes, I was flexing)

Weird though, because I do exactly the same number of reps on both sides every time. Now I guess I have to remember to do extra reps on the right for awhile.
It's genetic. Most likely you will never have them be symmetrical.
penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 08:14 AM   #767
George Brett shit his pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Been out of the running game awhile; never even heard of Hokas. If they’re just some generic tennis shoe, chuck them and get a real pair of runners.

You should always replace the stock insoles with something designed for your foot and the type of running you’re going to do. I used to use Greenfeet, don’t know if they’re still considered a good insole, or if there’s significantly better at the same price range. But get some.

It sounds like you’re landing too hard, maybe overpronating/bouncing too much, causing that pain in your shins and toe; but without seeing your stride I’m flat guessing.

If you have a HS nearby with X-C or track team, try to talk with the coach. Maybe he/she could look at your stride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Go to a running store. They'll measure your feet and give you recommendations.
Yes I went to the Running Spot and I spent a pretty penny, like $280. Apparently I have severely arched feet. I HAD running shoes already but now I have a Brooks pair that is more contoured to my feet and have insoles that help with arch support and the difference is night and day! I have never been able to run over 2 miles without stopping before and the first time I tried them I ran 3.5 miles. It turns out it wasn't my heart or lungs after all. It was just my feet and legs were ****ing me over. They thought that was what was probably causing me shin splints when I first started a few months ago and now moved to more my achilles & numbing of toes. If I keep at this running thing I could even get custom orthopedics for like $480 lol and it would be even better but I'm sure law of diminishing returns.

I am ready to fly now!

Based on my reading on some running forums it appears in general for distance running high arches without the right support can give you achillies issues and shin splints and flat feet can be more knee problems. My knees are great so that tracks.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:49 AM   #768
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
It's genetic. Most likely you will never have them be symmetrical.
I have slightly asymmetrical abs. Really pisses me off that you can’t do anything about your insertions.

I’ve also never had the Adonis belt and I think that would look pretty rad on me.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:40 AM   #769
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Yes I went to the Running Spot and I spent a pretty penny, like $280. Apparently I have severely arched feet. I HAD running shoes already but now I have a Brooks pair that is more contoured to my feet and have insoles that help with arch support and the difference is night and day! I have never been able to run over 2 miles without stopping before and the first time I tried them I ran 3.5 miles. It turns out it wasn't my heart or lungs after all. It was just my feet and legs were ****ing me over. They thought that was what was probably causing me shin splints when I first started a few months ago and now moved to more my achilles & numbing of toes. If I keep at this running thing I could even get custom orthopedics for like $480 lol and it would be even better but I'm sure law of diminishing returns.

I am ready to fly now!

Based on my reading on some running forums it appears in general for distance running high arches without the right support can give you achillies issues and shin splints and flat feet can be more knee problems. My knees are great so that tracks.
FYI, shoes are what causes the issues you are seeing.
Old Today, 10:22 AM   #770
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Seems like you already know the point of those machines then
Not really -Queen- I'm not sure the point of the seat lifting up when I'm pulling down on the lat pull
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:25 AM   #771
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Not really -Queen- I'm not sure the point of the seat lifting up when I'm pulling down on the lat pull
Ahhh, those machines.... They are trash. Use the static machines or hammer strength if your gym has them.
Old Today, 10:35 AM   #772
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
Ahhh, those machines.... They are trash. Use the static machines or hammer strength if your gym has them.
I do the hammer ones for incline press and love it
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.