Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-30-2021, 07:26 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Creed Humphrey Thread*****

More to come!

All the fun draft stuff below.

Spoiler!

Last edited by Dante84; 12-07-2021 at 02:38 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2024, 09:50 PM   #766
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post
PFF Center Rankings: Top 32 ahead of the 2024 NFL season

1. CREED HUMPHREY, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Humphrey surpassed Jason Kelce as the game’s best center in our 2023 rankings, and with Kelce now retired, Humphrey is the clear best center in the NFL. He allowed just 16 pressures in 2023, and his 78.2 overall grade ranked seventh at the position.

And bringing up the next-to-bottom of the field....

31. LUKE WATTENBERG, DENVER BRONCOS
Wattenberg has yet to make an impact for the Broncos since he was drafted in the fifth round in 2022. When he’s been on the field, Wattenberg has struggled, earning a 45.8 grade in 2022 and 2023. Despite that, Denver has him pegged as its starting center heading in 2024. The team will hope for big improvements.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-center-...n=june_13_2024
Yep, the Chiefs are re-signing Creed
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2024, 10:13 PM   #767
In Search of a Life

But Eric Eager said the Chiefs were going to draft not one, but two centers.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2024, 10:32 PM   #768
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post
PFF Center Rankings: Top 32 ahead of the 2024 NFL season

1. CREED HUMPHREY, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Humphrey surpassed Jason Kelce as the game’s best center in our 2023 rankings, and with Kelce now retired, Humphrey is the clear best center in the NFL. He allowed just 16 pressures in 2023, and his 78.2 overall grade ranked seventh at the position.

And bringing up the next-to-bottom of the field....

31. LUKE WATTENBERG, DENVER BRONCOS
Wattenberg has yet to make an impact for the Broncos since he was drafted in the fifth round in 2022. When he’s been on the field, Wattenberg has struggled, earning a 45.8 grade in 2022 and 2023. Despite that, Denver has him pegged as its starting center heading in 2024. The team will hope for big improvements.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-center-...n=june_13_2024
Apparently not good enough to be good at picking up 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1s with smashmouth football.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2024, 12:52 AM   #769
EvOlVeD

the only knock on him that i have is he must have short arms as he can't keep his helmet behind the line of scrimmage
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-14-2024, 04:09 AM   #770
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
But Eric Eager said the Chiefs were going to draft not one, but two centers.
They did draft one, but he’s got a very high ceiling. Hate to say it but I think Creed is a goner next year, he’s going to get a ridiculous offer from someone and I don’t think the Chiefs will even be close. I don’t see how you drop $15 million a year on a center in this offense, which is the bare minimum Creed is going to get.

They let Rodney Hudson walk, they let Mitch Morse walk, and we won our first Super Bowl with a street free agent at center. Unless they’re planning on moving on from Thuney, but with such a young LT that seems unlikely. We’ll see, but just going by the trends they’ve already set it seems like he’s probably gone.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 05:55 AM   #771
sorta mod-ish

The only additional thing I ask from Creed this season is for all of his shotgun snaps to hit Mahomes between the 1 and the 5.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 7 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 08:02 AM   #772
Veteran

Watching clips of him in his first training camp was unreal. His lateral quickness in 1-on-1 drills was off the charts.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 06-14-2024, 09:46 AM   #773
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
They did draft one, but he’s got a very high ceiling. Hate to say it but I think Creed is a goner next year, he’s going to get a ridiculous offer from someone and I don’t think the Chiefs will even be close. I don’t see how you drop $15 million a year on a center in this offense, which is the bare minimum Creed is going to get.

They let Rodney Hudson walk, they let Mitch Morse walk, and we won our first Super Bowl with a street free agent at center. Unless they’re planning on moving on from Thuney, but with such a young LT that seems unlikely. We’ll see, but just going by the trends they’ve already set it seems like he’s probably gone.
I get the sentiment, and Reid's history disagrees with me, but I feel like Creed and Bolton stay, and Trey moves on elsewhere with Nourzad taking Trey's spot.

I also think there's a much higher than not probability that Thuney is gone next year though. We'll save 16M and if my memory serves me correct, we're already gonna be up against the cap next year.
kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 09:50 AM   #774
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcgreene View Post
I get the sentiment, and Reid's history disagrees with me, but I feel like Creed and Bolton stay, and Trey moves on elsewhere with Nourzad taking Trey's spot.

I also think there's a much higher than not probability that Thuney is gone next year though. We'll save 16M and if my memory serves me correct, we're already gonna be up against the cap next year.
Thuney is 100% gone after this year. And we'll need to get some extensions done sooner rather than later.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 11:19 AM   #775
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcgreene View Post

I totally hope that’s the case, just going by past history and what I expect Creed’s market to be at a position this organization hasn’t shown a lot of value in from a monetary standpoint. They know they can plug and play guys, but Creed is definitely a rare breed, even better than Morse and Hudson were. It will be interesting to see how they handle things.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 02:00 PM   #776
YOU take YOUR seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
The only additional thing I ask from Creed this season is for all of his shotgun snaps to hit Mahomes between the 1 and the 5.
ya the low snaps were noticeable. But he's still the best center in the league and I would have no issue if they gave him a contract and I'll trust Veach if they don't.
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 04:50 PM   #777
El Gato Gordo Loco

Paying a center elite money is like paying top dollar for this offense to get a RB who isn't a threat to pass catch. It would be a terrible use of funds.

We don't run the push tush.
We don't QB sneak.
We pass more than almost any other team in the league.

I can't think of many things dumber than paying Creed Humphrey to be the highest paid center in the league.

Let his ass walk.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-15-2024, 10:13 AM   #778
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Paying a center elite money is like paying top dollar for this offense to get a RB who isn't a threat to pass catch. It would be a terrible use of funds.

We don't run the push tush.
We don't QB sneak.
We pass more than almost any other team in the league.

I can't think of many things dumber than paying Creed Humphrey to be the highest paid center in the league.

Let his ass walk.
you are lucky we live in a free country or else comments like that will get you thrown in the gulag.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 10:34 AM   #779
[b]Supporter[/b]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
you are lucky we live in a free country or else comments like that will get you thrown in the gulag.
According to your logic, you’d also throw Andy out too. History and current moves show the Chiefs are positioning themselves to move on.
Delano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 06-15-2024, 11:15 AM   #780
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano View Post
According to your logic, you’d also throw Andy out too. History and current moves show the Chiefs are positioning themselves to move on.
"Current moves"?

Please don't tell me you're clueless enough to believe the Chiefs drafting a versatile IOL on day 3 means anything about Humphrey

Yes, Andy let Morse and Hudson walk. He didn't draft Hudson, and Morse had concussion issues though, so that doesn't necessarily mean he's going to let the best C in the NFL do the same. Do you honestly believe that Jason Kelce wouldn't have still been an Eagle for life if Andy never left Philly?

I don't think it's a guarantee by any means, but I think it's more likely than not that Humphrey will get a 2nd contract.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.