Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-02-2022, 08:51 AM  
Supporter

***** All things Fitness *****

2022 getting and staying fit thread!
penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 10:43 AM   #751
George Brett shit his pants

Any running people able to give me a recommendation of a place that can properly fit me for running shoes or coach me to improve my gait or stride? I am training for a 5k and around 2.3 mile mark or so my biggest toes in my right foot start to get numb. It doesn't really happen in my left foot. I try to even focus pushing off more on my left foot when I get tired because I notice my shin splints and soreness are worse in my right lower leg.

I just have Hokas I bought off the rack at Dicks. Maybe better fitting shoes or some custom insert would help. I could barely complete my third attempt at running 3.1 miles today in under 30 min. Its my worst time even though its the 3rd time Ive ran it. The first time I ran it I was my fastest at 28:15 and the lowest. The main reason is my body doesn't hold up. I am so awful at running lol
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:16 PM   #752
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
Absolutely true. If you are 70 and have a hard time with mobility, and then then you have an illness that puts you in the hospital for 10 days? You will take months to regain your prior muscle, and it might never happen.

Squatting is basically standing up, and if you can’t do that, it’s really hard to be independent.
Every one should train squat (getting up out of a chair), Deadlift (picking something up from the floor) and Farmer Carry (carrying uneven loads such as bags of groceries).

By far the most important compound movements.
penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:26 PM   #753
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Any running people able to give me a recommendation of a place that can properly fit me for running shoes or coach me to improve my gait or stride? I am training for a 5k and around 2.3 mile mark or so my biggest toes in my right foot start to get numb. It doesn't really happen in my left foot. I try to even focus pushing off more on my left foot when I get tired because I notice my shin splints and soreness are worse in my right lower leg.

I just have Hokas I bought off the rack at Dicks. Maybe better fitting shoes or some custom insert would help. I could barely complete my third attempt at running 3.1 miles today in under 30 min. Its my worst time even though its the 3rd time Ive ran it. The first time I ran it I was my fastest at 28:15 and the lowest. The main reason is my body doesn't hold up. I am so awful at running lol

Been out of the running game awhile; never even heard of Hokas. If they’re just some generic tennis shoe, chuck them and get a real pair of runners.

You should always replace the stock insoles with something designed for your foot and the type of running you’re going to do. I used to use Greenfeet, don’t know if they’re still considered a good insole, or if there’s significantly better at the same price range. But get some.

It sounds like you’re landing too hard, maybe overpronating/bouncing too much, causing that pain in your shins and toe; but without seeing your stride I’m flat guessing.

If you have a HS nearby with X-C or track team, try to talk with the coach. Maybe he/she could look at your stride.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:52 PM   #754
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Been out of the running game awhile; never even heard of Hokas. If they’re just some generic tennis shoe, chuck them and get a real pair of runners.

Hokas are probably the most popular running shoe these days, they certainly aren't generic they are on the pricey side.

BWillie go to a local running shoe store they can likely check your feet and recommend what you need, most of them have some tools they can use to fit you with proper shoes and a treadmill they can check your running form on.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:18 PM   #755
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
Every one should train squat (getting up out of a chair), Deadlift (picking something up from the floor) and Farmer Carry (carrying uneven loads such as bags of groceries).

By far the most important compound movements.
Between whatever sets I'm doing with weights, I do 10 or so just bodyweight chair squats. That adds up over a 20-45 minute workout

I would argue that many MDs would agree occasional fasting is a great tool for autophagy

Last edited by jdubya; Today at 04:21 PM..
jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.