Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 05:28 PM   #736
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Dude, nobody is saying we should get a bunch of jags. Just stop.
I think he's convinced the strategy has been to draft JAGs on purpose. No, CEH and Moore were just busts to this point. I guess Moore can still turn it around but honestly don't think it's likely given his bad chemistry with Mahomes.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 06:05 PM
lcarus
This message has been deleted by lcarus.
Old 09-09-2023, 06:06 PM   #737
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Dude, nobody is saying we should get a bunch of jags. Just stop.
Jesus when did I say that? I didn’t call guys like skyy or Ritchie or Watson or Mvs jags. Like I said, I am good with them…. As guys who play off other guys. I was plenty optimistic about skyy but he never felt like WR1. It was way more of a slot option or a situational man beater/catch and run option. If we were lucky maybe a WR2. That’s not a bad idea at that draft slot, but in hindsight we probably should’ve been looking for WR1/WR2 options. Mecole was a speed option. Even the guys we brought in… juju was slow but not fast. Mvs is primarily a boom/bust speed option. These were safe picks designed to add depth and play a specific role.

We have been focused on role and depth guys. And that by and large has worked playing off kelce. That is way different from an every down/situation guy like rashee.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 06:08 PM   #738
MVP

Quote:
A bunch of hooey.

There's no such position as WR#1', it's fantasy football bullshit.

And this mythical beast capable of just dominating a game consistently is also a farce. There are maybe a handful of truly dominant receivers in football, and guess what? None are winning Super Bowls.

I think it's highly unlikely Veach strikes out on three swings and a lottery ticket. At least one of the guys is going to be really good.

That is such an odd thing to hang your hat to on as a fan. I've seen you do it a few times now. You are trying to make people use X/Y/Z. Which is a whole other discussion with WR's and their roles within KC's offense. But I'm sure you know that. I'm sure even Andy Reid has used #1 WR a time or 2 in his life. I doubt he was talking about your fantasy team. The media, even former NFL players in the media use it All. The. Damn. Time. They aren't talking about your fantasy team either. Better run and correct them.

Can you just entertain the fact that as a fan, when #1 WR is used the fan is usually talking about the most productive WR on that team? Is that so hard to do?

Because I don't know about you. But we are all failures in football here, including you, with mancrushes of watching those grown men aggressively hugging each other on Sundays.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 06:20 PM   #739
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba View Post
That is such an odd thing to hang your hat to on as a fan. I've seen you do it a few times now. You are trying to make people use X/Y/Z. Which is a whole other discussion with WR's and their roles within KC's offense. But I'm sure you know that. I'm sure even Andy Reid has used #1 WR a time or 2 in his life. I doubt he was talking about your fantasy team. The media, even former NFL players in the media use it All. The. Damn. Time. They aren't talking about your fantasy team either. Better run and correct them.

Can you just entertain the fact that as a fan, when #1 WR is used the fan is usually talking about the most productive WR on that team? Is that so hard to do?

Because I don't know about you. But we are all failures in football here, including you, with mancrushes of watching those grown men aggressively hugging each other on Sundays.
By your definitions, every team has a number one receiver.

What you MEAN is an all-pro, star, 100 catch kinda guy, and those don't grow on trees, and if you have to pay market price for one, you're going to have to go really cheap in other places on your roster.

The point everyone talking about how badly we need one is trying to make is that they assume that the young guys can't be that and we need to buy one.

I say we're drafting and developing the position and don't know what we have yet, and should exercise a bit of patience and see, Veach, Reid, and Mahomes seem to know what they are doing.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 06:22 PM   #740
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
A bunch of hooey.

There's no such position as WR#1', it's fantasy football bullshit.

And this mythical beast capable of just dominating a game consistently is also a farce. There are maybe a handful of truly dominant receivers in football, and guess what? None are winning Super Bowls.

I think it's highly unlikely Veach strikes out on three swings and a lottery ticket. At least one of the guys is going to be really good.
Maybe we don't absolutely need a Tyreek, but it sure would be nice to have a healthy JuJu type receiver that knows the playbook that can body up and reliably catch the ball even in traffic when Mahomes drills it into him on third and medium.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-09-2023, 06:23 PM   #741
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Jesus when did I say that? I didn’t call guys like skyy or Ritchie or Watson or Mvs jags. Like I said, I am good with them…. As guys who play off other guys. I was plenty optimistic about skyy but he never felt like WR1. It was way more of a slot option or a situational man beater/catch and run option. If we were lucky maybe a WR2. That’s not a bad idea at that draft slot, but in hindsight we probably should’ve been looking for WR1/WR2 options. Mecole was a speed option. Even the guys we brought in… juju was slow but not fast. Mvs is primarily a boom/bust speed option. These were safe picks designed to add depth and play a specific role.

We have been focused on role and depth guys. And that by and large has worked playing off kelce. That is way different from an every down/situation guy like rashee.
We're drafting and developing the WR room. Variety in skill sets is a good thing. Exercise a little patience and see what happens. I'm certain they won't all fail, and I'm certain that the team will continue to draft talent, as WR's are expensive.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 06:24 PM   #742
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
Maybe we don't absolutely need a Tyreek, but it sure would be nice to have a healthy JuJu type receiver that knows the playbook that can body up and reliably catch the ball even in traffic when Mahomes drills it into him on third and medium.
Maybe we already have that. It's only been one game.
Old 09-09-2023, 06:51 PM   #743
In Search of a Life

Quote:

What you MEAN is an all-pro, star, 100 catch kinda guy, and those don't grow on trees, and if you have to pay market price for one, you're going to have to go really cheap in other places on your roster.

The point everyone talking about how badly we need one is trying to make is that they assume that the young guys can't be that and we need to buy one.

I say we're drafting and developing the position and don't know what we have yet, and should exercise a bit of patience and see, Veach, Reid, and Mahomes seem to know what they are doing.
Most teams have a WR1 except for the chiefs. They don’t have to be Justin Jefferson mvp level players. Nobody is saying that. Plenty of these teams have found their guy in the draft for cheap. Some are elite and some are solid enough. They come in all ranges.

So…. fine… I’ve conceded to you that I’m fine looking towards the draft. Let’s push aside that other teams are throwing lots and lots of picks, often multiple first rounders, because they know the payoff if it hits is huge. But that aside, you don’t see the big difference between rashee and skyy? Even the biggest optimist isn’t saying skyy can’t be wr1 because they gave up on him. It’s because he wasn’t brought in to be a high risk/high reward wr1. Like most of our WRs they are role guys built to play off of kelce or someone else.

So yeah, rashee is a very different WR than what we’ve focused on in the past. And if we’re aligned that a top heavy wr rotation is a good thing as long as it’s cheap, then we have to keep swinging and it has to be more like rashee even if those picks have higher bust potentials than a role WR.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 06:57 PM   #744
MVP

Quote:

Yes, every team has a #1 WR. A WR that gets the most targets, the most recs, the most yards, the most td's, or a combination of them. They are typically the statistical breadwinner winner amongst WR's on their team when healthy.

No, that is what you mean by a #1 WR. Do you seriously think a teams #1 WR has to an All-Pro to be considered their #1 WR?

I don't disagree we are acquiring talent to develop. Patience in the NFL is short however.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-09-2023, 07:09 PM   #745
MVP

You think Craphonso Thorpe is available if Veach were to call him?
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 09-09-2023, 07:21 PM   #746
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba View Post
Yes, every team has a #1 WR. A WR that gets the most targets, the most recs, the most yards, the most td's, or a combination of them. They are typically the statistical breadwinner winner amongst WR's on their team when healthy.

No, that is what you mean by a #1 WR. Do you seriously think a teams #1 WR has to an All-Pro to be considered their #1 WR?

I don't disagree we are acquiring talent to develop. Patience in the NFL is short however.
Maybe give it more than one game.
Old 09-09-2023, 07:25 PM   #747
How tall is this thing?

Quote:

Andy Reid put the ball in Blake Bell's hands over Patrick Mahomes on a crucial 3rd down on our second to last possession, and elected to settle for 3s instead of pushing for 7's when we had great field position and short 4th downs.

Let's not assume he's incapable of outsmarting himself in other aspects of the job.

He's still putting Clyde out there on first down for worthless wastes of first downs. You think maybe he still doesn't know what he has in him yet as well?

If so, we could have a real ****ing problem here at wr.
Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 07:46 PM   #748
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
So yeah, rashee is a very different WR than what we’ve focused on in the past. And if we’re aligned that a top heavy wr rotation is a good thing as long as it’s cheap, then we have to keep swinging and it has to be more like rashee even if those picks have higher bust potentials than a role WR.
That’s a fine strategy as long as you eventually hit and you’re not wed to any one pick for too long if they just can’t make it work (like Skyy so far thru 20+ games).

Realistic that Rice is unlikely to know the offense to the degree that Andy demands, but we can’t have a receiver on the field for 80% of the passing plays only get target 3 times and whiff when the ball comes his way. Almost at the point of giving up on him (which admittedly would be stupid at this point), but not holding my breath either. Hopefully, someone steps up to such a degree that it’s impossible for Andy not to notice (like Pacheco last season).
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 09-09-2023, 07:49 PM   #749
MVP

Quote:
Maybe give it more than one game.
What makes you think I'm not giving it more than one game?

Does a little critiquing of problems that arise within the team, whether it be week 1 or week 17 make me less of a fan?

Brett Veach, Andy Reid, Patrick Mahomes, whoever... aren't a religion. I don't have to have blind faith that every single move they make, or every single play that take is the correct move. We are afforded that as fans to be critics of the team we root for.
Old 09-09-2023, 08:00 PM   #750
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
One thing I noticed is that MVS was useless bc they kept 2 safeties deep to cut off the deep pass, particularly in the 2nd half.

That's fine. Patrick doesn't need a bonfire star receiver if he has a group that collectively isn't shit. The OL is good enough to afford that.

Toney was open several times bc Andy exploited zone coverage with his play calls. Hell he was wide ****ing open at the end when Andy called a beautiful play. Just catch the ball man and we win. ****
'One thing I noticed' was flat wrong.

MVS was anything but useless and the 2-high looks didn't prevent shit. MVS was constantly open and the 2-high would've been eviscerated had Mahomes attacked it.

You're just wrong there.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.