Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-18-2022, 03:28 PM  
MVP

A Levelheaded Review Wk15

1. The Texans are not as bad as their record would indicate. They pushed a very good Cowboys team in Week 14 to a very close game. Keep that in mind.

2. Isaiah Pacheco, love how hard he runs, needs to get better at pass protection he completely whiffed on that LB stunt blitz on Patrick's 1st sack of the game. His fumble while perplexing is not all that concerning as it's his 4th fumble in 14 games. His last fumble was against JAX and prior to that against the Colts. Rookie mistakes. I'd like to see him more involved in the pass game.

3. Speaking of turnovers they are killing us. The JJSS fumble was just lucky. But we have to do better at holding on to the ball. We gave the Texans short fields to work with on the Pacheco and JJSS fumble that both resulted in Touchdowns. Seems like at least 2 turnovers (fumbles or Int's) in the last 3-4 games.

4. Patrick running the ball is just magic. He knows exactly when to take off and how to hold defenders to keep his running lanes open.

5. Playing to not lose the game, the last 3-4 plays we ran felt like we were playing to not lose instead of get yards to make the FG closer for Butker. Gotta give the the RB's a chance to gain forward yardage.

6. How lucky have we been on coin tosses? Either to start the game or in OT. Seems like we are almost always kicking off and taking the 2nd half kickoff or taking the kickoff in OT. I wonder if that is tracked somewhere?

7.I have said it many times, Toney and Hardman make this offense different. When Toney was in the game they had to account for him. Can't wait for them to both be back on the field. Without them our offense is Kelce, Juju, McKinnon, Pacheco (repeat). Ocassionally Gray, Watson or MVS chip in but you can pretty well bet where the ball is going every play. We need them back badly. Skyy has almost completely disappeared.

8. Willie Gay with the timely turnovers gets the game ball. Last week it was a "pick 6" this week was recovering the OT fumble. Kudos to Frank Clark on generating that turnover.

9. McKinnon in the right place at the right time seems like every week. Great vision on the OT run to end the game.

10. Butker just seems off this year. I'm not sure if it's the ankle or the confidence but he just seems to make terrible kicks at times. I didn't see anything wrong with the snap on either the XP or FG. The XP kick was super ugly.

Extra Point. Penalties, Extremely Ticky Tacky penalty calling against the Chiefs (See Sneed PI in the 4th Q and the Gay defensive holding). Hate to bring this up but I felt like they were being exceptionally picky against the Chiefs.
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2022, 10:01 PM   #61
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Andy actually said something about the reffing;

It's near the beginning (1:14) and it's subtle, but Andy never comments on the reffing as far as I know.
Thats fine, let Andy do the wink and nod act about it... but Hark Clunt needs to be on the horn raising hell with Roger Goodell as we speak

Protect my QB or so help me God I'll ruin all of us...
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 10:45 PM   #62
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Thats fine, let Andy do the wink and nod act about it... but Hark Clunt needs to be on the horn raising hell with Roger Goodell as we speak

Protect my QB or so help me God I'll ruin all of us...
I think Andy just has a hard time being openly critical of anyone, including refs that seemingly go out of their way to make calls or non-calls against KC. It might be that it's just not in his nature to vent in front of a bunch of cameras.

But yeah, someone needs to say something. I hope that video of the HOU player punching Pat in the head gets around to all the QBs. All the players. They should be very concerned if refs are going to allow that kind of thing without even a warning to the offender. By rule that should've been a RTP and a 15 yarder plus an unsportsmanlike. Plus a fine.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 11:08 PM   #63
MVP

Quote:
I think Andy just has a hard time being openly critical of anyone, including refs that seemingly go out of their way to make calls or non-calls against KC. It might be that it's just not in his nature to vent in front of a bunch of cameras.

But yeah, someone needs to say something. I hope that video of the HOU player punching Pat in the head gets around to all the QBs. All the players. They should be very concerned if refs are going to allow that kind of thing without even a warning to the offender. By rule that should've been a RTP and a 15 yarder plus an unsportsmanlike. Plus a fine.
I missed that? When was that?
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2022, 11:16 PM   #64
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverChief View Post
I missed that? When was that?
Shit. I think it's in the GDT. i don't even remember who posted it now. But it's one of those 10 second clips or whatever, and Pat throws to the near flat I think, and some defender (a safety i think) comes flying in and hits Pat with a left cross right to the head.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2022, 11:20 PM   #65
Fish are scared of me

McKinnon needs more love, 8 targets, 8 catches for 70. 10 rushes for 52 avg 5.2

Dude Always gains yards
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 11:29 PM   #66
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
McKinnon needs more love, 8 targets, 8 catches for 70. 10 rushes for 52 avg 5.2

Dude Always gains yards
He got stuffed a time or two, but he definitely has burst.

I'm all for limiting his touches unless shit gets real (hopefully we blow fools out). We need healthy McKinnon for the playoffs.

It is amazing to me that nobody wanted this dude.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2022, 11:31 PM   #67
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Found it:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1604558484409683968
Old 12-18-2022, 11:33 PM   #68
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Also, this is kind of egregious:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1604572030996811776
Old 12-19-2022, 12:56 AM   #69
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I really think it is a crazy stat that the Chiefs are the best team on 3rd downs in general but one of the worst teams on 3rd and short.
It's as thought the team is just bored and likes the challenge. I mean how many double digits deficits do we overcome each year? How many 90 yard td drives do we have?

It's odd. I don't feel confident on third and short cause we get cute but backs to the goalline and we come out slinging it and I expect it.
irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 12-19-2022, 12:59 AM   #70
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
They've played very well by their standard the last couple games, but they also had a terrible performance against Cleveland just a few weeks ago. 80 yard punt return TD for Cleveland, plus TWO touchdowns by the Cleveland defense. Somehow Houston magically stopped making as many big mistakes against Dallas & Chiefs.
Yeah teams do get better as the season goes on sometimes. Hand em a couple turnovers and anything can happen.
irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.irafreak has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 12-19-2022, 02:21 AM   #71
Veteran

Agree with the OPs points.

Good - Mahomes. Replace him with anyone else and it wouldn't be fun watching this offense. If we can protect him properly and give him just one elite target outside of Kelce he's going to be invincible. Also McKinnon was great again and Pacheco minus the fumble.

Bad - Most of the rest. Ball security is a problem and it's not just "bad luck" it's poor play and possibly poor coaching. Reid seems to have a few games a year where his game management is just horrible, he's now had 2 in a row. I love that he wants Mahomes to throw but dear Lord just run it when it's working ffs. The DL was rancid as usual and the secondary poor, at least the CBs are young, there's no excuse for Thornhill and Reid.

And then there's the refs. I don't tend to criticise them because I'll always believe it's partly on players and coaches to adapt to them, sadly, and so that's on Spags and the D as well...BUT they were f***ing atrocious. Cheffers is an absolutely woeful ref who has no business officiating.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 12-19-2022, 08:57 AM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Man, I missed that...should have been 15 yards against HOU for sure.
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 12-19-2022, 10:05 AM   #73
How tall is this thing?

I said it in the game thread, and I'll repeat it here.

Imagine how good this team would be if they just got up for the games.

We rarely see these guys just come out and kick a teams ass. They come out sloppy, sleepwalking, and it takes a double digit deficit, or some perceived injustice by opposing players or refs to get them pissed off enough to focus and take it to them. This dates all the way back to our title run. This is an Andy Reid issue. Gotta be able to come out and stomp terrible teams, or you're not bearing anyone come playoff time.

The bitching about refs is out of control at this point. There were a couple bad ones, but to say the defense played well, and THE REFS converted 5 first downs, well thats just some pussy ass bullshit.

We had a guy stretch a dudes jersey 5 ****ing yards off his body, ok. That's a foul, that's a first down. Dry your tears and come down off that cross for ****s sake.

Then there were 2 more obvious PI by Thornhill and Sneed, and a hold by Gay declined so they could hilariously flag Thornhill getting run into.

You got a couple bs ones on Kelce, and Jet, but if you're a legitimate contender to the title, taking on a 1 win team, that should have no bearing on the outcome of a game if you take care of business which we BARELY are.

We legitimately played down to a 1 win team, with some of the worst situational football at the end I've ever seen.

Andy pissed down his leg in fear of the Texans, when his qb hadn't had an incompletetion for about 2 hours, and sent Butt****er out there when he can't even be trusted to kick the stool out from under himself in a hanging attempt.

These are the types of decisions made on the sideline that get your ass beat in the postseason, and while Andy has seen PLENTY of post season debacles, here he is doing the same shit again.

Got a few games left to pull their head out of their ass, but I'm expecting frustrating watches the rest of the way.
Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 10:20 AM   #74
MVP

Quote:
Wooo- I woulda been hot had I seen that. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-19-2022, 10:29 AM   #75
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler View Post
I said it in the game thread, and I'll repeat it here.

Imagine how good this team would be if they just got up for the games.

We rarely see these guys just come out and kick a teams ass. They come out sloppy, sleepwalking, and it takes a double digit deficit, or some perceived injustice by opposing players or refs to get them pissed off enough to focus and take it to them. This dates all the way back to our title run. This is an Andy Reid issue. Gotta be able to come out and stomp terrible teams, or you're not bearing anyone come playoff time.

The bitching about refs is out of control at this point. There were a couple bad ones, but to say the defense played well, and THE REFS converted 5 first downs, well thats just some pussy ass bullshit.

We had a guy stretch a dudes jersey 5 ****ing yards off his body, ok. That's a foul, that's a first down. Dry your tears and come down off that cross for ****s sake.

Then there were 2 more obvious PI by Thornhill and Sneed, and a hold by Gay declined so they could hilariously flag Thornhill getting run into.

You got a couple bs ones on Kelce, and Jet, but if you're a legitimate contender to the title, taking on a 1 win team, that should have no bearing on the outcome of a game if you take care of business which we BARELY are.

We legitimately played down to a 1 win team, with some of the worst situational football at the end I've ever seen.

Andy pissed down his leg in fear of the Texans, when his qb hadn't had an incompletetion for about 2 hours, and sent Butt****er out there when he can't even be trusted to kick the stool out from under himself in a hanging attempt.

These are the types of decisions made on the sideline that get your ass beat in the postseason, and while Andy has seen PLENTY of post season debacles, here he is doing the same shit again.

Got a few games left to pull their head out of their ass, but I'm expecting frustrating watches the rest of the way.
Then don't watch you insufferable ****... My God, you would think we were 3-11 and were giving up 40 points a game every week...
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.