Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-05-2018, 11:52 PM  
You Sweetie!

-- Scared in the wilderness - what are/is your stories/story?

Good Evening,

I just started what appears to be a really good movie called 'Hold the Dark' - It prompted me to ask CP - what situations, observations or any other 'tions - have you experienced away from civilization in which had you scared for you life?

Animals, weather, devil worshipers? Primarily what I'm looking for is wild animal encounters.

I know we have quite a few in the Pacific NW that post on here. (bears maybe?)

Just wondering if anyone has any interesting stories regarding this...?

I'd love to hear them...

Thanks
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:07 PM   #61
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

This will be a long one.

In 2007, I took the wife on a month long trip to the Northeast. We traveled to NYC to stay for 1.5 weeks with our son and family. My wife's brother lives in Hampton NH and they had a cabin rented in the northern part of the White Mtns. ( Beautiful country up there BTW) So off we went, got to their cabin around 8PM from NYC. Here we are ready to bed it down around 1AM after visiting, my BIL's (Brian) daughter (Brandy) comes in crying that her husband ( Jimmy )left their cabin and is missing.

Now to complicate the matter worst, he was drunk, he dose drugs, and they had just had a fight in their cabin, 2 hrs prior. To even complicate things more, Brian had showed me pictures of a BIG black bear that had visited the campgrounds the night before and the HUGH scratchs he left on a tree, just 2 cabins down from us. Brandy, a crying drunk by now blames herself he's missing, he's out there in the wilderness, our frigging back door.

Daddy, daddy, you have to go look for him, you have to,he's drunk, he could fall off a cliff, get ate by a bear(s). I'm like, call the police, the park rangers, let them handle this. No No No, you can't, he will be arrested! I'm like so what, better than us getting ate by a bear!

Well, daddy's lil girl got her wish! Daddy was going to go from end to end of the campground and a few yards into the timber. I'm like, Brian, are you F***ING NUTS! It's not safe out there at night, he says you are right, stay here, I'll go a lone!

My wife is like, you can't let my baby brother ( who was 8 yrs younger than I )go out there a lone! You have to go with him. I'm like, damn baby, he's big enough that bear isn't going to need to eat me too! ( Which I wasn't letting him go alone ) Well, that pissed her off and I continued to tell all of them it's ludicrous for us to look for him when there are park rangers and police better equipped for this. Brian wasn't having any part of the authorities in this, he was going out there.

Off to my car to get a few survival items, some professional strength mace that shoots 10 - 15 feet downwind and a powerful flashlight. Brian had a flashlight, that is it, no guns? Now I really don't like this idea, my years of police training and camping skills do little for me at night with a possible bear encounter and not knowing the area!

For an hour, we go quietly throughout the campground not to wake up the campers. Checking all the public bath rooms, showers, any place where he could be passed out at. No place, we have looked everywhere on the campgrounds, this asshole is nowhere where we have looked. Brian says the timber! I said WHAT? We do not need to go out there. He says, Well I'm only going 25, maybe 50 yards out.

I informed him, it's been 3.5 hrs now, if that drunk bastard is out there, he probably ran into a bear and f**king dead by now, we don't need to join him. Brian was going anyways, he was not listening to anything I said. So not letting him go alone, we took off, slowly walking about 20 yards in because the terrain at the base of the mountains on the NE side of the camp was rocky with heavy pine trees. I immediately found us 2 somewhat green limbs we could use as club if needed, plus to use to stabilize our walking. He said, what are the tree branches for, I told him we can use them to walk with and maybe defend ourselves with. He said if we found a bear, the sticks won't help, just run like hell. I said look at this terrain, we will never survive the run on these rocks and you can't out run a bear. He said, All I have to do is out run you! Gosh damn, he was right, at the time I was about 310 lbs!

Have you ever been out in the timber at night, no cities for miles. No lights to be found, except the stars! Freaking Pitch Dark as hell ! Every now and then we would come to a small clearing, the stars are beautiful with no lights around, crap, I'm starting to get cold in shorts. It's been another 1.5 hrs walking the terrain, just 20-40 yards into the timber from the campground. So we get to the farthest end of the campground and decide to head back to the cabins since we have not spoken to the women in a while, there was no or very poor cell phone signal on the campground between the mountains.

We go walking past the main pool area, restrooms, showers, etc. Brian had checked this area earlier, I decided to go have a look. Everything is locked up inside a chain link fence, I still had my makeshift club, so I whacked the bathroom wall as well as the shower walls, yelling for him and getting pissed off more and more by the moment. Then it happened..........

ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME?

That MF answered, he is in the freaking bathroom. Told us he sat down earlier on the shitter and must of passed out! I said, must have ? 5 f***ing hours later, MUST HAVE ? Apparently the night ranger didn't check it before he locked the gate up. He's like, Hey, how do I get out of here? ( Now, I do not know this cat, have never met him ) I'm like I don't give a shit, climb the fence you asshole and walked away! I mentioned to Brian, I found him. Man Brian was pissed, called him every name imaginable. All Jim would do was disrespect us in the worst way. We made it back to the cabin, advised the women folk of finding the drunk asshole. Jim continued to act the same way and I told him to have a little respect, everybody was concerned a bear found your ass after invading the camp the night before. He started to mouth off to me when Brian stepped in and Jim got stupid enough to swing at Brian. Well shit, now its fight on, or at least an incident. Brian literally beat the shit out of the drunk asshole, so bad I had to pull Brian off before he killed him. He slept in the car the rest of the night and next morning.

Oh, thread title, scared out in the wilderness ? Yeah, I f***ing was that night, just not knowing the area and the size of that black bear from the night before, it was freaking HUGH man! Now I don't scare easy but that night, yeah I was not in my comfort zone.
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:15 PM   #62
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
I grew up next to Donald Zarda. I am sure that last name is familiar to everyone from KC. My house was a dump, but about a half mile around the corner was Donnie's house.

He had an entire shed as a clubhouse, that had a phone, and TV etc. It's wasn't super posh, but it was more than this poor kid had in his actual house.

The shed backed up to a pasture, with horses roaming free. His parents and sisters were gone, and we had been left alone to goof off. I was 9 and he was 8. Alone. At night.

It was the middle of summer, and we were going back and forth from the house, to his clubhouse, to the pool, and back, doing dumb things kids that age do when left alone. We scared ourselves trying to fry eggs, because we were both afraid of getting burnt.

So, it's pitch black outside, and we decided to go back out to the clubhouse, I forget why, but it seemed important at the time. Anyway, it's dark, and neither one of us will admit to it, but it was scary. So, as we are making our way, the horses started going bananas. I grew up on a farm, so I knew that horses just don't randomly go apeshit for no reason.

So, being an experienced 9 year old ranch hand, I suggested we go see what's wrong with the horses. I was afraid that one of them would run into the barbed wire fence, because a spooked horse isn't a very rational horse. It took a minute, but I convinced him that it needed to be done. So, again, I have experience with horses, and we approach from the better side of the fence.

By 9 years old I could saddle a horse, and cinch it fairly tight. I was also good with bridles, etc. and I had literally spent entire days on my horse, galloping around our pasture, even falling asleep in the saddle, and staying out so late my father had to scour the literal back 40 to find me. But at 9 my parents divorced, the horses were gone, and my mom was broke. It was 1980 and I had some delusion that impressing a rich guy like Donnie's dad would help my mom. Again, I was 9.

So, we approach the corner of the fence where we can get as close as possible to the bezerker horses without being in too much danger. And sure enough, one of the horses was tangled in the fence, and the other 10 were not taking it very well, and they were still spooked by something close to the edge of the woods. Now, I don't care so much about impressing anyone, as I am very worried about the horse. Barbed wire can shred a horse, because from head to toe they are just a huge muscle with a brain. But that brain can't understand why thrashing around doesn't free itself from the situation.

Against his advice, I climbed through the fence, and approached the horse making every reassuring click and pop my little mouth can muster. When you are calm, the horse will be calm. I asked Donnie to shake the feed bucket to draw the other horses away, and I take the snips and start cutting the barbed wire away. I know that I am going to have to twist the wire in some way, after the horse is free, to close the gap in the fence.

It's dark, my adrenaline is pumping hard, and the other horses didn't seem to care about the food. Spooked horses spook horses, and it becomes a cycle, and I say to hell with it, and just go as fast as I can cutting the barbed wire because it was starting to seem like a bad idea to be near this horse and sharp fencing when the crazy train came back around. Donnie climber through the fence to help, and then we hear something in the woods behind us. The horses heard it too, and seemed to be telling me, see I told you something scary is out there.

The poor horse is bleeding, and while it had kind of exhausted itself and given up struggling, this new round of pandemonium re-energized the poor guy. Finally I just yanked the barbed wire, cutting the horse's chest even worse, but I was 9 and my hero adrenaline was quickly becoming scared shirtless adrenaline. Finally, the horse is free, and just in time because whatever was in the woods was getting much closer. It was faster for us to run to the house through the pasture than it was maneuvering back around the fence.

So we take off running. It felt like we had rockets on our shoes. And then, out of nowhere, a couple of men breach the treeline, and it's really dark, but these weren't men who belonged there. We were about two thirds of the way to the house, and when we peaked back, they were running too. We blasted through gate, and by the pool, and into the house. And as we closed the sliding glass door we could see them and they could see us. And it confirmed that they weren't neighbors, and we didn't know them.

We hit the lights, and we're now screaming and crying, terrified, as we ran to a nearby closet, and jumped in and closed the door. Why a closet? It just instinctively seemed like the way to safety, and we didn't even discuss it, we just ended up in the closet. Now we had stopped crying, and started to talk out what we should do next. Then BOOM, BOOM, Boom. They were beating on the sliding glass door. And we couldn't hear what they were saying, but it was definitely laced with anger and bad intentions.

Now there was pounding on the front door too. This made the situation seem much worse. We didn't say it, but I know I was thinking that I wish we hadn't begged his dad to let us stay home alone. Donnie was a great person, with a great heart, but looking back he was kinda spoiled and I don't think his dad said no too often. So, with plan formulated, we just had to be brave enough to make it to the kitchen, which required passing the sliding glass door, and call the older couple who lived on the corner between our two houses.

I don't know how old they were, but they were very nice, and we would stop at their house when we were walking to or from each other's house. The woman always gave us cookies or lemonade, and we thought they would be able to save us if we could only call them. It was about a quarter of a mile from his house to theirs. But we couldn't leave the closet. And we were nervously giving these men back stories, like escaped prisoners, or horse thieves, etc. Finally, the pounding stopped.

I don't know how long we stayed in the closet, but it seemed like a long time. We were finally brave enough to make it to the kitchen and call the neighbors. They told us to run over, and they would watch for us and they assured us that if we weren't there in a couple of minutes they would come get us. I am sure they just thought we were being dumb kids, who had told each other scary stories, and just scared ourselves. I am pretty sure that I had never run that fast in my life.

We made it to their house, and proceeded to tell our story. She cleaned the cuts on my hand, and probably put peroxide on it, but it stung really bad. The old man told me it was brave and stupid at the same time, for me to cut the horse loose. After some cookies and sweet tea or lemonade, Donnie's dad came came home and came and got us. He was pretty dismissive, and I am sure we sounded ridiculous telling the story. We had already added some embellishments to the story, not in order to lie, but our imaginations turned fears into facts. His dad dropped me off at home, as I was originally spending the night, but just couldn't do it after all the terror and the adrenaline dump.

Turns out, those guys had been crossing fields for a while, and had used a .22 rifle to shoot and killed a couple of family dogs, and wounded a horse badly enough it had to be put down. I don't remember if they had stolen anything on their trespassing spree or not, but I didn't sleep for a few months because I kept having nightmares.

It was one of the scariest days of my life. I have actually had nightmares about that night well into adulthood. I think cars driving up and down the nearby road probably scared them off. The lights to the pool were on, so they would have been visible to cars on that side. Not that anyone could have pointed them out to police. At the time I had their faces seared into my brain, and I could relive the moment that our eyes met through the sliding glass door in slow motion. Now, I really can't remember what either of them looked like.

Sadly, Donnie passed away a couple of years ago, in Europe, base jumping off a cliff in a wing suit. He dropped in at the wrong time, and the wind slammed him against the cliff. But he posthumously helped every member of the LGBTQ with this court case.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/26/n...uit-zarda.html

The world was a better place with him in it.

If you read the entire post, thank you. And to those that didn't, I don't blame you, as it was more like a short story than a bulletin board post/reply.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
I know we'd talked a few years ago - I'm sure we know a lot of the same people - sorry about Donnie - that's awful - seemed like a good dude - I never knew him. Now he was Mike's nephew, right? Donnie's father was the founder of the Dairy side of Zarda, correct? Where was all of this, out working toward Independence off of 40 or something? I'm trying to recall what you told me. Donnie graduated between my cousin's year and my sisters. So no real connection to the name. But I do know Mike Zarda. Thanks for sharing - that's interesting.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:34 PM   #63
Banned

Uh, I was browsing the wilderness that is chiefsplanet and came across this gem. Was this guy slow, a junkie, slow from too many years of junkie-ing? Not my story per say but it's kinda scary that someone would take ANY forum this seriously...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...t=18914&page=1

Before we bid the Planet adieu, I would like to address its members, especially CootieZ & Histimage, or Estimate, or whatever he calls himself.

I wondered what happened here at first, but it didn't take me long to figure out what the deal was after a while.

To the members of the Planet who don't know the story & who jumped on me, just to follow suit with their leaders, I saay to you I came here in the beginning with no ill will. One of the reasons for me coming was a pesty member of your community named ChiefPriority, who was doing what you all accused me of being so notorious for. And that would be PIMPING THE SITE. Priority does not only do this on my board, he has done it on others. But I wanted to get along. I was building my site. I had some enemies. My intentions were pure. And I wanted to make friends.

What I want the fans who don't know the story to realize is that politics has played into this whole matter in a very deevious way. The owner of Supergans.net & I are foes. I have reason to believe that some of the members here are alligned in some way with either the egomaniac who owns the site, or 1 of his minions. Let em say one thing about Superfans Chiefs' board. Even though Marc & I are at odds, the Superfans site & Chiefs board, as far as I'm concerned, is ten times better thatn this board here. I'm disrespecting this board like it has done to me so I can say what I feel at this point. I would never have said this if I was not treated in such a manner. We all get ideas for our businesses & what we do in different ways. I will openly admit that when I first ventured onto the internet to a Chiefs board, that the first board I looked at was the Superfans Chiefs board. This was the best board I had ever laid my eyes on, on the whole net, & still is as far as I'm concerned. Even though the owner & I are foes. And probably will always be foes. A great business man & builder that he is, is as poor of a judge of character that he is, too. Along with being extermely paranoid that someone is going to steal his crown.

I feel that nepachiefs right now is one of the best boards on the net. As far as the admin of this site go, personally I don't care who you contact. It does not matter if it's Bravenet, or AOL. To me that is ridiculous. And I laugh in your faces for being both idiotic & disrespectful to me. Your members have insulted the way we look & said unspeakable things about our character. There's obviously something wrong here.

For all the members who see this, I would like to inform you that PACHIEFS fan was put on here to cause this very problem. I had an email from a Chiefs fan earlier by the name of Hydrae, confessing to me that they were waiting for me here, & that MC, head of Superfans, may have been in on the plan. They've gained nothing. But made me even stronger, as well as amusing me & giving me the opportunity to say what I am going to say next.

Time For Change. As far as I'm concerned, the Chiefs Planet, although they do have good traffic, is dull & drab. I do not think of football when I come here. I feel like I am incarcerated, looking at all grey & white walls. I'm sure you will pick something out of that one. I'm inviting the members here who are sick of this dull & cloudy grey world to visit us on nepachiefs. You can disagree with me all day if you'd like. That is nonsense what you have heard. You will feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz when she exits that dull black & white world & enters the colorful Land of OZ. Only there, you'll find no fake wizard, like the one you obviously have here.

You people have only been shown one side, & I am surprised that you would judge me so quickly without getting to know me. As far as pictures & my lady, she is a normal girl who likes clothing & fashion. She stays in good shape all while holding down a very important position an one of our local medical facilities. She sees tragedy every day. That's why this cannot happen any longer. We are here to enjoy the Chiefs & have fun. Not engage in feuds.

As far as my Christian brother, KCJohnny, the red carpet is laid out for you. Come & enjoy good ol' football. We'll be waiting for you. And we'll also be waiting for you people who amusingly think you will destroy me. NEVER!!!!
Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:41 PM   #64
You Sweetie!

JD Prez still runs rampant among the wild that is CP - he's not very liked by the original refugees - I never really interacted with him - though his last days on CP as that user-name were well within my first couple years of posting, he's around Lurch's generation of posters. But there's some bad history there, that I know a little about, just not too much.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:06 AM   #65
Politically Incorrect

One day I thought about going camping. About 15 minutes later that thought passed.

That is all I have on this topic.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:10 AM   #66
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
JD Prez still runs rampant among the wild that is CP - he's not very liked by the original refugees - I never really interacted with him - though his last days on CP as that user-name were well within my first couple years of posting, he's around Lurch's generation of posters. But there's some bad history there, that I know a little about, just not too much.
Yeah, I skimmed through enough threads to get a general idea of the situation. The Kirstie Tynes thing was a good time killer too
Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Naptown Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:18 AM   #67
MVP

Too many to list them all. Here's a few.
Out on Mille Lacs lake in Mn several years ago. We were about 7 miles out (on 7 mile flat) when a microburst came in. My boat was a 16' deep V hull. We had 5 foot waves and at least 40mph winds in an instant. I thought for sure we were going down. I crawled along in the boat, measuring each and every freaking wave to minimize the amount of water coming over the bow. Sometimes the bow would hit a good 2' into the next wave and soak the boat. Made it in with a boat full of water, soaked, scared and shaking, and ready for several beers.

Camped up in the mountains north of Taos NM. Middle of the night, heard something wrestling around outside the tent. Heard the snorts and grunts. It was a bear for sure. Scared the shit out of me. It eventually wandered off into the night. Didn't sleep much after that. The next day I'm flyfishing in a small lake near camp. Sure as shit, there's a bear sitting about 150 yards from me eating berries and casually glancing at me from time to time. Cool but scary
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:03 PM   #68
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
Too many to list them all. Here's a few.
Out on Mille Lacs lake in Mn several years ago. We were about 7 miles out (on 7 mile flat) when a microburst came in. My boat was a 16' deep V hull. We had 5 foot waves and at least 40mph winds in an instant. I thought for sure we were going down. I crawled along in the boat, measuring each and every freaking wave to minimize the amount of water coming over the bow. Sometimes the bow would hit a good 2' into the next wave and soak the boat. Made it in with a boat full of water, soaked, scared and shaking, and ready for several beers.

Camped up in the mountains north of Taos NM. Middle of the night, heard something wrestling around outside the tent. Heard the snorts and grunts. It was a bear for sure. Scared the shit out of me. It eventually wandered off into the night. Didn't sleep much after that. The next day I'm flyfishing in a small lake near camp. Sure as shit, there's a bear sitting about 150 yards from me eating berries and casually glancing at me from time to time. Cool but scary
I would have never guessed NM had bear populations. I know almost nothing about that state though. I suppose they have some black bears. https://geology.com/stories/13/bear-areas/
Old 10-10-2018, 11:06 PM   #69
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
I know we'd talked a few years ago - I'm sure we know a lot of the same people - sorry about Donnie - that's awful - seemed like a good dude - I never knew him. Now he was Mike's nephew, right? Donnie's father was the founder of the Dairy side of Zarda, correct? Where was all of this, out working toward Independence off of 40 or something? I'm trying to recall what you told me. Donnie graduated between my cousin's year and my sisters. So no real connection to the name. But I do know Mike Zarda. Thanks for sharing - that's interesting.
We lived in Grain Valley. Right at Buckner-Tarsney and I believe Old R.D. Mize road. His house was on Buckner-Tarsney and mine was on R.D. Mize, which was on the way to Monkey Mountain. I believe that Jerry and Mike started the restaurant together, but Mike was running the sauce plant when Jerry died. I am pretty sure Jerry died while jogging. He had a brain aneurysm. That's what I remember. But I vividly remember when he came to my house to tell me, and my mother about it. I hadn't been to a funeral that I could remember, and I didn't have too much knowledge about death either.

Jerry used to comp my parents all the time at the restaurant. It was in the strip mall where Godfather's pizza used to be. And I got to go to a couple of games in their suite at Arrowhead. We sucked at the time.

After I moved to Blue Springs Donnie would ride his bike to my house and we would ride all over the place. He loved riding that bike. He had a really nice Raleigh that his dad bought him because he felt guilty for smacking him.

By high school we had stopped hanging out. When I was in my 30s I ran into him at 24hr Fitness. He had just moved back from Texas because there was some drama with his boyfriend. When he told me, I just played it off like it was nothing, but later I told him that I was hurt because I would have accepted him. But also, I understood why he was afraid to tell me.

He was going to take me skydiving when he got back from Europe. I had asked where a good place to go and learn would be, and he was hey I'll take you myself. He was always a great friend to me. Even bailed my big mouth out in elementary school once.

ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:36 AM   #70
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
We lived in Grain Valley. Right at Buckner-Tarsney and I believe Old R.D. Mize road. His house was on Buckner-Tarsney and mine was on R.D. Mize, which was on the way to Monkey Mountain. I believe that Jerry and Mike started the restaurant together, but Mike was running the sauce plant when Jerry died. I am pretty sure Jerry died while jogging. He had a brain aneurysm. That's what I remember. But I vividly remember when he came to my house to tell me, and my mother about it. I hadn't been to a funeral that I could remember, and I didn't have too much knowledge about death either.

Jerry used to comp my parents all the time at the restaurant. It was in the strip mall where Godfather's pizza used to be. And I got to go to a couple of games in their suite at Arrowhead. We sucked at the time.

After I moved to Blue Springs Donnie would ride his bike to my house and we would ride all over the place. He loved riding that bike. He had a really nice Raleigh that his dad bought him because he felt guilty for smacking him.

By high school we had stopped hanging out. When I was in my 30s I ran into him at 24hr Fitness. He had just moved back from Texas because there was some drama with his boyfriend. When he told me, I just played it off like it was nothing, but later I told him that I was hurt because I would have accepted him. But also, I understood why he was afraid to tell me.

He was going to take me skydiving when he got back from Europe. I had asked where a good place to go and learn would be, and he was hey I'll take you myself. He was always a great friend to me. Even bailed my big mouth out in elementary school once.

Yes - very familiar - My neighborhood was behind 707 - so I would walk there all the time - The following were in the strip-mall - Radio Shack, Zarda, House of Hooch and Flavor Maid donuts - as well as a dry cleaner and a carwash.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:13 AM   #71
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

The time this summer i took my kayak on the Rio Grand in New Mexico.

Didn't go as planned as i wiped out several times and was in over my head. Didn't take me long to realize the Oh shit i'm ****ed now with the current of the water going quicker than i anticipated and going over rocks that were unforgiving. Each time i wiped out i was like a pinball in the water banging my legs against rocks. I'd had to pull my kayak to the side and dump gallons of water out and that was a bitch to do. Then i lost my ore and it went ahead of me but i was up shit creek without a paddle. I'd go backwards in the kayak and then got hung up on a big rock and hit my head. I was going backwards in the kayak and got hung up on a big rock and hit my head. Then water started flowing in and I knew i was ****ed. it dumped me out again but this time the kayak was stuck and i was holding onto it with my legs flowing in the current i had to make a life decision and thought to myself "I can always buy a new kayak but I can't buy a new me" so I let go of the damned thing and the water flung me from the kayak and i couldn't muster strength to go recover it and got beat up by moar rocks as i made my way to the side of the river. Glad i put the life jacket on or i know I would have been a gonner.

So I made it to the side but walking the side of the river was a bitch I found my ore at least and then made it up the side of the ravine and along the shoulder of the highway but had to walk on the edge of the road from the barriers that kept cars and trucks from running me over. I walked and walked 3 and half miles in water shoes that do not prevent cactus needles going into your foot.

I was exhausted betime i got to my destination where my ride was waiting for me. I just about collapsed.

Come to find out i kayaked the Racecourse level 4 experience and people have died doing what i did. All i can say is it was fun.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.