Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Recognizing that the price is low, would you buy this place as ... ?
Part 1: An office for your company? 11 9.24%
Definitely. Nice building, good price. 56 47.06%
Probably. Just put interns in the haunted parts. 19 15.97%
Maybe, but I'd pay more for a non-haunted building. 6 5.04%
Probably not. Ghosts aren't great for business. 13 10.92%
Definitely not. The spirits will destroy your accounts receivable. 6 5.04%
Part 2: A private home? 11 9.24%
Definitely. Looks cool. 55 46.22%
Probably. Just avoid the most haunted parts. 8 6.72%
Maybe, but I'd pay more for a non-haunted home. 11 9.24%
Probably not. Constant fear is bad for one's health. 16 13.45%
Definitely not. I don't want to die. 14 11.76%
I'd need to send in my medium before I could knowledgeably vote. 7 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-2009, 11:24 AM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Would you buy a haunted house?

There's a screaming deal on a haunted house not far from where I live. It's enormous, and I think I could convert it to an office given its zoning and a previous use as an office. However, there's the little matter of being haunted.

http://www.fullerproperties.com/sear...2a4e&propNo=11

It looks like it needs some work on the inside:

http://www.rockymountainparanormal.com/galleries/croke/

Some ghostly stuff:

http://www.ghostpi.com/Photos-Croke-...n-Campbell.htm

http://www.spiritpi.com/investigatio...ansion2005.htm
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:58 AM   #61
Big Red Nuts

Is the ghost hot?
Mr. Krab Loves all of Deberg's threads.Mr. Krab Loves all of Deberg's threads.Mr. Krab Loves all of Deberg's threads.Mr. Krab Loves all of Deberg's threads.Mr. Krab Loves all of Deberg's threads.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:36 AM   #62
Mahomes Dynasty

No such thing as ghosts, go ahead and buy it.
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlchiefs View Post
Spirit Orbs? Sounds like baloney to me.
I always find that so hokie when people talk about these "orbs". It's called DUST people.
kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:12 AM   #64
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Okay, I walked by it today and asked any ghosts to appear in the window if they didn't want me there. None appeared, so I think I'm clear.

However, I have another theory on the cheap price. The building is constructed of sandstone blocks, and I've never understood using sandstone as a construction material. It's got a lot of areas that are cracking badly, and I bet it would cost more than the house price to get all of that restored. That, more than the ghosts, might explain the price.

Nonetheless, it's still an unbelievably cool house. If it's still on the market in another six months, I might ask for a showing.
You will find this to be interesting reading...

http://www.edisoncoatings.com/html/P...restoratio.htm
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:16 AM   #65
Cheaterlover*

I'd buy the house, but I wouldn't buy the Atari cartridge again. Lame-ass follow-up to "Adventure"... and when you make ducks-for-dinosaurs, an arrow-for-a-sword, and a block-for-an-avatar look good, you REALLY suck.

JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:42 AM   #66
Space Cadet and Aczabel

Quote:
I'm more interested in it as an office than a house (even though it'd be a way cool house), and I've still got another year on my current lease. I actually am seriously interested in it, though.

One caveat is parking, which I think is tough in that area, but parking can be overcome.
It could be a live in office too. I was figuring it as a office and rent out part to make your payment. 12,000 sqft is big!
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:43 AM   #67
Space Cadet and Aczabel

And monthly parking for employees paid by them is usually part of the deal downtown
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #68
Drunk in the Neighborhood

Buy it.

Call Paranormal State, but agree to let them film only if they bring Chip Coffey.

Watch the hilarity ensue.
tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:41 PM   #69
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lane View Post
It could be a live in office too. I was figuring it as a office and rent out part to make your payment. 12,000 sqft is big!
Yeah, it's far more space than we need, but I wouldn't turn it down.

Soooo...you want to be an investor?
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #70
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
You will find this to be interesting reading...

http://www.edisoncoatings.com/html/P...restoratio.htm
Interesting indeed. I wonder what it would cost? When I walked by today, the portico between the house and the carriage house had a tarp on it where it was being restored, but that's about 1% of the house.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:17 PM   #71
Opie and Anthony XM 105

Quote:
Yeah, it's far more space than we need, but I wouldn't turn it down.

Soooo...you want to be an investor?
You could make part of it a company workout area and put in a nice steam room/lockerroom, some raquetball courts, a weightlifting area, and some good cardio equipment...maybe even a heavybag. Just a way to say thank you to your employees and to keep them healthy and happy.
Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #72
Opie and Anthony XM 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus View Post
You could make part of it a company workout area and put in a nice steam room/lockerroom, some raquetball courts, a weightlifting area, and some good cardio equipment...maybe even a heavybag. Just a way to say thank you to your employees and to keep them healthy and happy.
On second thought that might piss off the ghosts. They might get jealous that you are trying to keep everyone healthy and living longer.
Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:24 PM   #73
Drunk in the Neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus View Post
On second thought that might piss off the ghosts. They might get jealous that you are trying to keep everyone healthy and living longer.
What if the ghost was a boxer?
tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tomahawk kid must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:25 PM   #74
Veteran

If you are serious, you need to get an inspection done by a company with some deep pockets that has a good reputation.

That building is old and could have all kinds of problems. If that property has asbestos it could be worth nothing. Make sure you know what you are doing on this. It is probably cheap for a reason.

Good looking building though.
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #75
Veteran

Quote:
Cool. You can have the office where the Dobermans fled to their death in terror.
That one could be called the Elway Room .....
38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.38yrsfan would the whole thing.