Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM  
Veteran

I have cut the cord, How to watch the games.

I have cut the cord because only watch TV for the Chiefs. A long time ago my locals worked in the city. +25 years ago based upon litigation my locals are now Topeka, which is considered not to be KC market. I could though, through CBS NBC ABC, get the games unless they were on prime, peacock, NFL network. But again the only reason I sign up for cable was to watch the games.

Years ago I queried the CP about streaming. Most the comments were negative.

If the games are shown on prime/peacock/NFL network, in theory about 6 to 8 games you will need those services. In the future how many more alternate platforms will NFL choose.

Therefore I ask the CP how best to watch games? Without cable/DirecTV/dish network.

One answer I understand as possible, YouTube TV. I've not very much experience with that. Additionally I believe it costs around 80 or $90 a month. But again, I would only use it to watch the Chiefs.

A friend of mine offered an alternative called VONWIK. From what I understand, they allow 23,000 channels, possibly a Canadian company?, That would allow me to watch the games. This cost $15 a month. Again with 23,000 channels. Also you can't PAUSE/RECORD the game. Dunno. My friend is going to test it again this weekend.

He stated Sunday ticket will show all the games, but he found Chiefs games were blacked out. Don't know.

With the advent of newer and newer technology every year, is there some way to watch the games at a reasonable price. I don't watch TV except for the games.

What say you CP members as ideas?
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM   #61
Forever Royal

Amazon is loaded with simple cheap antennas/rabbit ears that advertise reaching those miles. Just stick it by the window facing the tower for the best possible results.
mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM   #62
Snacks Are Under My Apron

https://thetvapp.to/
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM   #63
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

What's really ****ed up here is how to watch a game live when you live in the KC metro area. I know the NFL is trying to squeeze every bit of blood from the turnup, but I'm not sure I'm clear on how to get all NFL games, especially Chiefs games? YouTubeTV? YouTubeTV with NFL ticket added to it? What?

Bars must be loving this bullshit, they can write-off all these subscriptions...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM   #64
Veteran

Quote:
Amazon is loaded with simple cheap antennas/rabbit ears that advertise reaching those miles. Just stick it by the window facing the tower for the best possible results.
Not sure if believable, I will check it out. I am not going to hoist a 12' antennae on to my roof or tower again

Looks like it only shows Lions v Chiefs????
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 01:30 AM   #65
Inmem 2.0

StreamEast should be your best friend!
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:02 AM   #66
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladay View Post
Not sure if believable, I will check it out. I am not going to hoist a 12' antennae on to my roof or tower again

I have three of them up, two are in the attic and one is on my shed out back. The one on the shed is for our firetv recast box.

I watched the game yesterday on a channel I had never watched before, Metv, channel 27.1. It had it's bad reception moments, but ok for the most part.

In looking at the Chiefs schedule, my concern is week 5 and 9 on ESPN. Last year we were fortunate to have ABC carry the ESPN games as well but it looks like the laptop for those games at this point?

We have Prime and Netflix so those games are good.

Last edited by HemiEd; Today at 05:53 AM..
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:12 AM   #67
Snacks Are Under My Apron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladay View Post
From my experience, if the program is on, they will play it. There’s even a PPV tab. Not to mention a slew of other channels available. I just mirror to my tv AirPlay.
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:38 AM   #68
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
StreamEast should be your best friend!
Yesterdays streams were all tainted with bad juju. My AVG was going crazy blocking everything.

It's not the workaround it used to be.

I tried a bunch and they all had the same tainted feed with 6-7 redirects. Many are all run by the same huckster.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:33 AM   #69
Veteran

Venue looked like an interesting option until Fubo sued it. I will be subscribing to YouTube TV and NFL Sunday Ticket. I enjoy watching the Chiefs and whatever second game I want.
UteChief has disabled reputation
Old Today, 11:37 AM   #70
The Insider

Basically what ever streaming service that has the Topeka locals and ESPN at the price point you want is what you need. That will get you all the games expect Black Friday and Christmas.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:02 PM   #71
Veteran

:This seems like a situation where you should have your grandchild hook you up.:
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Old Today, 12:37 PM   #72
The Dude Abides

I do mostly sports, news, and YouTube for entertainment. Cut the cord. 2 yrs ago, mostly, except streaming keeps getting more speedy. I stream selectively.

I do antenna for locals. It gets me the CBS and Fox games. Free. I do Sling Orange/Blue, $55… get ESPN including SNF/MNF, NFL Redzone, TBS, TNT, and WGN. We also have Amazon Prime for shopping….So ThNF, movies, and shopping. With that I get 90-95% of games, especially. with Chief’s games mostly primetime, I get 13-14 Chiefs games that way. For the other 3-4…I trial subscribe to Peacock, Pluto, Fubo or whatever other oddball service they put random games on….holidays, etc. Then I cancel the trial subscription. Use a throwaway/junk email for sign-up.

That also gets me a lot of high profile “other” sports I might want to watch—college BB, FB, playoff, and March Madness. Any really weird broadcast I’ll go to a sports bar for. It’s worked well for me, and I’ve saved $80-120 a month off usual cable or satellite highway robbery.
Mr. Kotter has disabled reputation
Old Today, 01:16 PM   #73
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
What's really ****ed up here is how to watch a game live when you live in the KC metro area. I know the NFL is trying to squeeze every bit of blood from the turnup, but I'm not sure I'm clear on how to get all NFL games, especially Chiefs games? YouTubeTV? YouTubeTV with NFL ticket added to it? What?

Bars must be loving this bullshit, they can write-off all these subscriptions...
YouTubeTV with NFL ticket gets you most of the games, it's just that it is expensive.

Prime for Thursday and then whatever BS with some one off Peacock stuff.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 01:53 PM   #74
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
YouTubeTV with NFL ticket gets you most of the games, it's just that it is expensive.

Prime for Thursday and then whatever BS with some one off Peacock stuff.
Find a college kid. Sunday ticket is $200. I screwed up and missed out on the $109 promotion.
UteChief has disabled reputation
Old Today, 02:13 PM   #75
Baby Cry Cry

sunday ticket, illegal streams, or nfl+ and watch later

thats about it
St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.St. Patty's Fire is too fat/Omaha.