Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-01-2021, 07:20 AM  
MVP

Mahomes wants 20-0

http://https://www.google.com/amp/s/...fect-20-0/amp/

"The only record I have my eyes set on breaking, which would be new this year, would be going 20-0," Mahomes said. "It's not really a record to be broken I guess you would say—19-0 is the record right now—so being able to go 20-0 and being the first one to do that, that would be awesome."
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:19 AM   #61
In Search of a Life

It's cool to talk about, but it really isn't likely.

You've gotta rest some dudes and you just wanna be healthy in December and january.

If you lost a game in October because you were doing some load management or something and you're healthy late, who cares.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 11:22 AM   #62
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
It would be one thing if he didn't have a Super Bowl. He already has the MVP, Super Bowl champ, 3 consecutive AFC Championship appearances.

I can completely see why he would want to also now get the best record in all of NFL history - 20-0.
I can totally see why he'd want to go 20-0 given his list of accomplishments so far. It's nice to have stretch goals, it's what keeps you moving forward and not getting stagnant.

That being said, it's still a meaningless achievement in the grand scheme of things.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:26 AM   #63
Shaken. Not stirred.

So what other team in the conference will keep the chiefs from resting players the last two weeks if they actually have a shot at going undefeated?

Undefeated is a nice goal but winning the superbowl is more important.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 11:33 AM   #64
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Let's just set focus on beating the Browns and take it from there one game at a time everyone is beatable but we have our work cut out to go 20-0. Who wouldn't love that?
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:37 AM   #65
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Pretty much this.

What was the Chiefs regular season record the year they won the Super Bowl?

I know it's 12-4, but I do have to think about it for a couple of seconds. "Wait, or was it 11-5?" I second guess myself, then say, "No, I remember it being 12-4" then count which games we lost to make sure I'm right.

And that's our magical Super Bowl season. I have to resort to mind tricks to remember something like that the year we won the freakin Super Bowl.

11-3 in 1969 when they finished 2nd to the Faid who were 12-1-1. No cares what record it took to get your playoff position, just that you won the Super Bowl.

But if the Chiefs would go 20-0 they would go down as the greatest team in NFL history.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:40 AM   #66
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best22 View Post
There are three 18-1 teams: 1984 49ers, 1985 Bears, and the 2007 Patriots. The first two actually won their Super Bowls

That’s why the 84 49ers & the 85 Bears are considered great. If they had lost the Super Bowl....different story.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:45 AM   #67
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
The 1971 (season) Super Bowl (played in 1972) was won by the Colts.

The 1973 (season) Super Bowl (played in 1974) was won by the Dolphins.

The Cowboys beat the Dolphins in Super Bowl VI. You are thinking of Super Bowl V when the Colts beat the Cowboys.

Dolphins did win Super Bowl VIII vs the Vikings.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:46 AM   #68
El Gato Gordo Loco Anaranjado

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
So what other team in the conference will keep the chiefs from resting players the last two weeks if they actually have a shot at going undefeated?

Undefeated is a nice goal but winning the superbowl is more important.
If we were 15-0 or 16-0 I wouldn't rest any of the players. And as apparent from Mahomes comment, I don't think he would rest or allow the coaching staff to rest him if they had that kind of season going. That is greatness.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:46 AM   #69
Politically Incorrect

There is a reason the 1972 Dolphins are the only undefeated team in NFL history.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:47 AM   #70
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
This just means Patrick is calling his shot that the Chiefs will win the Super Bowl next season

Old 06-01-2021, 11:47 AM   #71
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

I want to win the Super Bowl more than anything but if we lose any games just as long as it's not to the Raiders, Broncos or Cowboys i can live with what ever record. **** the Raiders twice, Broncos twice & the Cowboys.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:53 AM   #72
Veteran

I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but give me a 12-4 Super Bowl winner Chiefs over a 14-2 Super Bowl losing Chiefs. Don't care if they go undefeated, the priority is and should always be winning the Super Bowl. Heck, give me a 12-4 Super Bowl winner over an 18 - 1 Super Bowl loser.....
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 12:03 PM   #73
Praise Him

pfft...give me 8-10 Superbowls

That is what a 1/2 billion dollar Qb should do
King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.King_Chief_Fan has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 06-01-2021, 12:08 PM   #74
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Super Bowl wins > everything else

I think that's obvious to everyone except kansas basketball fans who want to think rare regular season achievements are more impressive than winning the title.

But I don't see anything wrong with a competitor wanting to finish a season undefeated/perfect.

I think we're going to see locked-in, ruthless Patrick Mahomes II. And that's good for the Chiefs and bad for the rest of the league.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2021, 12:08 PM   #75
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
There is a reason the 1972 Dolphins are the only undefeated team in NFL history.
It was and remains quite an accomplishment, but there was only a 14 game regular season schedule back then. IMO, some team would have matched it had the number of games stayed at 14.
TEX has disabled reputation