Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-09-2024, 09:14 AM  
Supporter

What's a good alternative to Keurig

Our Keurig duo just broke. This is the second one we've had (first one broke while still under warranty). I would like to hear some suggestions. Anything that will last longer, better quality, etc.? Or is this just the nature of these kinds of appliances?

Currently, I'm looking at this:

https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-CFP101-...en%2C84&sr=1-1
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2024, 09:06 PM   #61
Changes pants while driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
The water quality in Arizona is one of the worst and DESTROYS everything ot touches.
It's filtered by all of the dead bodies in Lake Mead.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2024, 12:52 AM   #62
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graystoke View Post
This

Plus This

= simplified beauty one cup at a time.
I have a 6-cup Hario V60 pour over I use to fill a 1-liter Gint carafe. It takes me 5 minutes to make enough coffee for a whole morning. Total equipment investment is $42. I also grind my own beans fresh daily, so the grinder is extra. It took some experimenting to find the best value bean and the right coffee-to-water ratio, but now I brew the best coffee to my taste simply, economically, and with zero plastic waste.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 12:54 AM   #63
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Almost any other coffee maker is better than a Keurig. But I prefer a French press. I may have gone a little overboard though, as I now have three of the things, small (1.5-2 cup) medium (3-4 cups) and large (6-8 cups).
I switched from French press to pour over. Will never look back.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 06:21 AM   #64
Exasperated

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
I switched from French press to pour over. Will never look back.
I bought a pour over and tried to like it. Didn't work. The press coffee is just so rich and full.
Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.Buddy Rich would the whole thing.
Old 07-11-2024, 07:27 AM   #65
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy View Post
Not descaling it?
I do that but not as frequently as I should. Plus, our water might have too much minerals. Wife has been wanting a water softener but I don't care for soft water.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2024, 07:29 AM   #66
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
What the hell are you doing to your coffee maker?
I have had a Keurig for 6 years and never had an issue.
Oh, and the other thing is that this particular model lasted less than 1 year with the first one we had. They replaced it under warranty. Perhaps Keurig isn't always top quality?
Old 07-11-2024, 07:36 AM   #67
Veteran

Has anyone tried the Yeti French Press?
Like all Yeti products, it is overpriced (~$100), but their products are sturdy.
It has insulated walls so coffee stays hot, and they claim some filtration system that halts brewing.

Wondering if anyone thinks its worth the price?
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Old 07-11-2024, 07:40 AM   #68
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo View Post
Pick it up, raise it into the air, smack the bottom with a rubber mallet 3 times.

It will start working again.
I knew a young lady like that once. Raise her up in the air, smack her bottom 3 times and she'd get right back to work also.....
tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-11-2024, 07:56 AM   #69
When a nightmare becomes real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
I do that but not as frequently as I should. Plus, our water might have too much minerals. Wife has been wanting a water softener but I don't care for soft water.
Yeah, our water is pretty hard - I switched over to filtered water and that has helped with coffee.
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-11-2024, 09:25 AM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
I bought a pour over and tried to like it. Didn't work. The press coffee is just so rich and full.
I did French Press for years and eventually got tired of the oils and flavor.
A big downside to the press was dealing with loose grounds and cleaning it up after use.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2024, 11:08 AM   #71
Rookie

We like the Nespresso machines / coffee. Can make espresso shots or a full cup of coffee. Pods are not overly cheap, but good quality.

This machine is great - I have one at the office that's lasted 6+ years with near daily use.

Nespresso Inissia Espresso Machine by De'Longhi,24 oz, Black 139.95
COChiefs ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.COChiefs ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 11:33 AM   #72
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois View Post
Has anyone tried the Yeti French Press?
Like all Yeti products, it is overpriced (~$100), but their products are sturdy.
It has insulated walls so coffee stays hot, and they claim some filtration system that halts brewing.

Wondering if anyone thinks its worth the price?

What's it cost?

I have the Stanley press. Actually my 2-cup version is also Stanley, so I have two of them. They also are both insulated (double-wall construction) and made from stainless steel so very durable. And less expensive. Just not as pretty.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2024, 12:03 PM   #73
Beer Sherpa

We've loved the Bonavita Connoisseur.

NYTimes Wirecutter currently has the Bonavita Enthusiast as one of their top choices, but it costs $250 vs $180 for the Connoisseur.
Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 07-11-2024, 01:06 PM   #74
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoarethechefs View Post
I love my Moccamaster, its a little pricy, but its been bullet proof for 6 years and makes the best coffee every time, well depending on the beans lol, oh and its very fast , full pot in about 5 mins.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09NM...c3ce3718a&th=1
I have one with a smaller stainless steel carafe instead of the heating plate but it makes a damn good cup of coffee and also easy to adjust for a half pot. Basically get the results of a pour over if you also have a decent enough grinder.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-11-2024, 06:35 PM   #75
YOU take YOUR seat

Ran out of coffee yesterday, woke up this morning had to make myself an instant tasters choice. I have that stored away in the pantry for this situation. It doesn't taste great but 2 heaping tablespoons in a cup sure had more caffeine damn! Went out today and got some better coffee though
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.