Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-12-2023, 04:42 PM  
Life is changing..

Colin Kaepernick’s agent has reached out to the New York Jets.

In the wake of the New York Jets losing quarterback Aaron Rodgers for the remainder of the season due to a torn Achilles, the team was reportedly contacted by another veteran signal-caller.

Per NFL insider Jordan Schultz, Colin Kaepernick said his agent reached out to the Jets to express his desire to make a return to the league.

Kaepernick hasn't played in the NFL since the 2016 season after he protested police brutality and racial injustice by kneeling during the national anthem. He spent all six years of his career with the San Francisco 49ers, leading the team to a Super Bowl appearance in the 2012 season.

While the 35-year-old has made it clear that he hopes to continue his career, no NFL team has come close to signing him. He told Sports Illustrated's Gilberto Manzano in July that he's still working out in hopes of getting another shot at returning to the league.

"I'm going to keep pushing," Kaepernick said. "I'm going to keep fighting for it because I know I can step on the field and play. Every workout, every opportunity I've had to show that, the feedback has always been positive."

Kaepernick released a workout video this summer that saw him throwing passes to NFL players including Tennessee Titans star Derrick Henry, Dallas Cowboys receiver CeeDee Lamb and Miami Dolphins speedster Jaylen Waddle. All the players raved about his abilities, saying that he can still perform at a high level.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2023, 01:54 PM   #61
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I didn't think about that, but my first memory of him was playing in a game for Nevada against Missouri and Chase Daniel. That was a long ****ing time ago.

I remember being impressed with his play during that game. Obviously it was really long ****ing time ago.
He did have one good season as a pro. I believe it was 2012.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2023, 04:13 PM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
He really doesn't want to play. He just wants attention.....and money.
Dude, I normally like your takes but this one is...well......not good.

Kapernick is responsible for all of the crap. He brought it on himself.
You just said the same thing I said. I said he's trolling and isn't serious. His career WAS ruined by nonsense, I never said where it originated or who was to blame.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-13-2023, 07:59 PM   #63
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razaele View Post
Kaepernick is almost 36 years old, and has not played a down since 2016.

This is an unserious suggestion by his agent, which is simply designed to get his name back in the news.
If you have your agent making calls, not taking calls, you should probably read the tea leaves…
mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.mdchiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2023, 08:42 PM   #64
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimo View Post
You just said the same thing I said. I said he's trolling and isn't serious. His career WAS ruined by nonsense, I never said where it originated or who was to blame.
But did he ruin his career due to other nonsense, or did he ruin it with his own divisive nonsense?

He was given multiple chances to stick around the league, but if he couldn't be #1 wherever he went immediately, he was willing to piss it all away for martyr status... he's such a huge turd its laughable
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 09:18 PM   #65
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post

mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2023, 09:54 PM   #66
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan View Post
If you have your agent making calls, not taking calls, you should probably read the tea leaves…
Kaepernick could have found another team, but he was not willing to go anywhere that he would have had to compete for the job, nor was he willing to sign for a commensurate salary.

All of this may have been a calculation, of course, to advance what he thought was going to be a blossoming new career as a victim/activist. Staging public workouts and getting these stories published in the friendly sports media every time a QB is injured is all part of that.

Unfortunately for him, his efforts to become a media personality have been so unsuccessful that if it gets any worse he might have to change his surname to "Markle"
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2023, 07:24 AM   #67
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Kaepernick is almost 36 years old, and has not played a down since 2016.

This is an unserious suggestion by his agent, which is simply designed to get his name back in the news.
I used to work for the Omaha Beef, a very small Indoor Football team. Back when Tebow was released from the Jets, the Beef made noise for about 15 minutes on ESPN (so national attention) by offering Tebow a contract to play for the Beef.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tebow-contract

Yes. It was a stunt. Worked for the Beef, we got mentioned on ESPN...not that it did much, but yay. But, that was understandable, the Beef are a 2 bit organization just looking for some press. For Kap...it's just pitiful.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 07:39 AM   #68
Starter

Quote:
Unfortunately for him, his efforts to become a media personality have been so unsuccessful that if it gets any worse he might have to change his surname to "Markle"
I'm not a fan of him, but he is still making a couple million/year in endorsements. Not bad for a mediocre QB with a short career. He knew exactly what he was doing with pretending he was still interested in a football comeback. Dislike him all you want, but I'd say he is far from being unsuccessful with his schtick and pretending to be a victim.
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-14-2023, 01:09 PM   #69
It was not a fair catch

displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2023, 01:15 PM   #70
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimo View Post
You're right. Sorry about that. I guess I misunderstood your meaning.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2023, 02:28 PM   #71
It was not a fair catch

displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2023, 02:59 PM   #72
MVP

For all the Colin Kaepernick hate in here, it's probably worth pointing out that YOU GUYS still care enough to post about him.

He's never playing in the NFL again, the only reason to start a thread about him is...

gasp...

being an attention whore.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2023, 04:57 PM   #73
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Begging to join the Jets practice squad…

FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2023, 05:00 PM   #74
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
For all the Colin Kaepernick hate in here, it's probably worth pointing out that YOU GUYS still care enough to post about him.

He's never playing in the NFL again, the only reason to start a thread about him is...

gasp...

being an attention whore.
"Leave him alone!"
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2023, 05:04 PM   #75
Veteran

LOL. People that don't know sports have no idea how terrible Kaepernick was at life. He was screwing one of his teammates wives and pissed off his own offensive line and they just stopped blocking for him. He was garbage. And then when he got benched (rightfully) he acted like a two year old and sat by himself on the bench. He was an awkward social outcast until he started protesting.
seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.