Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Which one do you prefer?
Red Lobster 64 57.14%
Olive Garden 48 42.86%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2016, 02:39 PM  
Live free or die hard

Red Lobster vs. Olive Garden

So, you're walking down the street minding your own business and I come up behind you (lets pretend I'm 6' 6" 260 and not 5' 9") and get you in a rear naked choke.

I say you have to have dinner with me and I'll take the cuffs off I bound us by the ankles with with my magical extra set of hands if you promise not to have food on lip that makes me uncomfortable and spoils an otherwise fine dining experience.

There are only two options: Red Lobster or Olive Garden. Where do we eat?
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:14 PM   #61
The Constitutional Choo choo

Sea food smells like pussy. So I'm going with Red Lobster Wings
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:16 PM   #62
Veteran

Well I've now worked for Red Lobster for 25 yrs.
Managed for 15 and no matter how sick I am of looking at Lobster and Shrimp..not to mention the Biscuits I'd choose Red Lobster.

Red Lobster and OG were sister companies til two yrs ago and I've been in both kitchens many times.

There is no comparison in quality or freshness.
Olive Gardens is the fast food version of true Italian.
I married into the Mob.
My wife takes two days to make her homemade sauce not 15 minutes.

Through the yrs I've grumbled about internal changes and how we/Red Lobster get more and more pre frozen
products in but for the most part everything is still fresh and made in house.

The Biscuits that everyone drools over can be easily made at home.
I've never tried the Red Lobster box you can now purchase but I'm sure its close.
For the most part its simply Bisquick add cheddar cheese cook in a convection oven.
Now the thing thats not so easy to replicate is the garlic butter.
We use a liquid butter and our own version of garlic powder that you cant just purchase in a store.

I fully understand the Prices are Out of control!
I'm still shocked that we have regulars that are in 2 or 3 times a week.
If your going to leave with your bellies full a family of four with tip can easily hit the $150.00 mark.
The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.The Iron Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:17 PM   #63

Kill me. They both suck.
bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:24 PM   #64
Supporter

I guess BigDaddy done died. RIP
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:28 PM   #65
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

The boxed RL biscuits do NOT taste like actual RL biscuits
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:11 PM   #66
Politically Incorrect

Are you really asking if I prefer cow shit or horse shit? Seriously?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:16 PM   #67
Cheat Death

I honestly can't recall having been to either. Not out of some snobbery, the opportunity just never came up, I guess. I will say that RL does a better job of advertising. The way that water flings off the crab leg when cracked does look fresh and appealing. And the way they plunge it into what looks like melted butter, splashing all about, really sends it home.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:40 PM   #68
MVP

They're both fine.
ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ILChief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-18-2016, 06:32 PM   #69
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Been back for over a week. It's nice to see family but wow, the traffic, the high paced lifestyle and having to wear a suit is what I don't miss. I'll put up with a hippie drum circle doing bong hits in the skate park and mountains and being able to ride my bike everywhere anytime.

I blame you for showing me Cook City you bastard.
Heh I knew damn well after your reaction to the mountains that the PA city life would be in the rear view mirror and you would be moving. Hope you survived the Red Slopster!
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:41 PM   #70
Cheaterlover*

Olive Garden is much better than it used to be. Red Lobster pissed me off because it took the crab & lobster fondue off the menu. But they still do a solid job on seafood (I like the crab alfredo).

However, the best part of Red Lobster is the biscuits. Now, here's a secret: they sell the biscuit mix in supermarkets. And my wife, who is by NO MEANS a cook, makes them. And she puts in a shitload more cheese than they say. And they come out ****ing awesome. Like, "ten times better than Red Lobster, she makes a dozen and we eat six each for dinner" awesome. Seriously, try them. They even give you the little dry pack of topping and you just nuke some butter in the microwave, stir in the powder, and brush the tops of the biscuits when they're done. Easy peasy.
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:53 PM   #71
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Could open a can of Chef Boyardee raviolis and say it's from the Olive Garden and make a candle lit dinner at home.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:34 PM   #72
Supporter

Olive Garden. It's better to eat poorly prepared Italian than poorly prepared seafood. This is a ridiculously easy and obvious question. If you're going to waste your money, waste it on pasta as it's a lot cheaper and can't be ****ed up nearly as bad.
RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RJ Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:55 PM   #73
Supporter

Red Lobster.

You can't even get sausage and peppers at Olive Garden any more.
Italian restaurant failure complete.
alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-19-2016, 01:28 AM   #74
DadLeft4Cigarettes

do you guys get my right n vote for waffle hos okay

tits better then booth of them two put tugether not event an contrast ether
Old 11-19-2016, 07:05 AM   #75
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predarat View Post
10-15 years ago I would say Red Lobster easily. But now their Cheddar Biscuits are as dry as croutons, and they are more stingy with them. They used to hand them out continuously. The Lobster crumbles at the touch of the fork, and the shrimp has the consistency of a rubber artificial fishing worm. And its way over priced. Olive Garden for me, Never Ending salad and breadsticks + Tour of Italy.
This right here. Tour of Italy from Olive Garden. Every red lobster I've been to sucks and I'm a seafood lover being from the gulf coast. Too many good locally owned seafood joints to go to here.
dannybcaitlyn has disabled reputation