Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM  
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

Should I Grant A Full Refund On A Non Refundable Airbnb Rental in Helene Hit West NC

Lets see what Chiefsplanet says on this one...

We have an Airbnb up in Western North Carolina where hurricane Helene hit and has done so much damage. We rented to a lady who chose to pick a non-refundable purchase which gave her a discount at the time of her booking. We are currently up and operational minus our hot tub. We are not filling those for a number of reasons due to the issues with Helene and our renters' agreements states we do not give refunds for things of that nature. Her stay isn't until the 20th and it is about a $1100 payout.

The guest asked for a full refund because she doesn't want to travel here, and she is stating she can't get here but she can. She may have to take a slight detour from the normal route but she can get here.

Airbnb has stated we don't have to give her any type of refund since she did select the non-refundable option. Would you give the full refund? Half a refund? None of it?

We have given others full refunds and/or credit for other stays but she is the only one who got a discount for booking as non-refundable.
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM   #61
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhater View Post
I really cannot get on board with the tailgate fraud comparison that some are throwing around. We are not talking about the purchaser driving up to the address of the Airbnb to find an empty lot. If that were the case, then the comparison would have plenty of merit, otherwise these are two totally separate issues.

To my mind, this issue is fairly cut and dry: a hurricane is a legitimate reason to waive a no cancellation policy. Even if the house is in good order, what is the area as a whole dealing with? If this is just a little vacation (admittedly assuming here) is there much to do in the area at this point? Does the community even want tourists or would they just be in the way? Granted, I don't know what the extent of the damage is in that area so I am just addressing some possibilities.

Regardless of all the specifics, it just seems like, at the very least, good business sense to grant a refund minus whatever fees may be at play.
It's because the majority of the posters on this site would rather be a dickhead when the OP is really just seeking advice on a difficult situation.

Nothing new here.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM   #62

Just to fill everyone in... we offered $100 cancellation, and she took it.

And ptylon and Jewish Rabbi are still dumbasses.
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 7 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM   #63
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRichard View Post

Good on you Sir.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM   #64
Supporter

Can you allow her to reschedule for sometime in the next six months?
IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Yesterday, 06:20 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan View Post
Can you allow her to reschedule for sometime in the next six months?
We actually gave some guests 18 months because we have no idea how long this will take.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM   #66
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
We actually gave some guests 18 months because we have no idea how long this will take.
Good on ya, dude. It’s a shame Airbnb is so ridiculous with their policies. It does put the owners in a difficult spot.

And I hope your money from ATL is returned to you soon.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM   #67
Elway be drinkin' again

Quote:
Just to fill everyone in... we offered $100 cancellation, and she took it.....................
Good on you!
Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Shiver Me Timbers is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM   #68
New and Improved

Quote:

So...uh....got any pics of her?
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM   #69
Veteran

Quote:
We can do this with other guests(and did with several booking) depending on how they booked... we tend not to do this when the booking was through Airbnb. No other way to book allows non-refundable either though. Airbnb just make things difficult to work outside of their channels.
Cut Airbnb out and just have her email you when she wants to use her time. I would also have it expire within a reasonable amount of time. 12 months
UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM   #70
Veteran

Quote:

Sounds like a great way to handle it. I work for a bank in Wilmington. Where is your place and do you have others?
UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.UteChief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteChief View Post
Sounds like a great way to handle it. I work for a bank in Wilmington. Where is your place and do you have others?
Yep, we have 5 cabins on 17 acres up here in the mountains. I can PM you the website if you like.
Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM   #72
Veteran

Quote:
Yep, we have 5 cabins on 17 acres up here in the mountains. I can PM you the website if you like.
Please do.
Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM   #73
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
+ 1 please. Love the area.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old Yesterday, 07:28 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteChief View Post
Please do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
+ 1 please. Love the area.
Done!
Old Yesterday, 07:28 PM   #75
MVP

This gets people to drive hundreds of miles in adult diapers to slash your tires. To start
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.