Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM  
Hockey Town

Boy it looks like the Chiefs really don't like their CB room

On top of claiming Eric Scott

They also placed claims on Shemar Bartholomew and Sam Womack III. Even though they were only awarded 1 because of other teams placing 3 claims on corners is telling.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM   #61
Veteran

The Defense was going to take a step back.

Well, this is that step back. I think all you can do is hope it's not too much of a weakness. If it is, then yeah, maybe hope you can make a deal.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM   #62
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz View Post
The Defense was going to take a step back.

Well, this is that step back. I think all you can do is hope it's not too much of a weakness. If it is, then yeah, maybe hope you can make a deal.
Outside of last year how often has KC had a truly elite secondary in the Mahomes era?
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM   #63
**** you, you cretin.

BAH GAWD IT SURE DOESN’T
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM   #64
Choco Favre

Mcduffie, Watson and Williams are plenty good enough

Wbf
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:25 PM   #65
Starter

I think if it were something they were really worried about as opposed to just trying to get better at the back end of the group if they see someone they like more, Veach would've traded for those CBs (guaranteeing they get them, like they did with Cam Thomas) instead of trying to grab them off the waiver wire when they're last in the pecking order. If it were about trying to get better at CB2, they'd probably go get a vet CB. I also doubt they thought they'd get all three CBs they put in waiver claims for, so maybe that was an approach to see if they could get one of them, and they did.
Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chiefsfan1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:32 PM   #66
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
I assume his knee must be pretty bad, based on how much trouble we had getting him traded, and the fact we didn't even get a current year pick for him. And then his new contract only made him 9th in AAV for CBs.
Find out soon enough. I say it was a short sell on Sneed. Let's see how much he plays. That knee... is worrisome.

Now that he's gone, people here think he's was the 2nd coming of Ronnie Lott. The simple answer is score more points than the other team.
Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Straight, No Chaser must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Today, 12:16 AM   #67
Veteran

We're going to be worse in the secondary and it could be more than I originally thought. I think it'll be a reasonable step back that's offset by the offense.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Today, 01:00 AM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger View Post
Here are the facts

1. We have Mahomes.

Fixed it for you.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:21 AM   #69
Choco Favre

This team feels exactly like the 2019 team with a better pass rush
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:12 AM   #70
offense > defense

People really overlook how much we have 3 safeties on the field. It's one thing to doubt the CB depth, but Reid/Cook/Conner/Hicks is VERY nice.
CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.
Old Today, 04:16 AM   #71
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
This team feels exactly like the 2019 team with a better pass rush
...and better O line, better LB's, better HB's, better D line (by January,) and a much deeper safety room.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:51 AM   #72
MVP

Since Chamarri Conner is going to probably be playing slot corner full-time, it makes our depth look worse than it really is since he’s technically a safety. Josh Williams showed more than enough at the end of last year to convince me he can be a full time #2 on the outside.

We’ve seen flashes from Watson as well. Depth is definitely a concern, but how many teams really have 4-5 good corners? It just really doesn’t happen, last year was an anomaly for this team to be so insanely loaded at the position. I still expect a top 10 defense, which is more than enough considering what the offenses potential is this year.

We’ll be fine.
Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old Today, 05:00 AM   #73
Veteran

If the offense is better than last year and can start games punching the other team in the mouth, we could see some better statistical defensive performances than last year of oppositions are forced to be 1 dimensional pass-from-behind
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Today, 05:32 AM   #74
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
With the caveat that I don’t think it’s an either or, I’m not convinced McDuffie will ever be the full lockdown guy Sneed was last year on WR1s (but that doesn’t mean he can’t have a better career holistically). And I would’ve preferred to go a touch more all in for the 3-peat and let Sneed play on that tag.
I think leaving McDuffie singled up on Reek in a playoff game tells Buehler445 all he needs to know. I LOVE watching Sneed play. I'm a total douche homer for that dude. But I'm good with McDuffie. I think the problem may be on the other side. I'd argue McDuffie is in the same ZIP code as Sneed, but whoever they line up on the other boundary isn't in the same ZIP Code as McDuffie.

What the 2023 crew brought with McDuffie and Sneed on the outside was a shitload of flexibility. If McDuffie/whoever takes some stuff off the table, I can see why Spags can be fussy, because after you've driven a Bentley, it's hard to get back into a Taurus. But I'm confident Spags with a Taurus can get the job done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
If the Chiefs were legit concerned about whichever CB was on the field opposite McDuffie, then they would have signed Stephon Gilmore.

He was there. He's got tread left on the tires. The Vikings got him for one year. We could have done the same.

Nope. Let him go play somewhere else.

We'll be fine.
Largely I agree.

The underrated part of what Spags brings to the table is scheming to avoid getting raped. Drawing up and executing awesome blitzes on big downs is great, but he does a great job of understanding his group and what he can get away with and where he needs to protect.

Dude is one hell of a coordinator. But for what stands out to me is not what he'll be remembered for. Sutton could draw up some neat shit, but he also had dudes demolishing us down the field or god ****ing Brady throwing to Edelman on 3rd and 8 with a 10 yard cushion all ****ing game long. (FUUUUUUUCK). Spags is known for the leverage plays, but I'm going to remember him for the whole package, and getting us in position for leverage.

I think where Spags wants to improve is trying to prevent having to cover for a dude.

Nice call on Gilmore. **** all things Brother****ing Cheatriot ****bag, but the dude can play.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:02 AM   #75
Supporter

Bueh is now speaking in the third person.

Third person = Three-peat
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.