Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-13-2024, 04:50 PM  
MVP

Trevor Lawrence gets paid

5 years 275, 200 guaranteed
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-13-2024, 10:48 PM   #61
Supporter

The only reason you do this is if you think he's elite and can win you a Superbowl.

I don't see it.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-13-2024, 11:08 PM   #62
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
It is dumb. Who cares if this is how the NFL operates? That doesn't make it a right or smart. It's a bit ridiculous guys like Lawrence gets money like this and yet a guy like Kelce (and I know there are others throughout the league) don't make nearly as much..

Dude is average at best - average QBs getting this much is such bullshit. Hopefully eventually this 'going rate,' for NFL QBs will change.
You didn’t disprove his point though? Mahomes is a generational talent, maybe even better than that tbh, but I just don’t know the word for it…

When you compare Lawrence to Mahomes, the deal makes no sense. But let’s compare him to say Herbert, who was awful last year. What about Rodgers who is on his last legs and was out all season last year?? I guess the closest thing to Mahomes would be maybe Lamar and Jalen hurts? CJ stroud?? Those 3 guys and Lawrence aren’t too far off. Jalen and Lawrence’s extensions are relatively the same… who would you rather have?? Lawrence or Jalen?? I think we’d pick Jalen, but is the gap really even that big??

I think your problem, and anyone who disagrees with the extension is you’re comparing him to Mahomes and nobody compares lol.
TripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 06-14-2024, 12:03 AM   #63
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
If you actually think he’s a clone of Daniel Jones, you haven’t seen that his peak play and ceiling are well above. That’s just a reality. There’s no one in the sport who would dispute that.

I don’t think he’s come close to living up to the hype, but I think there are times when he’s played at an extremely high level. His problem has been consistency.

Please provide me a better plan for the Jags to be competitive over the next 5 years.
Don't sign Trevor.

Move to Wembley stadium.

Start drafting QB's left and right.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-14-2024, 03:26 AM   #64
Can these boys not play?

Is Tua the last QB expected to get an extension/new contract this offseason then?

Just keeping track of people paying more for QB's than the Chiefs.
ChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 06-14-2024, 05:24 AM   #65
In Search of a Life

I guess i see it differently. Trevor was a pretty good qb earlier in the year but he just couldn't get into the end zone. and then midseason he looked like he was figuring it out. Had a string of outstanding games. He was never the same after the ankle injury and that shouldn't be surprising.

There's upside there. Unlike Daniel Jones we've seen that his floor is Alex Smith which isn't the worst thing in the world
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2024, 05:34 AM   #66
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post

There's upside there. Unlike Daniel Jones we've seen that his floor is Alex Smith which isn't the worst thing in the world
If he became a top 5 QB I wouldn't be shocked. He's got the tools.

If he never became much more than above average I wouldn't be shocked.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2024, 07:05 AM   #67
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
If he became a top 5 QB I wouldn't be shocked. He's got the tools.

If he never became much more than above average I wouldn't be shocked.
Totally agree
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2024, 07:17 AM   #68
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
It is dumb. Who cares if this is how the NFL operates? That doesn't make it a right or smart. It's a bit ridiculous guys like Lawrence gets money like this and yet a guy like Kelce (and I know there are others throughout the league) don't make nearly as much..

Dude is average at best - average QBs getting this much is such bullshit. Hopefully eventually this 'going rate,' for NFL QBs will change.
The fact that you compare his contract to Kelce's indicates that you completely miss the point.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2024, 07:30 AM   #69
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
The fact that you compare his contract to Kelce's indicates that you completely miss the point.
Yeah, I love love love me some Kelce. But if you replace Trevor Lawrence on the jags with Blaine gabbert and upgraded the tight end to Kelce, that's a very bad team. Without question a QB can make or break a franchise. Where Kelce is valuable is he makes a good QB great, and in our case turns an elite QB into a GOAT.
Old 06-14-2024, 07:39 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGator View Post
Is Tua the last QB expected to get an extension/new contract this offseason then?

Just keeping track of people paying more for QB's than the Chiefs.
This is my understanding. The Cowboys seem content to let Dak enter free agency after this season, but that is the only other possible one I know of.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2024, 07:42 AM   #71
MVP

A whole lot of really stupid takes in this thread.

First, Trevor Lawrence is a top ten QB dragged down by his organization. If you don't pay him he goes to like the Giants and immediately makes them a playoff contender.

Second, if you have a top fifteen QB you absolutely pay him. You have to, regardless if he can beat Mahomes or not.

Third, his receivers let him down. Stupid to pay your QB? Yeah this is why most of you just love to talk shit without any drop of actual thought behind it.

Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 07:54 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimo View Post
A whole lot of really stupid takes in this thread.

First, Trevor Lawrence is a top ten QB dragged down by his organization. If you don't pay him he goes to like the Giants and immediately makes them a playoff contender.

Second, if you have a top fifteen QB you absolutely pay him. You have to, regardless if he can beat Mahomes or not.

Third, his receivers let him down. Stupid to pay your QB? Yeah this is why most of you just love to talk shit without any drop of actual thought behind it.

Why start and end like this? It's okay to have an alternate opinion. Just make your case and don't be an asshole about it.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-14-2024, 08:08 AM   #73
MVP

Because the first like five posts in this thread are how stupid a very normal ass front office decision is.

This is 100% a no brainer decision but every decision made by other teams are "dumb because Mahomes".

Also I'm 49 it's too late to start not being an asshole
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-14-2024, 08:21 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimo View Post
Because the first like five posts in this thread are how stupid a very normal ass front office decision is.

This is 100% a no brainer decision but every decision made by other teams are "dumb because Mahomes".

Also I'm 49 it's too late to start not being an asshole
I actually agree with your main points. I can't imagine the Jaguars letting Lawrence go, which means they have to sign him to a big deal. It's the conundrum of having a second tier QB that many franchises face. But he gives the team a solid chance to compete. He's also 24, so it is possible he improves as a player and realizes the potential people believe he has.

I do think it's a lot tougher pill to swallow coming off a year in which it looked like Trevor regressed.
Old 06-14-2024, 08:24 AM   #75
Stay down bitch!

Would still pay him a big contract before I’d pay Lamar.
PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.