Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-19-2024, 06:53 AM  
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

**Happy Juneteenth**

What are you doing to celebrate this new Federal holiday?

What's on the dinner menu?

Did you get the day off or got to work and collect holiday pay?

Happy Juneteenth
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2024, 11:10 AM   #61
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Let's be real here, they wanted a summer date. BBQ's and cookouts aren't nearly as fun in December.
Not if you live in Florida!

But yeah, no doubt about it, though I feel like June is a little crowded. We’ve got Father’s Day (I know it’s not a federal holiday) and then Independence Day just a couple weeks later.

I feel like we really could use a federal holiday in August, preferably somewhere around August 1-10th. What shit can we make up to get that to happen?
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2024, 11:10 AM   #62
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku_jhawk23 View Post
A more real holiday than christmas.
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 11:17 AM   #63
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post

But yeah, no doubt about it, though I feel like June is a little crowded. We’ve got Father’s Day (I know it’s not a federal holiday) and then Independence Day just a couple weeks later.

I feel like we really could use a federal holiday in August, preferably somewhere around August 1-10th. What shit can we make up to get that to happen?
Hiroshima Day!
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 11:20 AM   #64
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:

Move labor day to when it's hot as shit outside.

Simple as
George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2024, 11:21 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
You two and a lot others on here need to read a history book every once in a while.

Lincoln freed the slaves in 1863. The Texas territory decided not to tell the slaves and keep them as slaves. The federal government forced Texas to finally tell the slaves on June 19th 1865 that they were free. The carrot was Texas would be accepted as a state as soon as they freed the slaves. 1866 Texas became a state. It was a trade off. It was a political deal. Nothing to do with human beings being the property of other human beings.
There’s no shame in not knowing.

The Emancipation Proclamation in 1863 only freed the slaves in rebel Confederate states. It wasn’t until the 13th Amendment was ratified in 1865 that officially freed all slaves even in border states that allied with the Union.

I don’t think it’s wrong to use Juneteenth as a catch-all holiday to celebrate all of these historic leaps forward as one.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 7 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 11:22 AM   #66
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
I just want to support their culture. Probably hit up a Waffle House, throw some shit around, then go hand out at the local gas station for a bit. Sadly I do have to work today
That's the spirit! I'm headed to the Apple store to grab a few phones.
BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-19-2024, 11:25 AM   #67

https://learnbright.org/august-in-hi...orical-events/

Looks like August is a quiet month in American and human history overall.

Realistically you’re talking about the Voter Rights Act, which is basically a Juneteenth offshoot, the 19th Amendment giving women the right to vote, and the publication of the first story on the Loch Ness Monster.

Personally, my vote goes to Nessie. All in favor for Loch Ness Monster day on August 8th say “aye”.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 11:25 AM   #68
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
I'll spend the day in solemn reflection for the transgressions of my ancestors

Oh look!!..the racist coward who made racist posts about Angel Reese which the mods ignored (surprise), is acting just like "his ancestors" again. That bigoted disease really does run in the blood I guess
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 10     Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 11:32 AM   #69
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger View Post
Oh look!!..the racist coward who made racist posts about Angel Reese which the mods ignored (surprise), is acting just like "his ancestors" again. That bigoted disease really does run in the blood I guess
You're the biggest racist on this board.

Pablo is just making jokes, you're actively racist.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 8 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 11:35 AM   #70
Needs more middle fingers

This thread needs more culture.

ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2024, 11:35 AM   #71
MVP

I don’t really understand Juneteenth as far as having its own holiday. I mean, we already have Black History Month which I think is a good thing. I’m an American so I celebrate Independence Day July 4. If you are not or we’re not a slave, then I don’t understand supporting, a day where slaves were freed. Most of us regardless of race come from ancestors that at some point were slaves. I don’t need to celebrate anything I wasn’t part of.
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2024, 11:36 AM   #72
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
You're the biggest racist on this board.

Pablo is just making jokes, you're actively racist.
So saying Angel Reese should "dribble a watermelon basket ball" of which he posted a picture of one is a "joke"?? Feck off

Last edited by UChieffyBugger; 06-19-2024 at 11:49 AM..
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 11:40 AM   #73
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
I don’t really understand Juneteenth as far as having its own holiday. I mean, we already have Black History Month which I think is a good thing. I’m an American so I celebrate Independence Day July 4. If you are not or we’re not a slave, then I don’t understand supporting, a day where slaves were freed. Most of us regardless of race come from ancestors that at some point were slaves. I don’t need to celebrate anything I wasn’t part of.
It's just a holiday man. Nobody is forcing you to celebrate. You either get a day off, or you go to work per usual
Old 06-19-2024, 11:40 AM   #74
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku_jhawk23 View Post
A more real holiday than christmas.
You are thinking of Kwanzaa.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2024, 11:42 AM   #75
MVP

Quote:
https://learnbright.org/august-in-hi...orical-events/

Looks like August is a quiet month in American and human history overall.

Realistically you’re talking about the Voter Rights Act, which is basically a Juneteenth offshoot, the 19th Amendment giving women the right to vote, and the publication of the first story on the Loch Ness Monster.

Personally, my vote goes to Nessie. All in favor for Loch Ness Monster day on August 8th say “aye”.
August 3, 1492 Columbus Sets Sail

Works for me. Give Chris another holiday.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.