Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-07-2024, 02:03 PM  
pie is never free

Tips For Dealing With Poison Ivy

Anyone have any good advice?

Been battling this shit for over a week, every time it starts looking/feeling like its going away it comes roaring right back... the more calamine lotion I put on it, the worse it seemingly gets

Even have this shit on my junk

I'm considering scratching all of it wide open raw, then dousing it all with rubbing alcohol... but thats gonna burn like hell
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2024, 03:10 PM   #61
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Finally broke down and went to get the prednisone shot today, and also got a 14 day supply of prednisone pills... feeling much better already
That's the ticket! Yur on your way to Get 'er Done!
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2024, 05:16 PM   #62
Indian Twitter

When one comes in contact with poison ivy they need to scrub the area with an emulsifying soap to get the urushiol out of your skin. So a good grainy soap.

If after a week the rash keeps coming back maybe your still coming in contact with it.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-08-2024, 05:32 PM   #63
Indian Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I find not hitting my golf ball into the shit helps. Or wearing pants.
If my ball ends up in tall grass/weeds I don't go in after it. Screw that! Just hit it in the fairway. I learned at an early age to keep my fair haired, fair skinned ass out of the weeds in the summer. If I want to get off the path I wait till after the first frost.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-08-2024, 05:33 PM   #64
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAVER View Post
If you scratch it then touch elsewhere - does it not (potentially) transfer? I always thought it did.
Only way would be if you haven't washed the oils off since exposure. Only the oils cause outbreaks. Not the fluid from blisters.
penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-08-2024, 05:35 PM   #65
Supporter

Quote:
Finally broke down and went to get the prednisone shot today, and also got a 14 day supply of prednisone pills... feeling much better already
You will most likely gain some weight and possibly look a bit puffy. If so it's just water retention from the steroids and will go away soon after last dose.
penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-08-2024, 05:48 PM   #66
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
You will most likely gain some weight and possibly look a bit puffy. If so it's just water retention from the steroids and will go away soon after last dose.
Sign me up, my once famous cheekbones could use a quick lift

I'm sure the pills will finish it off almost immediately, only got the shot 6 hours ago and its already making a drastic difference... its definitely the only near miracle treatment
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2024, 05:57 PM   #67
On Hiatus

Quote:
BTW....not sure if anyone else ever had this while taking prednisone....

But man my appetite went full out crazy. I couldn't eat enough food to satisfy my appetite.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-08-2024, 06:09 PM   #68
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
BTW....not sure if anyone else ever had this while taking prednisone....

But man my appetite went full out crazy. I couldn't eat enough food to satisfy my appetite.
Interesting, we'll see if it does the same to me... but its tough to kill my appetite
Old 07-09-2024, 05:56 AM   #69
On Hiatus

Quote:
Interesting, we'll see if it does the same to me... but its tough to kill my appetite
Just don't eat all the Dorito's in the house.....family never forgets.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-09-2024, 06:57 AM   #70
Starter

Quote:
That stuff has been absolutely worthless so far

Don't have it in my yard, honestly not even sure where or how I came into contact with it... just wanna get it off ME
Once it's spread, the only cure is steroids. The first few times I got it, it was EVERYWHERE and I couldn't even work. Weeping made clothes stick to me like carbon fiber foundation repair. I tried everything to stopi it, everything failed. Someone finally suggested a steroid shot...one in the butt and went to work the next day. Now they give you the z-pack, so you have to suffer for 5 days, but better than the two weeks it used to take. All other remedies are shite. Oatmeal bath is the only thing that soothed it...for about 20 minutes.
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 07-09-2024, 07:04 AM   #71
Starter

Quote:
Good, they won't give me a shot anymore for whatever reason. I guess it was too effective. The only other advice...know what it looks like, it is everywhere and loves crawling trees and loves fence lines. It can get airborne (I got it real bad from a neighbor mowing his fence line in the wind), so if you think you've been near it, SCRUB with warm water and Dawn. Dawn grease cutting properties will remove the urushiol and minimize the spread.
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 07-09-2024, 07:18 AM   #72
Snacks Are Under My Apron

Soak it in cider or have her suck the poison out, best two ways to fix anything.
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 08:18 AM   #73
'Stachecicle

Years ago I spent a couple days crawling around in poison ivy and was not able to get a shower or change clothes for a week. Ended up with blisters on the front of both legs. Finally broke out a scrub brush and dish soap. Scrubbed away the blisters and the dish soap broke down the oil. Itch went away, everything scabbed over and eventually healed up after 3-4 weeks.

Last edited by trndobrd; 07-09-2024 at 12:03 PM..
trndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitrndobrd 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-09-2024, 10:09 AM   #74
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogieman View Post
Once it's spread, the only cure is steroids. The first few times I got it, it was EVERYWHERE and I couldn't even work. Weeping made clothes stick to me like carbon fiber foundation repair. I tried everything to stopi it, everything failed. Someone finally suggested a steroid shot...one in the butt and went to work the next day. Now they give you the z-pack, so you have to suffer for 5 days, but better than the two weeks it used to take. All other remedies are shite. Oatmeal bath is the only thing that soothed it...for about 20 minutes.
WTF is an antibiotic going to do to heal poison ivy?
Old 07-09-2024, 10:11 AM   #75
Supporter

OMFG I just remembered the last time I had this shit. Got poison oak in the Redwood forest. Was basically covered from the waist down. That was not a fun drive back to KC.