Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-24-2024, 12:17 PM  
MVP

$16m in Cap Space, are we gonna spend it?

We let Buggs go and currently have ~$16m in cap space...

Are we gonna spend it?

Who should we spend it on?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-25-2024, 01:51 PM   #61
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
When everyone was healthy Gay was down to playing something like 25% of the defensive snaps wasn't he?
No - typically in the 50-60% range; nearer 70-80% when guys were hurt.

He was our clear LB2 last year.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2024, 01:51 PM   #62
In Search of a Life

Ogbah and Lawson would make sense at DE

At some point Justin Simmons would just make sense in terms of adding that kind of talent back there.

Other than that or a Bahktiari I don't see much worth it. With being able to roll money over, it always makes sense to just....well do that.

I'd wonder if there's a player for player trade out there somewhere for them to add a Rb?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2024, 01:53 PM   #63

If Simmons hasn't signed yet, there's something obvious on the tape, the medicals aren't checking out or he's asking WAY more than he's worth.

If someone gave him 1/$12 million right now (probably disguised as a 2 year deal) I'm betting he'd take it. Sun's getting awfully low in the sky for him to not have a team yet.

If I'm a betting man, it's a little of A and a little of B. He's starting to age a little and probably played like a top 40 S instead of a top 5 safety last season. And he's wanting to be paid like, say, a top 10 safety.

And that disconnect isn't likely to clear up any time soon.

Guy's made $60 million in his career. If he doesn't want to play, he doesn't have to. And if you don't come offering him $10+ million, he's probably just gonna stay home.

I'm not terribly interested in that.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2024, 01:53 PM   #64
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Or if Veach knows he’s resigning one next year even if this year is a disaster or the player or spends the year being injured. Could use the $16 million to spread the cap hit to this year too. Maybe make it a little easier to sign one of our soon to be FA’s next year.
There you go.
Never a bad idea to have a few mil should some disaster befall one of our more important guys. May need to send away a pick and have the room under cap to house them.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2024, 01:55 PM   #65
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
If Simmons hasn't signed yet, there's something obvious on the tape, the medicals aren't checking out or he's asking WAY more than he's worth.

If someone gave him 1/$12 million right now (probably disguised as a 2 year deal) I'm betting he'd take it. Sun's getting awfully low in the sky for him to not have a team yet.
There's been no smoke on that really anywhere. I'd guess he's hit the wall or wants alot of cash.

At some point, you get to a number, you just add him if he's still a good player thought right?

I mean like, 4 million a year?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2024, 01:57 PM   #66
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
When everyone was healthy Gay was down to playing something like 25% of the defensive snaps wasn't he?
I want to say it was 27 maybe and somewhere I saw he had a high run blitz rate but I really don't remember that I guess. He was a few trick pony that they didn't trust to read a play.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-25-2024, 02:02 PM   #67
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
I want to say it was 27 maybe and somewhere I saw he had a high run blitz rate but I really don't remember that I guess. He was a few trick pony that they didn't trust to read a play.
Let's go with "not a cerebral player" in a very complex defensive scheme.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2024, 02:09 PM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
Let's go with "not a cerebral player" in a very complex defensive scheme.
Kind of breaks my heart. I was fully chubbed when we drafted Willie. Absolute freak specimen. You could argue he was more successful than the freak LB's that the Cardinals reached on in back to back drafts though.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-25-2024, 02:51 PM   #69
Fish are scared of me

Maybe Virch plans to get new contracts done this year with Creed, Trey and Bolton and utilize the funds there
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2024, 02:56 PM   #70
Choco Favre

Denver's d was terrible before Simmons came back into the lineup.

Dude is still good.

I would prefer to use money elsewhere but if they signed him I wouldn't be mad.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2024, 03:01 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Nope.

I mean he played 52% of the snaps in the SB when we were featuring Chenal (along with a healthy Bolton and Tranquil) to neutralize Kittle.

He was always a 50% of the snaps player - just check the game logs. And when the LB corps was dinged up, he was invariably north of 70% and even surpassed 90% on occasion.

He was a very very important part of the defense. He's not irreplaceable - but we'll have to make sacrifices elsewhere to do so (or lean heavier into sub packages which can open us up to misdirection).

I'd caution against downplaying his contributions here. He was awfully good for us.
Old 06-25-2024, 03:10 PM   #72
Banned!

I imagine they want more time for guys like Cam Jones.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2024, 03:27 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
I imagine they want more time for guys like Cam Jones.
Well they'll get it. Tranquil won't stay healthy all season. Bolton may not. Chenal is so physical he probably won't.

There are going to be injuries to the LB Corps.

And hey - young LBs are a blast, man. They're fun to watch develop. Young and powerful and they fly around the field. UDFA and late round picks are great stories to root for.

It might well be a lot of fun to watch some of these guys develop.

But it was a lot of fun watching Willie Gay blow up guys the size of Buicks and run like a deer. Again - I'm not saying we can't live without him. I just don't think it's fair to understate how important he was the last 2 seasons.

With that on his resume, we should've come up with $3 million to keep him around, IMO. And with the VSB, it wouldn't have cost us as much on the cap as we paid him. He'd have been something like a $2.25 million cap hit for us. I just feel like a team sitting on $16 million in space probably should've come up with that instead of throwing good money after bad with Nnadi.
Old 06-25-2024, 03:34 PM   #74
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
We just drafted a LT in the 2nd round. Play him and let him learn. He ain't gonna learn on the bench.
It's not as common as other positions, but it IS possible to start a rookie at tackle and for him to not totally get his shit pushed in. Yeah, he might have some bad games, especially against elite pass rushers, but he'll figure it out.

I know we're trying to threepeat and should be maximizing every resource possible to make that happen, but I just don't see Donovan Smith with his bad back being one of those resources that can help us.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2024, 03:38 PM   #75
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Well they'll get it. Tranquil won't stay healthy all season. Bolton may not. Chenal is so physical he probably won't.

There are going to be injuries to the LB Corps.

And hey - young LBs are a blast, man. They're fun to watch develop. Young and powerful and they fly around the field. UDFA and late round picks are great stories to root for.

It might well be a lot of fun to watch some of these guys develop.

But it was a lot of fun watching Willie Gay blow up guys the size of Buicks and run like a deer. Again - I'm not saying we can't live without him. I just don't think it's fair to understate how important he was the last 2 seasons.

With that on his resume, we should've come up with $3 million to keep him around, IMO. And with the VSB, it wouldn't have cost us as much on the cap as we paid him. He'd have been something like a $2.25 million cap hit for us. I just feel like a team sitting on $16 million in space probably should've come up with that instead of throwing good money after bad with Nnadi.
The one I'd really like to have back is Khalen Saunders and his 3 year 12 mill deal with the Saints. That guy turned into a really nice player for us in the 22 season.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote