Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-14-2020, 11:51 AM  
In Search of a Life

Veach is the best GM in the NFL

I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-26-2021, 10:24 AM   #721
Going home eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
His options if that's the case:

1. Get ****ed

2. Play like a Top 5 LT

The ball is in his court.
No chance. Slow feet will not change. He's a guard who want LT money.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-26-2021, 10:24 AM   #722
I'll be back.

There is absolutely no way Thuney can play left tackle.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-26-2021, 10:25 AM   #723
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
No chance. Slow feet will not change. He's a guard who want LT money.
Option 1, then.

If he's given a top 5 contract while playing like this, the team is done for a while.

Last edited by notorious; 10-26-2021 at 10:33 AM..
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-26-2021, 10:51 AM   #724
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Brown will be fine if Pat steps up in the pocket and quits drifting.
"He'll be okay if we stick to 5 step drops..." is not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Some of those sacks were him just getting smoked. Drift or no drift, Mahomes was gonna get rocked.

Play out the season, draft a developmental T in the 2nd or 3rd round, tag him in 2022 and if he can't be an asset in pass protection and hold up against speed rushing at the end of the tag year, you let him walk.

The tag for OL is going to be okay. Not cheap, but not exorbitant (I believe 'OL' is the tag category, not just OTs). But we're seeing those athletic limitations that we all knew he had being exposed too much for a team built around a franchise (HoF) quarterback.

You can't go tailoring your offense to your LT. If he isn't the answer here, find someone that is. I think some of this again gets back to concerns I have regarding Veach's tendency towards over-correction and tunnel-vision. I think he recognized the struggles in the run game and just tilted the knob too far in that direction in his pursuit of these road-grader OL types.

We are not, and should not be, a team built around mauler tackles.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 10:59 AM   #725
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
"He'll be okay if we stick to 5 step drops..." is not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Some of those sacks were him just getting smoked. Drift or no drift, Mahomes was gonna get rocked.

Play out the season, draft a developmental T in the 2nd or 3rd round, tag him in 2022 and if he can't be an asset in pass protection and hold up against speed rushing at the end of the tag year, you let him walk.

The tag for OL is going to be okay. Not cheap, but not exorbitant (I believe 'OL' is the tag category, not just OTs). But we're seeing those athletic limitations that we all knew he had being exposed too much for a team built around a franchise (HoF) quarterback.

You can't go tailoring your offense to your LT. If he isn't the answer here, find someone that is. I think some of this again gets back to concerns I have regarding Veach's tendency towards over-correction and tunnel-vision. I think he recognized the struggles in the run game and just tilted the knob too far in that direction in his pursuit of these road-grader OL types.

We are not, and should not be, a team built around mauler tackles.
I disagree here. Again I think this team got pigeon-holed into desperation for a LT. Once Fisher got hurt we knew 2021 would not be easy for him. A severe injury like that on a linemandoes not bode well for short term success. He’s probably not gonna be right until next season.

And I can’t blame these guys. They went balls in on Trent Williams and nearly got the mother****er, however it isn’t their fault he chose to stay in SF.

There just were not options here. Brown Jr was the only available LT candidate. And hell none of these draft prospects are LT’s around our pick. None.

Only option I can tell was Darrisaw. Okay everyone knows we need a LT and we need to move up 9 spots. That’s gonna cost us quite a bit. Then people would bitch at Veach for giving up what was required to do that.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-26-2021, 11:04 AM   #726

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I disagree here. Again I think this team got pigeon-holed into desperation for a LT. Once Fisher got hurt we knew 2021 would not be easy for him. A severe injury like that on a linemandoes not bode well for short term success. He’s probably not gonna be right until next season.

And I can’t blame these guys. They went balls in on Trent Williams and nearly got the mother****er, however it isn’t their fault he chose to stay in SF.

There just were not options here. Brown Jr was the only available LT candidate. And hell none of these draft prospects are LT’s around our pick. None.

Only option I can tell was Darrisaw. Okay everyone knows we need a LT and we need to move up 9 spots. That’s gonna cost us quite a bit. Then people would bitch at Veach for giving up what was required to do that.
And that's a possibility as well. I've actually defended Veach in that regard. Brown was probably the best of bad options made necessary by an unforeseeable set of circumstances.

And ultimately I don't think the cost to acquire him was prohibitive at all.

Maybe you're right and they'll course correct. I just worry that we sure seemed to have target beef on the OL and in the process have sacrificed a fair amount of athleticism. We're seeing the consequences of that.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-26-2021, 11:13 AM   #727
Most Valuable Villain

And everyone on Trent Williams nuts…..he didn’t play this last week.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-26-2021, 01:33 PM   #728

Quote:
I don't think anyone's really on Williams nuts, are they?

Veach shot his shot, at worst he price enforced the hell out of SF and he got out-bid. Shit happens.

Frankly, it's possible he finally learned something from the Watkins/Mathieu negotiations where he was just gonna keep hitting 'bid' until the auction closed.

If it took $1.5 million/game to Sammy Watkins to finally teach him when to pull the chute, it's money well spent (I guess...)
Old 10-26-2021, 01:41 PM   #729
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
I don't think anyone's really on Williams nuts, are they?

Veach shot his shot, at worst he price enforced the hell out of SF and he got out-bid. Shit happens.

Frankly, it's possible he finally learned something from the Watkins/Mathieu negotiations where he was just gonna keep hitting 'bid' until the auction closed.

If it took $1.5 million/game to Sammy Watkins to finally teach him when to pull the chute, it's money well spent (I guess...)
There have always been people that consider Veach missing out on Williams as a knock on Veach. They’re usually the ones who complain when we don’t sign guys like Mercilus. Veach can’t close.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-26-2021, 02:17 PM   #730
Veteran

Quote:
And that's a possibility as well. I've actually defended Veach in that regard. Brown was probably the best of bad options made necessary by an unforeseeable set of circumstances.

And ultimately I don't think the cost to acquire him was prohibitive at all.

Maybe you're right and they'll course correct. I just worry that we sure seemed to have target beef on the OL and in the process have sacrificed a fair amount of athleticism. We're seeing the consequences of that.
I think this is it. Best case scenario is they surveyed the options, the possible targets at their draft pick etc. and decided Brown was the best out there - that may be right. He's been poor but possibly the best we could get.

The worst case scenario is they brought him and others in expecting them to be part of a unit that excels in the run game and opens that up. Given they brought in Thuney whose more in the technician/pass pro first mould I'd hope it's just the first scenario and they've not tried to be too clever.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 02:22 PM   #731
Supporter

Quote:
Brokesilverdick.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 02:25 PM   #732
Hockey Town

You all realize if because of speed rushers they have Mahomes stepping up on every pass teams will blitz the middle.

If you're LT can't win 1 on 1 in passing situations thats horrible.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-26-2021, 02:31 PM   #733
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
People act like Veach passed up a sure fire, Willie Roaf in his prime type LT last offseason… there was no one available like that.

OBJ was the realistic/best LT option available.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-26-2021, 02:32 PM   #734
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
You all realize if because of speed rushers they have Mahomes stepping up on every pass teams will blitz the middle.

And people act like dude got beat every pass play. He didn’t.
Old 10-26-2021, 02:35 PM   #735
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post

So far teams are not blitzing us much. They don’t need to. They’re getting tons of pressure with 4
kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.