Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-19-2024, 04:41 PM  
I'll **** anything that moves!

***Official 2024 NCAA Tourney Thread***

Tourney begins momentarily with Howard/Wagner as the first play-in game, followed by Colorado St/Virginia later this evening.
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-06-2024, 09:44 PM   #721
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Pretty good tournament so far in kind of an off year. Not a lot of big names but some decent games so far. But it ends up with the right matchup everyone probably wanted from the beginning. This is gonna be a good one even if I can’t see UConn losing
Just the 5th time in the KenPom era it will end with the top two teams in the country. The previous four times were UNC/Illinois (2005), KU/Memphis (2008), Villanova/UNC (2016), and Gonzaga/Baylor (2021).

I have a feeling UConn is gonna crush Purdue (they have an advantage everywhere than with Edey), but three of those games were some of the best final games we've seen.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-06-2024, 10:08 PM   #722
Inmem 2.0

UConns dominance of the tourney the last 2 years is historical even more amazing they haven't exactly lit it up from 3 this tourney
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2024, 06:34 AM   #723
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
UConns dominance of the tourney the last 2 years is historical even more amazing they haven't exactly lit it up from 3 this tourney
Averaging a 25pt victory is pretty impressive.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 08:01 AM   #724
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
Just the 5th time in the KenPom era it will end with the top two teams in the country. The previous four times were UNC/Illinois (2005), KU/Memphis (2008), Villanova/UNC (2016), and Gonzaga/Baylor (2021).

I have a feeling UConn is gonna crush Purdue (they have an advantage everywhere than with Edey), but three of those games were some of the best final games we've seen.
Purdue can hang, they just invariably spend 10 minutes spread out throughout the game of doing intergalactically stupid shit. if they'd just play a clean smart game, they'd look every bit as good as as UConn.

Clingan is the better player, but Edy plays more minutes, in fact, I think until they started fouling, Edy played all the minutes in the Alabama game. I think Clingan will work Edy with his mobility, but it will be interesting to see what life is like when Clingan comes out.

It will also be interesting to see if they can Big 10 ball UConn. Huskies were flat moving, getting OREB and 50/50 balls. If Purdue can muck it up and slow things down (and keep from doing stupid shit) they may have a shot. Of course, they may have a shot too if UConn goes cold from 3.

They'll never do it, but I wouldn't mind seeing UConn throwing some junk pressure at Purdue. 10 possessions a half just get them with a 3/4 court trap or a zone press or something. Purdue looked REALLY out of sorts when they couldn't walk it up at a snails pace like the Big 10 teams do.

Have I mentioned I hate watching Big 10 ball?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2024, 08:01 AM   #725
Politically Incorrect

Quote:

I have a feeling UConn is gonna crush Purdue (they have an advantage everywhere than with Edey)
If they find a way to take Edey out of the game, Purdue is toast. I don't see how some of the smaller Purdue players can stop the UConn guys.

Purdue will need to slow the game down.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2024, 08:03 AM   #726
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

What’s more likely?

UCONN by 15+ or Purdue wins?

UCONN imo.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2024, 08:34 AM   #727
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
What’s more likely?

UCONN by 15+ or Purdue wins?

UCONN imo.
Nah.

Purdue will slow the thing down to a crawl because Big 10. And Edy makes it difficult to get anything easy unless it’s in transition.

Edy is slow, but he’s ****ing good (until his dumbass brings the ball down like a moron). Only way they get blown out is if he’s on the bench with fouls (or injury, but **** that). I hate the way they play but they’re tough.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2024, 09:03 AM   #728
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Nah.

Purdue will slow the thing down to a crawl because Big 10. And Edy makes it difficult to get anything easy unless it’s in transition.

Edy is slow, but he’s ****ing good (until his dumbass brings the ball down like a moron). Only way they get blown out is if he’s on the bench with fouls (or injury, but **** that). I hate the way they play but they’re tough.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2024, 09:23 AM   #729
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Nah.

Edey is good but there’s a reason he is not projected to be an nba lottery pick despite dominating in college. Meanwhile Clingon is. I think this game exposes that. Not that Edey will get shut down but I don’t think he has the massive influence on a game where he has a good matchup. A lot of purdues run has relied on Edey getting tons of free throws and UConn doesn’t need to do that.

It’s the matchup we all want to see. But in the end Clingons the better player with a better supporting cast
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-07-2024, 10:25 AM   #730
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Edey is good but there’s a reason he is not projected to be an nba lottery pick despite dominating in college. Meanwhile Clingon is. I think this game exposes that. Not that Edey will get shut down but I don’t think he has the massive influence on a game where he has a good matchup. A lot of purdues run has relied on Edey getting tons of free throws and UConn doesn’t need to do that.

It’s the matchup we all want to see. But in the end Clingons the better player with a better supporting cast
His cast is most certainly better. Especially if they can hit 3s like they did when they were running away from Alabama.

Purdue’s path was always going to be efficiency. They haven’t shot the 3 well all Tounament. If they get hot from 3 they’ll be tough. Edy for what he is in terms of mobility is a smart player with good vision. If they can shoot a good percentage from 3 and UConn doesn’t, UConn might struggle.

UConn has more paths to victory, but Purdue is going to be tough. But if they play like ****ing morons they might get boat raced.
Old 04-07-2024, 10:28 AM   #731
Perpetual Mediocrity

Edey isn’t a lottery pick because he clearly won’t be able to play defense at the next level against NBA level speed and shooting with his mobility, not because he isn’t a better college player than Clingan (which he is). He’s one of the best college players of all time given the offensive dominance overall.

That said, UConn is far superior at every other position and that should more than prove to be the difference. Especially given that Clingan will likely limit Edey more than he is used to.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-07-2024, 10:30 AM   #732
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
LOL.

I’m here for a good game. UConn was executing at a pretty high level especially when they were putting Alabama away. Purdue is almost always sound, if not boring.

Plus when Clingan is in it will be strength on strength which will be fun to watch. Dickinson gave Clingan some trouble but it will be a far different approach of Edy.

More importantly I’m excited to see what UConn does with clingan on the bench. I didn’t realize until I looked it up that Clingan only plays 20 or so minutes a game.

If it ends up being just another shitty Big 10 game I’ll probably shoot the TV.
Old 04-07-2024, 10:32 AM   #733
Perpetual Mediocrity

That reminds me that Dickinson outplayed Clingan when they matched up. Clingan has no doubt improved since then but I think that was a bit telling about what could be expected tomorrow too in terms of at least those two (Edey isn’t quite as good a passer as Dickinson but he can do it just fine).
Old 04-07-2024, 10:40 AM   #734
Supporter

Quote:
That reminds me that Dickinson outplayed Clingan when they matched up. Clingan has no doubt improved since then but I think that was a bit telling about what could be expected tomorrow too in terms of at least those two (Edey isn’t quite as good a passer as Dickinson but he can do it just fine).
Part of that was Dickinson was a threat from 3 which allowed him to open up the rest of the floor. Edey isn't that guy, and they don't have anyone as explosive as KJ or as long and sound as McCullar.

It will probably look different, but Edey's passing will be a problem for UConn if they come out soft.
Old 04-07-2024, 10:42 AM   #735
Supporter

Also, what was Clingan's injury? They said something about him getting hit in the hand in practice, but it didn't seem to limit him any.