Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-28-2024, 08:39 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

***Official 2024 STL Cardinals Thread ***

I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its officially released.

2024 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Last edited by BigRedChief; 03-28-2024 at 10:04 AM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:42 PM   #706
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Watching the presser this afternoon, one thing really does stand out ---

I absolutely hate these mother****ers.

Every last one of them.

The fact that Bloom will sit up there with these pricks makes me hate him by association.

You can all eat shit. All of the shit.
At least the Giants canned Farhan Zaidi today even though his replacement is a total shot in the dark (Buster Posey). The Giants probably wish they would have kept Scott Harris.

I don't understand why they wouldn't just promote Bloom and can both Mo and Girsch. This tippy toe around the problem is surely going to be a massive failure.
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 01:45 PM   #707
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo View Post
At least the Giants canned Farhan Zaidi today even though his replacement is a total shot in the dark (Buster Posey). The Giants probably wish they would have kept Scott Harris.

I don't understand why they wouldn't just promote Bloom and can both Mo and Girsch. This tippy toe around the problem is surely going to be a massive failure.
Mozeliak actually stepped on BDW mid-answer.

That's the dynamic.

They aren't firing Mozeliak because BDW is checked the **** out, BD3 is a clueless child and Mozeliak calls his own shots these days.

Last edited by DJ's left nut; Today at 02:24 PM..
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:10 PM   #708

"We had 83 wins and this was an exciting product..."

Y'know what, DeWitt? Nevermind. Next year just skip the presser.

If this is what you have to say, just shut the **** up. Go back to gumming Werther's and let your dipshit son go ruin your entire organization via open antagonism on sports radio.

Man, I really loathe this organization.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:12 PM   #709
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Mozeliak actually stepped on BDW mid-answer.

That's the dynamic.

They aren't firing Mozeliak because BD3 is checked the **** out and Mozeliak calls his own shots these days.
I view it as Mo falling on his sword knowing next year is not going to be good and to give Bloom a fresh slate.

Which I don’t mind.

Personally would’ve hired someone else than Bloom as he’s guilty by association and he got a horrible return for Mookie.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 02:18 PM   #710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
I view it as Mo falling on his sword knowing next year is not going to be good and to give Bloom a fresh slate.

Which I don’t mind.

Personally would’ve hired someone else than Bloom as he’s guilty by association and he got a horrible return for Mookie.
He was never gonna set the world on fire with the return for Betts, especially when he had the edict from ownership to trim payroll so he had to include Price in the deal.

They gave up quite a bit of prospect capital with including Price in the trade. And greatly reduced the number of teams willing to make the move because most don't have the financial wherewithal to eat Price's contract.

So with fewer potential trade partners and a massive financial liability in tow, they weren't gonna get a haul for Betts.

And frankly, Connor Wong is a pretty good player.

But yeah, Jeter Downs looks like a bust.

Sometimes when a deal is that mediocre from the jump, it says more about the player than the deal. I argued this very point when I said that the Cardinals didn't 'fleece' anyone on the Goldschmidt or Arenado deals. When all the trading team can get for their star player is a pile of mediocre prospects, that means NOBODY in the league was willing to step up with a top 25 sort of guy.

I think his hands were tied in the Betts deal and the league knew it. So he just couldn't develop a market for him.

That all being said - **** him anyway for hitching his wagon to these guys.
Old Today, 02:19 PM   #711
Now you've pissed me off!

I went to Albert's first game back so I could cheer him. I hope Goldschmidt's team comes to Busch next year so I can buy cheap tickets on the secondary market to boo the piss out of him.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:21 PM   #712

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
I went to Albert's first game back so I could cheer him. I hope Goldschmidt's team comes to Busch next year so I can buy cheap tickets on the secondary market to boo the piss out of him.
I almost went to Busch for Shildt's return in Padres gear.

I couldn't quite get there. I'm not going to root for these guys, but I'm not going to go into the stadium and cheer for the OTHER guys either.

And in the end, simply being there is a tick for Mozeliak and even if it was only showing up to boo his dipshit organization, they don't care. Asses in the seats are asses in the seats.
Old Today, 02:23 PM   #713

Ultimately I think this is just lipstick on a pig.

They're going to cut payroll and they don't have a way to sell it to the fans. So they're going to call it a 'Youth Movement' and then tell everyone "hey guys, come see the young Cardinals and the return of our player development machine!!"

It's really just nothing more than them spinning their pending payroll productions. Its so they can say "Hey guys, we told you we were going to invest in our minor leagues..."

And then they talk about nothing more than their new facility in Jupiter, as though that has SHIT to do with minor league player development or the development of young players at the big league level.

It's all bullshit. Every single bit of it.
Old Today, 02:25 PM   #714
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
He was never gonna set the world on fire with the return for Betts, especially when he had the edict from ownership to trim payroll so he had to include Price in the deal.

They gave up quite a bit of prospect capital with including Price in the trade. And greatly reduced the number of teams willing to make the move because most don't have the financial wherewithal to eat Price's contract.

So with fewer potential trade partners and a massive financial liability in tow, they weren't gonna get a haul for Betts.

And frankly, Connor Wong is a pretty good player.

But yeah, Jeter Downs looks like a bust.

Sometimes when a deal is that mediocre from the jump, it says more about the player than the deal. I argued this very point when I said that the Cardinals didn't 'fleece' anyone on the Goldschmidt or Arenado deals. When all the trading team can get for their star player is a pile of mediocre prospects, that means NOBODY in the league was willing to step up with a top 25 sort of guy.

I think his hands were tied in the Betts deal and the league knew it. So he just couldn't develop a market for him.

That all being said - **** him anyway for hitching his wagon to these guys.

I know his hands were tied because Henry wanted to cut payroll, but that doesn’t excuse the shit return he got.

Either way, this is a signal that the Cardinals want to be more like the Rays and Brewers than the Dodgers and Astros. Investing in minor league infrastructure while reducing MLB payroll is a bullshit way of saying we aren’t winning shit and weren’t going to win shit and don’t feel like spending as much as we can to have a contending product.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 02:27 PM   #715

Farhan Zaidi gets shitcanned - Mozeliak gets a retirement tour.

That's really about all that needs to be said.
Old Today, 02:28 PM   #716
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Farhan Zaidi gets shitcanned - Mozeliak gets a retirement tour.

That's really about all that needs to be said.
One guy won 2 pennants and WS while working for the team for almost 3 decades.

The other didn’t do shit.
Old Today, 02:38 PM   #717
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Ultimately I think this is just lipstick on a pig.

They're going to cut payroll and they don't have a way to sell it to the fans. So they're going to call it a 'Youth Movement' and then tell everyone "hey guys, come see the young Cardinals and the return of our player development machine!!"

It's really just nothing more than them spinning their pending payroll productions. Its so they can say "Hey guys, we told you we were going to invest in our minor leagues..."

And then they talk about nothing more than their new facility in Jupiter, as though that has SHIT to do with minor league player development or the development of young players at the big league level.

It's all bullshit. Every single bit of it.
Isn't the current excuse that they can't build a pitching lab in Jupiter due to issues with zoning and the city?
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:42 PM   #718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
One guy won 2 pennants and WS while working for the team for almost 3 decades.

The other didn’t do shit.
He won executive of the year and took the Giants to a 107 win season 2 years ago.

That's more than Mozeliak's done in the last decade.
Old Today, 03:49 PM   #719
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
"We had 83 wins and this was an exciting product..."

Y'know what, DeWitt? Nevermind. Next year just skip the presser.

Man, I really loathe this organization.
He pisses me off. He is supposedly a "good" baseball man, when compared to other owners. But, the son appears to be an idiot. And he's the one running the day to day stuff, right?

Quote:
He won executive of the year and took the Giants to a 107 win season 2 years ago.
That seems impressive that a low life org like us that we landed someone 2 years removed from the top executive on baseball. So why is not a good thing? He didn't really build those teams or what? Why are you down on a guy 2 years removed from executive of the year awards?

Contracts are both up for Mo and the idiot manager net year, right?

Why isn't this a situation where Dewitt hires this guy to do the deep dive into what's wrong with the minors? Who's the problem? What needs to be implemented.

Then in 2025 Bloom becomes GM and he brings in his own manager and minor league staff thats on board with his modernization of the minors?

I wanted Mo gone like 4-5 years ago. So him not being fired sucks big time but we wanted Pioli gone years before he was actually fired.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:11 PM   #720
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:

That's more than Mozeliak's done in the last decade.
And had non-winning seasons the other 4 seasons of his tenure.