Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-20-2022, 01:11 PM  
I'll be back.

House of the Dragon

OH YEAH!

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2024, 01:43 PM   #706
sorta mod-ish

He needs to finish it just to get the ****ing taste of GoT's seasons 7 and 8 out of our collective mouths. Charges should be brought up against D&D, let's be real here.

And to give Barristan Selmy a proper end to his story. Christ.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 01:51 PM   #707
MVP

If its finished he's sitting on a massive pay day.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-11-2024, 07:07 AM   #708
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I think he wrote himself into a corner (the story just kept expanding; he never seemed to understand how to tighten it up), realized he wasn't sure how to land the plane, let the show do it for him and now can sit there comfortably in the knowledge that most people think his ending would've been far better and hate the showrunners for their attempt at it.

A lot of very good storytellers don't know how to end a story (Stephen King being the most notorious example) and it's pretty likely GRRM is as well. So he's just gonna...die. I don't think he has any designs on finishing that story at all.
When he dies, the publisher will probably end up getting a ghost writer to finish it from his notes and story outline.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2024, 07:50 AM   #709
MVP

Quote:
I think he wrote himself into a corner (the story just kept expanding; he never seemed to understand how to tighten it up), realized he wasn't sure how to land the plane, let the show do it for him and now can sit there comfortably in the knowledge that most people think his ending would've been far better and hate the showrunners for their attempt at it.

A lot of very good storytellers don't know how to end a story (Stephen King being the most notorious example) and it's pretty likely GRRM is as well. So he's just gonna...die. I don't think he has any designs on finishing that story at all.
He's got everyone spread out so far that he's going to have a difficult time bringing them back together to tie it all up. HBO is supposed to be filming the next spinoff "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms" now but that's just more reason for him not to write the damn book. He's 75 and not the picture of good health. It will never happen unless he gets someone else to do it.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-11-2024, 09:10 AM   #710
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
When he dies, the publisher will probably end up getting a ghost writer to finish it from his notes and story outline.
I don't pretend to be an IP attorney, so I don't really know how the rights work, but George has gone on record many times saying he doesn't want anyone to finish the series in his stead if he can't finish it himself.

At the very least, I would think an author with any integrity would respect that.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-11-2024, 09:50 AM   #711
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
I don't pretend to be an IP attorney, so I don't really know how the rights work, but George has gone on record many times saying he doesn't want anyone to finish the series in his stead if he can't finish it himself.

At the very least, I would think an author with any integrity would respect that.
The publisher will find someone to finish the book.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2024, 09:50 AM   #712
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
He's got everyone spread out so far that he's going to have a difficult time bringing them back together to tie it all up. HBO is supposed to be filming the next spinoff "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms" now but that's just more reason for him not to write the damn book. He's 75 and not the picture of good health. It will never happen unless he gets someone else to do it.
Exactly.

As sprawling as the HBO series ended up around season 6, it was nothing compared to the books. I mean there are entire POV characters that got deleted from the series that are still bouncing around the book universe.

I mentioned this years ago but GRRM is someone who 'loses control of his instrument' so to speak. He can't help but get bogged down in details and he often struggles badly to keep his story coherent. And his answer to a loose thread somewhere is to try to use that thread to knit another sweater.

He's seemingly disinterest or perhaps incapable of simply cutting off the thread.

He just reminds me so much of Stephen King in that regard. The expanded version of The Stand is what happens when everything goes right in that regard. Sometimes you manage to take the plane through all that turbulence, do a couple barrel rolls and put it on the tarmac. Then you have The Gunslinger series when he just kept doing loops until he put the damn thing into a mountain.

3 books in, he could've still brought this sucker home in a satisfying fashion. But instead he just kept getting broader and broader. When he tried to write book 4 and it was too long and unwieldy to put in one book, that should've been a sign to him that he was on the wrong track.

And instead of taking that overly long and convoluted story and editing the shit out of it, he just decided to make it two books.

Nothing he's said since then has been more demonstrative of his mindset than how he had to handle Feast and Dance. Hey George, when you can't decided on pizza or fried chicken, the answer shouldn't be full sized portions of each. This applies in both your writing and your life.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2024, 09:53 AM   #713

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
The publisher will find someone to finish the book.
Having forced my way through the conclusion to the Dune series with Kevin Anderson and Brian Herbert....I think I'll pass.

I never read Wheel of Time but I hear that Sanderson did well enough with those. I just think it's so rare. Even reading the "Tom Clancy With..." books that guys like Mark Greaney co-authored with him is simply jarring. And the "Tom Clancy's..." books that came after he died are worse still. And those don't have anywhere near the world-building that stuff like ASOIAF and Dune have had.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2024, 09:57 AM   #714
"You like to drink?"

Maybe he's doing a reverse ADWD/AFFC where he's working on both Winds and Dream simultaneously?
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2024, 10:17 AM   #715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Maybe he's doing a reverse ADWD/AFFC where he's working on both Winds and Dream simultaneously?
Just no way.

If he were working on them at all (and again, I don't think he is or has any designs on doing so), he'd end up turning those 2 books into 5. And those 5 into 9. He's just lost the plot.
Old 07-11-2024, 10:33 AM   #716
MVP

Quote:
Exactly.

As sprawling as the HBO series ended up around season 6, it was nothing compared to the books. I mean there are entire POV characters that got deleted from the series that are still bouncing around the book universe.

I mentioned this years ago but GRRM is someone who 'loses control of his instrument' so to speak. He can't help but get bogged down in details and he often struggles badly to keep his story coherent. And his answer to a loose thread somewhere is to try to use that thread to knit another sweater.

He's seemingly disinterest or perhaps incapable of simply cutting off the thread.

He just reminds me so much of Stephen King in that regard. The expanded version of The Stand is what happens when everything goes right in that regard. Sometimes you manage to take the plane through all that turbulence, do a couple barrel rolls and put it on the tarmac. Then you have The Gunslinger series when he just kept doing loops until he put the damn thing into a mountain.

3 books in, he could've still brought this sucker home in a satisfying fashion. But instead he just kept getting broader and broader. When he tried to write book 4 and it was too long and unwieldy to put in one book, that should've been a sign to him that he was on the wrong track.

And instead of taking that overly long and convoluted story and editing the shit out of it, he just decided to make it two books.

Nothing he's said since then has been more demonstrative of his mindset than how he had to handle Feast and Dance. Hey George, when you can't decided on pizza or fried chicken, the answer shouldn't be full sized portions of each. This applies in both your writing and your life.
I think King's success with The Stand is what killed The Gunslinger series.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-11-2024, 02:27 PM   #717
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Just no way.

If he were working on them at all (and again, I don't think he is or has any designs on doing so), he'd end up turning those 2 books into 5. And those 5 into 9. He's just lost the plot.
If the show ending is the rough strokes of what he was getting at, doesn't that mean he only needs to plausibly wrap up the Dorne and Young Griff / fAegon plotlines in way people haven't anticipated?

Just a ASOIAF Wiki peruser. I've read the samples of the first few novels to see how GRRMs style compares or contrasts to Fevre Dream and Way of the Cross and Dragon.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2024, 05:49 PM   #718
You gotta kill a few people

He’s got everything going on with the Ironborn as well. Victarion is on a collision course with Daenerys, Barristan, and the newly freed dragons with the dragon binding horn and Euron’s doing some weird shit around Oldtown.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2024, 06:10 PM   #719
MVP

I hope he finishes it so my boy stannis can get a proper ending.
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-11-2024, 06:23 PM   #720
You gotta kill a few people

Hah, my goodness. It’s been so long I forget how far behind GRRM is..

He’s basically got to iron out two wars in the beginning of Winds with Stannis at Winterfell and Daenerys vs Victarion in Meereen or wherever.

Jon Snow just got stabbed to death, Bran is still in the cave with Bloodraven, and Brienne & Jaime are probably going to be brought to zombie Catelyn.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.