Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:13 PM   #7066
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Comparing H1N1 and this virus is a future exercise. I wanted to try and do the same in the beginning, but they're not comparable.
True, we had 1MM confirmed cases of H1N1 in the same 72 day timeframe that we now have 12K or so cases of Covid-19 confirmed.

Either we have way more cases than we know of Covid-19 which means its not nearly as lethal as stated, or we don't and its not nearly as contagious.

I don't see how that's disputable.

Anyway that will be my last post on my opinion of "numbers".
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:13 PM   #7067
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
I disagree. By your own theoretical numbers we won't have near 16,000 deaths nor would we without the lock down which is what H1N1 had.
You disagree that SARS-CoV-2 has an R0 of 2 to 3? You disagree that the fatality rates is much higher than H1N1?

I don't think we'll have the super scary numbers that some are putting out there, no. And that's because we are locking down.

And, I'm well-aware that we'll never know for sure what would have happened if we hadn't locked things down, and some people will say, "See! No big deal! Overreaction."
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 02:14 PM   #7068
Has a particular set of skills

BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:15 PM   #7069
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Yes, sir!

My 10 year old (at the time) was and still is a HUGE Journey fan. On Christmas Eve, 2018, I took her to the store to buy food for Christmas Dinner and we ran into the One & Only, Steve Perry!

He was extremely nice and gracious and even took a few pictures with my daughter. She printed out the photo of her and Steve and put it on the cover of her school notebook, used it as a screensaver, etc.

I've run into tons of musicians (most of whom I've known) and actors/actresses there.
So cool. I would have loved that too. We stayed at Universal Studios/Hotel.

Ate at the In and Out Burger too that was mentioned.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:18 PM   #7070
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
You disagree that SARS-CoV-2 has an R0 of 2 to 3? You disagree that the fatality rates is much higher than H1N1?

I don't think we'll have the super scary numbers that some are putting out there, no. And that's because we are locking down.

And, I'm well-aware that we'll never know for sure what would have happened if we hadn't locked things down, and some people will say, "See! No big deal! Overreaction."
I'm not getting into the numbers again as I said I wouldn't but my opinion is this-

If you are going to crush the economy and put people out of business and cause massive economic hardship to millions of people over this, "Better safe than sorry" alone isn't a good enough reason.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 02:20 PM   #7071
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
I'm not getting into the numbers again as I said I wouldn't but my opinion is this-

If you are going to crush the economy and put people out of business and cause massive economic hardship to millions of people over this, "Better safe than sorry" alone isn't a good enough reason.
Of course you aren't going to get into the numbers, because they show that this bug is more contagious and deadly than H1N1, and that's why we are locking down when we didn't then, which was your question. Those numbers ARE the reason.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 02:23 PM   #7072
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Of course you aren't going to get into the numbers, because they show that this bug is more contagious and deadly than H1N1, and that's why we are locking down when we didn't then, which was your question. Those numbers ARE the reason.
How is Covid-19 more contagious than H1N1 if 975,000 more people had H1N1 in the same timeframe from the start of the outbreak to day 72?

Explain that.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:24 PM   #7073
Damn it feels good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
We’ve been eyeing a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT for some time. If FCA comes up with a zero percent financing deal it might push us over the edge. Best I could find was for a Compass or Renegade. A huge negative is there isn’t an SRT that matches our wants in our state and hasn’t been since we started looking.
I've had my eye on a few Chrysler 300 S' for quite some time now. I really like the facelift post-2015 they got.

Note: No, I'm not a drug dealer lol
SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:25 PM   #7074
Most Valuable Villain

Sean Payton tested positive.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:27 PM   #7075
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
How is Covid-19 more contagious than H1N1 if 975,000 more people had H1N1 in the same timeframe from the start of the outbreak to day 72?

Explain that.
Were did you get this 72 day figure from?
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 02:27 PM   #7076
Kind of a mod

Quote:

Explain that.
H1N1 originated in North America, as a start. It took two months for COVID-19 to get to the U.S.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:30 PM   #7077
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
H1N1 originated in the North America, as a start. It took two months for COVID-19 to get to the U.S.
Sure but his point still stands. We haven't topped 200k yet (That we know) at this time in H1N1 we had over a million in the world infected.

So it really break down to either China Virus is alot less deadly and more people have it than we know by a factor of 5. Or its not a easy to spread as H1N1 thus far.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 02:31 PM   #7078
MVP

Quote:

Fatality rates based on what? Known cases or estimated cases? We have no idea how many people actually have this now. Especially when you read reports that some people have it and don't even know they have it. That most cases are mild with some not showing any signs of having it. The more people that have this the lower the fatality rate. I think the number of people who have it or have had it is much higher than what is reported.
jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.jjjayb is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:32 PM   #7079
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
Small business owner here.

Luckily for us, we can do everything remotely and with places closing down all over the country, we've actually been busier than normal.
Undertaker?
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 02:33 PM   #7080
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Were did you get this 72 day figure from?
As I suspected you didn't read all the posts leading up to the convo you butted in on and started arguing numbers that are incorrect.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote