Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-02-2022, 08:51 AM  
Supporter

***** All things Fitness *****

2022 getting and staying fit thread!
penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM   #676
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
Strength training is 10x+ more important than cardio to live a full and healthy life.
I'm trying to live longer ans just be healthy. Women live much longer than men. Have less muscle tone, less muscle and are smaller. The smaller you are the better off you are generally. Sure avoiding muscle atrophy is important but most body building stuff is not exactly good for you. Ideally you would do both but I don't think there is any doctor ever that would tell you if you had to pick one to pick strength training instead of cardio.

Back when I was into body building I couldn't run for shit. My heart was still unhealthy. I got just as tired from running a block as I did after not lifting for 8 years. It gave me no aerobic benefit and did not help my triglyceride levels. Cardio and simply replacing my red meat intake with fish did. Ive only been doing cardio for 6 months and have only went from 188 lbs to 183 lbs and it is like night and day for my health. I felt sluggish alot when the focus was just strength training and that was when I was a younger man. I feel the absolute best I have ever felt in my entire life. Someday Id like to do both but for now focusing on the heart and blood levels.

Last edited by BWillie; Yesterday at 07:55 PM..
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM   #677
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Had a powerlifting meet so a weeks rest after and then went on vacation.

Good question... 4lbs or so is most likely dehydration. 4 days of eating about half of maintenance calories per day, for some reason I don't have an appetite when traveling.

There might be a possibility a change in supplements (a removal of one) has resulted in some of the loss as well.

Abs are sort of popping though so I guess there is one benefit.

Next month and a half is going to be brutal. Need to get back to where I was plus maybe 10lbs more.

Nothing more fun than eating a lot of food when you aren't hungry.
Ha, you were popping anadrols leading up to the meet and the water came off, didn't it?
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:13 AM   #678
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Ha, you were popping anadrols leading up to the meet and the water came off, didn't it?
Only thing I was possibly running that I might not be now is 60mg daily tbol.
penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 11:20 AM   #679
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I'm trying to live longer ans just be healthy. Women live much longer than men. Have less muscle tone, less muscle and are smaller. The smaller you are the better off you are generally. Sure avoiding muscle atrophy is important but most body building stuff is not exactly good for you. Ideally you would do both but I don't think there is any doctor ever that would tell you if you had to pick one to pick strength training instead of cardio.

Back when I was into body building I couldn't run for shit. My heart was still unhealthy. I got just as tired from running a block as I did after not lifting for 8 years. It gave me no aerobic benefit and did not help my triglyceride levels. Cardio and simply replacing my red meat intake with fish did. Ive only been doing cardio for 6 months and have only went from 188 lbs to 183 lbs and it is like night and day for my health. I felt sluggish alot when the focus was just strength training and that was when I was a younger man. I feel the absolute best I have ever felt in my entire life. Someday Id like to do both but for now focusing on the heart and blood levels.
You were not lifting correctly then. Lifting can do everything that running can when done correctly.

Say you get down to the weight you think is what you need to be to live how you want to live... What are you going to do if your wife were to fall down and is unable to get up and you are too weak to help her as well?
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:36 AM   #680
Would an idiot do that?

BWillie did his BWilliest with that one... no point in even starting to dissect all the idiocy when someone puts so much effort in being the reeruned-est version of themselves.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:38 AM   #681
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Had a powerlifting meet so a weeks rest after and then went on vacation.

Good question... 4lbs or so is most likely dehydration. 4 days of eating about half of maintenance calories per day, for some reason I don't have an appetite when traveling.

There might be a possibility a change in supplements (a removal of one) has resulted in some of the loss as well.

Abs are sort of popping though so I guess there is one benefit.

Next month and a half is going to be brutal. Need to get back to where I was plus maybe 10lbs more.

Nothing more fun than eating a lot of food when you aren't hungry.

forgot t ask, how'd the powerlifting meet go anyway?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:41 AM   #682

Quote:
You were not lifting correctly then. Lifting can do everything that running can when done correctly.

Say you get down to the weight you think is what you need to be to live how you want to live... What are you going to do if your wife were to fall down and is unable to get up and you are too weak to help her as well?
I'm not trying to lose weight as any goal. When I was into bodybuilding the only way I could gain weight is to not eat clean. Drink tons of whey protein. Doesn't really make you feel great.

If I end up losing like 15 to 20 lbs by running it will suck cuz then Ill have to lift again and eat more unhealthy.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:01 PM   #683
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I'm just messing around. Now that I am old I wish to live longer. When I was younger I used to lift for vanity. Now I just do cardio. Never thought Id see the day.
It's good to balance out the cardio with balance exercises and a couple of days per week of strength training. That helps keep you injury free during your cardio sessions, slow down the loss of muscle mass associated with aging, and lower your fall risk.

It's good to aim for a variety. I do a lot of running every week, but I also try to do two or three sessions of yoga, as those help me with balance, mobility, and strength, and counteract some of the distorting effects of long-distance running, especially the tight hip and leg muscles that comes with long-distance running.

https://health.gov/myhealthfinder/he...der-quick-tips
DanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanT 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Today, 12:01 PM   #684

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
BWillie did his BWilliest with that one... no point in even starting to dissect all the idiocy when someone puts so much effort in being the reeruned-est version of themselves.
Is your contention that cardio is unhealthy?
Is your contention that weighing more is generally more healthy than weighing less?
Old Today, 12:10 PM   #685
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT View Post
It's good to balance out the cardio with balance exercises and a couple of days per week of strength training. That helps keep you injury free during your cardio sessions, slow down the loss of muscle mass associated with aging, and lower your fall risk.

It's good to aim for a variety. I do a lot of running every week, but I also try to do two or three sessions of yoga, as those help me with balance, mobility, and strength, and counteract some of the distorting effects of long-distance running, especially the tight hip and leg muscles that comes with long-distance running.

https://health.gov/myhealthfinder/he...der-quick-tips
What kind/program for yoga? I tried the P90x variety years ago and it was soooooo slow and repetitive.... I could definitely use something on off days for flexibility/stretching and balance.

I currently try to remember stretching whatever I worked out on the same day, but often forget... and then will sometimes stretch between sets or if I have a long Teams meeting that I can stand for.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:12 PM   #686
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Only thing I was possibly running that I might not be now is 60mg daily tbol.
Hmm, I thought tbol was dry. I'm surprised you'd dump that much water. I know it's not muscle because you'd have to just not eat anything at all for that to happen
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.